The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Anyone running Snow Leopard see occasional 15-30 second beach ball hangs?

I do, $@#@ is making me
mad.gif

Originally Posted by AC4Three

What do you guys recommend for a keyboard to use with my macbook pro? I plan on using it with an external display, and I'm wondering whether the apple bluetooth keyboard is worth the money. Or do you have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Anybody?

What do you guys recommend for a keyboard to use with my macbook pro? I plan on using it with an external display, and I'm wondering whether the apple bluetooth keyboard is worth the money. Or do you have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Anybody?
i have the apple bluetooth keyboard, It comes in REALLY handy & makes typing my papers alot more convenient.
also the brightness controls/itunes controls are icing on the cake. its hella compact too

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

should i get a regular mac book or just get the mac book pro for a little more?...

if money isn't a thang - macbook pro. but it also depends what is you plan on using the computer for.
just home use... wifey will probably make dvd's of the kids from the old video tapes... music and internet use... can you burn movies andstuff with macs?

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

NCTwin wrote:

Just started using a Mac, and I'm not able to view NT like I used to, well it's only when I want to respond. All of the options that would be on the
PC(quoting, grabbing pics from Photobucket, smilies, etc) aren't there when I respond to things. Also when I try to copy and paste, it tries to put
things in one huge paragraph. Is it Safari?? I'm not able to use the drop down menus either...

Yeah it's Safari, some peeps have reported that they aren't able to see all of the options with Safari. Swith to Firefox instead
pimp.gif

Cool. Thanks a lot. I was gonna make the switch just because that's what I'm used to, so that's good. I've tried downloading before, and everytime I want to open Firefox, they want me to keep dragging the logo to the applications folder(I hope that makes sense). Is there a way to stop that??

Go to your NT account settings and switch the mode to "bbcode". I was having the same problem as you until I switched my settings. Foxfire does notrecognize the track pad short cuts.

This has probably been asked, but I'm getting a macbook pro on sunday and i'm wondering if it's betterto get a refurbished one since people say it gets handchecked before sent out.

*Btw the price diff between the refurb & new is 108$

Originally Posted by ChineyRoyal

This has probably been asked, but I'm getting a macbook pro on sunday and i'm wondering if it's better to get a refurbished one since people say it gets handchecked before sent out.

*Btw the price diff between the refurb & new is 108$
Is 108 worth that much to you? In terms of how much it is relative to the actual cost of the computer I mean. As far as apple refurbs, theyreusually great quality, never had a problem with them. Just preference. Some people dont mind paying that extra 108 for that "new" feeling, especiallyif the computer costs a lot to begin with.

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by NCTwin

NCTwin wrote:

Just started using a Mac, and I'm not able to view NT like I used to, well it's only when I want to respond. All of the options that would be on the
PC(quoting, grabbing pics from Photobucket, smilies, etc) aren't there when I respond to things. Also when I try to copy and paste, it tries to put
things in one huge paragraph. Is it Safari?? I'm not able to use the drop down menus either...

Yeah it's Safari, some peeps have reported that they aren't able to see all of the options with Safari. Swith to Firefox instead
pimp.gif

Cool. Thanks a lot. I was gonna make the switch just because that's what I'm used to, so that's good. I've tried downloading before, and everytime I want to open Firefox, they want me to keep dragging the logo to the applications folder(I hope that makes sense). Is there a way to stop that??

Go to your NT account settings and switch the mode to "bbcode". I was having the same problem as you until I switched my settings. Foxfire does not recognize the track pad short cuts.

Track Pad shortcuts....
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

Originally Posted by youngpnoi

durty pancakes wrote:

I do, $@#@ is making me
mad.gif
whenever im trying to do my homework
mad.gif

I run into the same problem
Okay apparently this is a big problem for SL users thus far. There's a whole discussion on this topic on the Mac forums. It is driving mecrazy with all these hangs and freezes.

Originally Posted by sunny559

Anybody?
i have the apple bluetooth keyboard, It comes in REALLY handy & makes typing my papers alot more convenient.
also the brightness controls/itunes controls are icing on the cake. its hella compact too
Thanks for the response. Are you referring to the compact one without the number pad? How is the battery life? Is there any keystroke lag?

Originally Posted by sunny559

Anybody?
Thanks for the response. Are you referring to the compact one without the number pad? How is the battery life? Is there any keystroke lag?
the only one that comes in bluetooth is the compact one, the other one with the number is not wireless.
no lag whatsoever, a breeze to setup, & I dont remember the last time I changed the batteries, but the things LAST...

NCTwin said:

NCTwin wrote:

pimp.gif

Go to your NT account settings and switch the mode to "bbcode". I was having the same problem as you until I switched my settings. Foxfire does notrecognize the track pad short cuts.

That did it. Thank you VERY much.

And what's this about the trackpad shortcuts??

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

NCTwin wrote:

TheGoogler wrote:

NCTwin wrote:

Just started using a Mac, and I'm not able to view NT like I used to, well it's only when I want to respond. All of the options that would be on
the

pimp.gif

Cool. Thanks a lot. I was gonna make the switch just because that's what I'm used to, so that's good. I've tried downloading before, and
everytime I want to open Firefox, they want me to keep dragging the logo to the applications folder(I hope that makes sense). Is there a way to stop that??

Go to your NT account settings and switch the mode to "bbcode". I was having the same problem as you until I switched my settings. Foxfire does not
recognize the track pad short cuts.

Track Pad shortcuts....
nerd.gif

How you can swipe three fingers to the left to go back a page, swipe three fingers to the left to go forward a page and the whole zoom in and out with twofingers. At first it wasn't a big deal but now I use the whole three finger forward and backwards all the time it is even to the point when I use other nonApple laptops I still swipe three fingers expecting something to happen.

Originally Posted by Physicx

Originally Posted by youngpnoi

durty pancakes wrote:

I do, $@#@ is making me
mad.gif
whenever im trying to do my homework
mad.gif

I run into the same problem
I don't have Snow Leopard but when this started happening to my Macbook I had to go to the Apple Store to get new hardware.

Okay for a while now, my wifi connection to my at&t u-verse 2wire kept dropping and I thought it was due to the modem. Turns out, this is another problemmany people running SL are facing.

Anyone else on here experiencing their internet connection dropping sporadically?

Snow Leopard hasn't left a good impression on me thus far.
eyes.gif

This isn't really good that Snow Leopard isn't selling to many Mac consumers along with having some problems with interface...Yikes.

Btw, I spent some time in a Apple Store today and was pretty convinced that my next Apple purchase will be an iMac.

is my macbook about to die? a few days ago my computer froze and it started making a clicking/ticking noise and when i shut the lid it wouldnt sleep so i hadto hold the power button. hasnt done it since.

also has anyone ever had the problem with there macbook not going to sleep? mines been doing it for like 2 months now. i click sleep and it wont go to sleepunless i close the lid.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

is my macbook about to die? a few days ago my computer froze and it started making a clicking/ticking noise and when i shut the lid it wouldnt sleep so i had to hold the power button. hasnt done it since.

also has anyone ever had the problem with there macbook not going to sleep? mines been doing it for like 2 months now. i click sleep and it wont go to sleep unless i close the lid.
You running SL?

This seems to be another problem for SL users as well.

i'm trying to install xtra's for adium. i'm trying to change my contact list style but it doesnt change? i'm trying to change it to HUD. help?

Originally Posted by dyzzle

i'm trying to install xtra's for adium. i'm trying to change my contact list style but it doesnt change? i'm trying to change it to HUD. help?
are you downloading 'hud' to your HD? try clicking on "install" instead. a small window should pop up and tell you to open itwith adium

is it complicated to add music to your iphone?... someone told me that if you only wanted to add 1 song that the phone takes all the music out and puts it backin everytime you add new music.....is that true?... after i get my mac books i wanted to get iphones... but if it takes a long time just to add music then idont think i wanna bother with it...

^it's as easy as plugging your phone in and letting itunes add whatever new music you have in your library. to sync and add 1 song, it shouldn't takemore than a minute or two.

anyone use geektools? im trying to get the weather stuff to work, but guides i've followed online just don't work.

Back
Top Bottom