The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by daprescription

I'm really bad at finding information in this thread, so I will ask the question that has probably been asked and answered multiple times in here already: If I install Snow Leopard, will it erase everything off my hard drive or is it more of an upgrade?

I have heard it is more of a upgrade, but I would back everything up just to be safe.

Originally Posted by C o IVI p L e X

ok i'm looking to upgrade my HD and my memory but i don't know too much about the internals of a computer.

anyone wanna help me out, i only got 1GB memory and my HD only has like 10 GB left, i got a 13" all white macbook from like late '07.

You only have 1GB RAM? I would say go to newegg get RAM, and find a internal hard drive there also.

gonna get a 15' macbook today

just posting in here so i dont have to dig for it later if i have any questions when i come home

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

Originally Posted by daprescription

I'm really bad at finding information in this thread, so I will ask the question that has probably been asked and answered multiple times in here already:
If I install Snow Leopard, will it erase everything off my hard drive or is it more of an upgrade?

I have heard it is more of a upgrade, but I would back everything up just to be safe.

I installed Snow Leopard last week and it is more like an upgrade.

Originally Posted by KiNGJRMZair23

Did anyone order Snow Leopard from the Apple online store? because I didn't receive any tracking number or anything.
Anyone?
frown.gif

im at the apple store right now and this thing is packed

itsgonna take me forever to get a sales associate to help me
sick.gif
%%!% sakes im just gonna grab anyoneeven if theyre with a "customer" i dont give a%%!% anymore edit - they just said i need to make an appt
indifferent.gif

Ok so candybar worked when i changed my finder icon when liteicon wouldn't.
Is there any way to make my hard drive icon on the desktop any bigger?
Sorry I'm new to this mac.

Originally Posted by Physicx

sick.gif
%%!% sakes im just gonna grab anyoneeven if theyre with a "customer" i dont give a %%!% anymore edit - they just said i need to make an appt
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
at having to make an appointment i would have said %*#+that im gonna go buy a pc...

and best buy is having a special for 1tb

http://www.bestbuy.com/si...uct&id=1218070095789

Originally Posted by jon4rd

Right-click on desktop. Click on 'Show View Options'. Adjust where it says 'Icon Size'.

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Originally Posted by jon4rd

Right-click on desktop. Click on 'Show View Options'. Adjust where it says 'Icon Size'.
thanks.

ok im using this thing right now

at first i was worried about the keyboard but i seem to be typing as well as i usually do
pimp.gif

dl'd firefox right away and im waiting until tonight to install snow leopard that came with it

Did anyone order Snow Leopard from the Apple online store? because I didn't receive any tracking number or anything.
Anyone?
frown.gif

YUP, got it the following monday after the friday release. I don't think I got a tracking number but they did inform me that when it shipped and such.

Originally Posted by Jonbx5

sick.gif
%%!% sakes im just gonna grab anyoneeven if theyre with a "customer" i dont give a %%!% anymore edit - they just said i need to make an appt
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
at having to make an appointment i would have said %*#+ that im gonna go buy a pc...

Ya'll better get on this deal lol, I called my local bestbuy to hold one for me and they told me 6 people called and try to get it but they held it for melol. 1 tb for 65 is deals!

Originally Posted by Jonbx5

sick.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
at having to make an appointment i would have said %*#+ that im gonna go buy a pc...

Ya'll better get on this deal lol, I called my local bestbuy to hold one for me and they told me 6 people called and try to get it but they held it for melol. 1 tb for 65 is deals!

anyone wanna help me out on learning to use Final Cut?? Geeze this program is tough

not easy at all like I movie
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Razorsharp510

can you buy used Snow Leopard disc or are they like a one time use?..lol

They have single license discs and they have family pack discs.
The family packs let you download it to 5 computers.

Anyone?
frown.gif

i ordered last wednesday and got tracing on thrusday its supposedly going to be here on wednesday due to the holiday and all..

Originally Posted by stylez23

Anyone?
frown.gif

i ordered last wednesday and got tracing on thrusday its supposedly going to be here on wednesday due to the holiday and all..
I ordered last Monday, and was delivered last Wednesday, but never got a tracking number. But hopefully your right about the holiday thing.

Back
Top Bottom