The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

I need some help with my internet
ohwell.gif

I bought a new router today(my old one broke) and everything is connected and whatnot. But for some reason the macbook does not go to the internetwirelessly...?
If i put in the Ethernet cable,it works great, no problems, but without the Ethernet cable, theres no connection between the router and the macbook?
i tried everything, restarting the router and the modem and restarting the laptop but nothing seems to work?...any help?
tired.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by 23kidd

ohwell.gif

I bought a new router today(my old one broke) and everything is connected and whatnot. But for some reason the macbook does not go to the internet wirelessly...?
If i put in the Ethernet cable,it works great, no problems, but without the Ethernet cable, theres no connection between the router and the macbook?
i tried everything, restarting the router and the modem and restarting the laptop but nothing seems to work?...any help?
tired.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
Is your airport turned on?

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by 23kidd

ohwell.gif

I bought a new router today(my old one broke) and everything is connected and whatnot. But for some reason the macbook does not go to the internet wirelessly...?
tired.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
Is your airport turned on?
Yep. I turned it off and then on and reconnected it but still nothing.
Its weird because before i connect the internet from airport, on network systems it shows that airport is on and there's a gold circle next to it, butonce i connect it to my server or w/e it turns off and shows a red circle next to it
indifferent.gif

I recently bought an external hard drive for my Macbook Pro. When I first plugged it in it backed up everything on my laptop. Since then, whenever I plug inthe HD nothing happens besides the icon popping up. Is it automatically backing up any new info once I plug it in or am I missing a step?

I saw that rumor over the weekend too, we'll see....

I copped Airport Extreme N over the weekend and it is considerably better than the d-link router we were using previously.

Next up, a external hard drive. Must have at least firewire...any suggestions?

anyone willing to help me on changing my dock? running candybar 3.2 on SL. my icons change but for some reason my dock doesnt. is changing the dock the same aschanging the icons? everytime i drag a new dock onto the screen nothing changes.

[h3]Apple Tablet to Run iPhone OS and Launch in May or June 2010?[/h3] iLounge reports that it has received a number of tips about Apple's much rumored tablet computer from the same source who tipped off the site about the fifth-generation iPod nano. The source claims that the tablet device will sport a 10.7" screen offering a resolution in the neighborhood of 720p, will run iPhone OS rather than Mac OS X, and should be announced on or before January 19th, 2010 for release in May or June of 2010.

The report also claims that the device will be very iPhone-like in appearance, complete with a curved back, and that it will come in two varieties, one with 3G wireless connectivity and one without. Not designed to compete with low-cost netbooks, the tablet is reportedly being targeted to provide substantial book and magazine reading functionality along with an enhanced experience for the traditional functions of the iPhone and iPod touch.

Finally, the report notes that Steve Jobs, who has been reported to be almost exclusively focused on the project, has not yet given the device final approval and that the source places the likelihood of a release at approximately 80% at this point in time.

[h3]Touchscreen Remote for Apple TV?[/h3]
095748-touchscreen_apple_tv_remote.jpg
Boy Genius Report claims that it has received an image of a product mockup for a forthcoming touchscreen remote that may be launched alongside an updated Apple TV. While the mockup appears to show a rather sophisticated (and likely costly) device that initially seems hard to believe, the report notes that the source providing the image is the same one who accurately offered information on iTunes 9's iPhone home screen organization and social networking features.
It seems a little far-fetched that this unit's only purpose would be to control an Apple TV, and you can even see a Safari option on the mockup. To be honest, it looks like a touch screen iPod nano, just longer. We're going to dig a little bit and see what we can find, but we figured we'd run this with a high dose of caution for informational purposes.
Apple earlier this month reconfigured its Apple TV offerings, eliminating the 40 GB model and dropping the price of the 160 GB model to $229.

Anyone else using VLC player as their default media player?

I usually have an icon/thumbnail preview of my .avi files, but for some reason it's the default cone icon on all my .avi's file.. I went to show viewoptions and I do have 'show icon preview' checked... Any help would be appreciated..

What do you guys recommend for a keyboard to use with my macbook pro? I plan on using it with an external display, and I'm wondering whether the applebluetooth keyboard is worth the money. Or do you have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

[h3]Touchscreen Remote for Apple TV?[/h3]Boy Genius Report claims that it has received an image of a product mockup for a forthcoming touchscreen remote that may be launched alongside an updated Apple TV. While the mockup appears to show a rather sophisticated (and likely costly) device that initially seems hard to believe, the report notes that the source providing the image is the same one who accurately offered information on iTunes 9's iPhone home screen organization and social networking features.
It seems a little far-fetched that this unit's only purpose would be to control an Apple TV, and you can even see a Safari option on the mockup. To be honest, it looks like a touch screen iPod nano, just longer. We're going to dig a little bit and see what we can find, but we figured we'd run this with a high dose of caution for informational purposes.
Apple earlier this month reconfigured its Apple TV offerings, eliminating the 40 GB model and dropping the price of the 160 GB model to $229.

I love the Apple TV; its a great device that Apple screwed by announcing side-by-side with the iPhone knowing it would get overshadowed and hashampered over and over by not promoting properly and barely updating. I thin Gizmodo had the best idea about how to help it along.

Sum1 I need ur help!!!!!!!!

I had a presentation due in class today and I have a mac with snow leapard and I used the keynote on iWork for my powerpoint in my class the professor has amac but it's an older OS and it only has microsoft powerpoint she gave me until next class to figure out what I'm gonna do.... Is there anyway I canchange my format to show my presentation on her mac?????!!!!! Or do I have to do it all over in a day???!!! Sumbody please help me!!!!

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

Sum1 I need ur help!!!!!!!!

I had a presentation due in class today and I have a mac with snow leapard and I used the keynote on iWork for my powerpoint in my class the professor has a mac but it's an older OS and it only has microsoft powerpoint she gave me until next class to figure out what I'm gonna do.... Is there anyway I can change my format to show my presentation on her mac?????!!!!! Or do I have to do it all over in a day???!!! Sumbody please help me!!!!

Try opening Keynote > and then go to File > Export > Powerpoint. It might not transfer well, some things might be moved around, but it should work.

Can someone please tell me how I can burn the Snow Leopard disc, I purchased the family pack the other day and would like to make a backup of it.
I am not going to do anything illegal with it, I would just like to have an extra copy stored away.

I've tried loading/copying it to my Mac, but everytime I try to burn it to a DL DVD, it gives me an error.

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by ilegend

Can someone please tell me how I can burn the Snow Leopard disc, I purchased the family pack the other day and would like to make a backup of it.
I am not going to do anything illegal with it, I would just like to have an extra copy stored away.

I've tried loading/copying it to my Mac, but everytime I try to burn it to a DL DVD, it gives me an error.

Thanks in advance

Once you copyright the disc it is illegal, even if you state you are not going to do anything with it.

Blackberry Desktop Manager Officially Available for Macs Oct 2!

http://crackberry.com/rim...-manager-mac-october-2nd

RIM Launches BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac Users

New software makes it easy to sync data between Mac applications and BlackBerry smartphones; free download scheduled to be available on October 2

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Sept. 30, 2009) - Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM) has exciting news for Mac(R) users that want an easy and reliable solution that syncs their contacts, calendar appointments, tasks and notes with their BlackBerry(R) smartphones. A new version of the BlackBerry(R) Desktop Manager software has been developed specifically for Mac users. The new desktop software is scheduled to be available for free download from www.blackberry.com/mac on Friday, October 2 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.

The new BlackBerry Desktop Manager software allows Mac users to smoothly and seamlessly sync data from Mac applications like iCal(R), Address Book, Microsoft(R) Entourage(R) and others, as well as add and remove applications, schedule automatic backups, encrypt backup files and install software updates for their BlackBerry smartphone.

BlackBerry Desktop Manager Software also integrates BlackBerry Media Sync, enabling Mac users to sync their iTunes(R) music collections with their BlackBerry smartphone(i). From within the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software, users simply select the desired iTunes playlists and the music, including song information and album art, is quickly transferred onto their BlackBerry smartphone.

BlackBerry Desktop Manager software is designed to run on Mac computers with Mac OS 10.5.5 and higher and supports BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry OS 4.2 and higher.

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

I usually have an icon/thumbnail preview of my .avi files, but for some reason it's the default cone icon on all my .avi's file.. I went to show view options and I do have 'show icon preview' checked... Any help would be appreciated..

I use VLC as my default media player but I'm not really sure what you mean...what icon do you want to appear?...did you associate all your avi files toVLC?

Originally Posted by CDub Yo

I recently bought an external hard drive for my Macbook Pro. When I first plugged it in it backed up everything on my laptop. Since then, whenever I plug in the HD nothing happens besides the icon popping up. Is it automatically backing up any new info once I plug it in or am I missing a step?

nerd.gif

Hey guys
Are any of you having a problem where you have to download files from zshare instead of just streaming it straight from there? Is there anyway to change this?thanx

Originally Posted by AIR Kamote23

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

I usually have an icon/thumbnail preview of my .avi files, but for some reason it's the default cone icon on all my .avi's file.. I went to show view options and I do have 'show icon preview' checked... Any help would be appreciated..

I use VLC as my default media player but I'm not really sure what you mean...what icon do you want to appear?...did you associate all your avi files to VLC?
The .avi files I had before would show a video preview of the .avi file... Now, I have that orange cone on the .avi files....

Back
Top Bottom