The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

current setup (well just changed it again)
eek.gif
Howd you make the bar up top black??

just got a mbp 13" and am loving it.. got it with free itouch, printer.. now my biggest problem, deciding on a cover.. incase or speck? hardshell or satin? any recomendations?

Can anybody recommend me a good case for a 15inch MPB?

Oh, and possibly some good DVD burning software.

So I deleted a decent amount of pics from iPhoto but i can still open them inf ull size in preview. When I try to put them back into iPhoto it won't let me and says they are already there??? How can I retrieve them?

Originally Posted by John Sterling

For the money I'm going to spend is it worth it to get the Pro or the standard MacBook? Is the memory on the MacBook enough?

Just everyday things, mostly music and web browsing. Tired of all the virus's on the PC. Stuff like utorrent downloads and other music should still have my mac clean correct?

maybe if you learned how to use a computer you wouldn't have viruses. but nope, going to throw away your money on a mac.

with that said, anybody here with a macbook (or pro w/e) that has had battery issues? recently, on my late 09 MBP, the battery has expanded and the cover won't close correctly.

now, i know that crap shouldn't be happening (go apple, you make awesome products) so i decided to take off the battery and just use it with the charger.. i dont have applecare (didn't bother to buy it with this second POS they sent me) so how do you think my luck will run when i call them up and tell them what's wrong with it? think they'll send me a replacement for free? or tell me to go to hell.

Just saw that. It seems pretty good. Like a 13" mac book pro, except fog the RAm which is less, maybe if you upgrade your good. Verry efficient as well and I'm liking the design.

SOmeone explain to me what this airport thing is that apple has? I dont seem to understand the function.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

John Sterling said:

For the money I'm going to spend is it worth it to get the Pro or the standard MacBook? Is the memory on the MacBook enough?

Just everyday things, mostly music and web browsing. Tired of all the virus's on the PC. Stuff like utorrent downloads and other music should still have my mac clean correct?

maybe if you learned how to use a computer you wouldn't have viruses. but nope, going to throw away your money on a mac.

with that said, anybody here with a macbook (or pro w/e) that has had battery issues? recently, on my late 09 MBP, the battery has expanded and the cover won't close correctly.

now, i know that crap shouldn't be happening (go apple, you make awesome products) so i decided to take off the battery and just use it with the charger.. i dont have applecare (didn't bother to buy it with this second POS they sent me) so how do you think my luck will run when i call them up and tell them what's wrong with it? think they'll send me a replacement for free? or tell me to go to hell.
i had a well out of warranty battery that expanded. They didnt even check to see if i was an applecare customer or anything. They just looked at it and replaced it on the spot

Originally Posted by nocomment6

SOmeone explain to me what this airport thing is that apple has? I dont seem to understand the function.

both airport express abd airport extreme are routers. THey just take your wired connection and broadcast it as wireless. Outside of the aesthetics and the easy setup, it's no different than any other brand like D-Link or Linksys. There's also the Time Capsule, which is basically an Airport Extreme with a hard drive attached

Originally Posted by anabolic dunk

just got a mbp 13" and am loving it.. got it with free itouch, printer.. now my biggest problem, deciding on a cover.. incase or speck? hardshell or satin? any recomendations?

I went with the Speck See Thru case it's a good choice if you ever want to sticker bomb your mbp and it protects from scratches on the aluminum

Two questions. CAn a MBP only be attached to a VGA monitor with the cable that apple makes(which is pretty expensive)? Secound off, which printer is better: Epson Stylus NX510 All-in-One Printer or the Canon PIXMA MX320 Office All-In-One Printer?And do I get the printer rebate thong if I dont buy online and just go to the store? thanks.

a regular mb will be fine then.  no point in getting a mbp if you're just using it for basic stuff.

My speakers are staying muted, what should I do?

There is always the mute icon under the volume icons whenever I try to raise or lower it.

I just became apart of the Mac family today and want to know what are some must have apps? I do not see any on the first page.

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

anyone installed 10.6.4 ?
Yeah, I have installed it. No problems.

i wish i could upgrade to snow leopard.

but nope, apple can't send me a computer with a good dvd drive in it.

btw, thanks thegoat, gonna try my luck tomorrow.

Anyone have trouble with this summers Macbook pro release ???

Everything is fine except my battery life...I don't see anywhere near 10 hrs..anybody experiencing the same thing ??should I take it back??

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

Anyone have trouble with this summers Macbook pro release ???

Everything is fine except my battery life...I don't see anywhere near 10 hrs..anybody experiencing the same thing ??should I take it back??
Did you calibrate the battery? How many cycles have put on the battery?

do you guys think its better to buy a macbook online or at the apple store? i mean i guessing online cause you add specs like the anti glare screen n bigger hard drive etc. thoughts?

Originally Posted by JordanF1end

do you guys think its better to buy a macbook online or at the apple store? i mean i guessing online cause you add specs like the anti glare screen n bigger hard drive etc. thoughts?

it doesnt really matter either way. Buying it online alllws you to build a semi- BTO machine if you so choose, but if you're just getting a basic system..the only thing you have to gain by buying it online is to not deal with all these iPhone customers.
You can buy it from Amazon though and pay no taxes.
You can also get a refurb model online, which you can't do in-store

Back
Top Bottom