The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by ReMarqable23

My iPhone doesn't sync with iTunes anymore. It still charges my phone but doesn't back up like it usually does. How do I fix this?

Thanks.
Update iTunes.
My iTunes is up-to-date. Any other ideas why it's not working?

Hey guys I recently bought a MBP 13' and was wondering if there is a simple fix for the head phone jack? I get sound out of the speakers but when I plug my head phones I get nothing...I'm about to just buy some bluetooth head phones
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by cubanref

Hey guys I recently bought a MBP 13' and was wondering if there is a simple fix for the head phone jack? I get sound out of the speakers but when I plug my head phones I get nothing...I'm about to just buy some bluetooth head phones
ohwell.gif

are you sure you have the headphones plugged into the headphone jack and not the line out? And if you just bought it...take it to Apple. as long as you're under warranty, they'll fix anything that's not accidental damage for free.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

My iPhone doesn't sync with iTunes anymore. It still charges my phone but doesn't back up like it usually does. How do I fix this?

Thanks.
Update iTunes.
My iTunes is up-to-date. Any other ideas why it's not working?
Make sure that your Music, Video, and whatever else you want to have sync'd is check marked. Itunes on mac has several tabs under the Iphone device. It won't sync anything unless one of those is checked mark. Even if you click sync.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Anybody ever apply for an Apple Barclaycard Visa? Pros and Cons?

I just plan on applying to buy a MBP and paying it back within 3 or 4 months.
Currently answering this question on my 27-inch, 2.8GHz i7, 8GB RAM iMac that finally arrived today.
I applied for it for the 12 months deferred interest... I have a credit score of above 700, and I've never missed a payment since I got my ONLY card 5 years ago. They approved a whopping $500. The system is whack. If you go over the limit (to buy the computer, obviously) not only does that void the deferred interest, but you also pay an additional 30.4% interest per month on any amount over the credit limit whether you pay it off or not. So basically, they approve you for next to nothing, and then charge you 50% interest + $40 every month you're over the limit by $100 or more.

Let me put it this way:

$2,300 iMac

$500 approval

1st month: $2300+$1150 (interest fees) + $40 = 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i'm extremely late but i figured this would be the best place to bring this.

i'm about to buy my first Mac, a MacBook Pro. i wanna get my Mac to look dope like they do in most of the pics in here but i'm completely unfamiliar with all Apple products besides iPods so i have no clue where to start. i'm also not trying to shuffle through 250 pages so if somebody could even direct me to a link that would help get me started, i'd appreciate it.

got my 15" i7 for graduation yesterday!
loving it so far, much better than my old iMac

Where can I download themes for my macbook? I'm running 10.6.3, and from what I understand, I cannot use shapeshifter to run themes...

Any help? Looking for a black based theme...

For the money I'm going to spend is it worth it to get the Pro or the standard MacBook? Is the memory on the MacBook enough?

Originally Posted by John Sterling

For the money I'm going to spend is it worth it to get the Pro or the standard MacBook? Is the memory on the MacBook enough?

what will you be using it for?

Looking for some serious [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]HELP[/color] please!!!

I got my mom a Mac Mini for her birthday. Acquired it through a trade for a pair of shoes. (Pretty good deal huh?)

The problem I'm facing is this; I'd like to wipe the HD clean and get it back to the new factory settings. The computer is password protected so I can't do any updates, and the seller doesn't know the password. Also there were no restore discs included.

The current operating system on the Mac is OS X Tiger 10.4 (If possible I'd like to upgrade the OS to a newer version.)

If I purchase factory restore discs from eBay will that solve my problem? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Just everyday things, mostly music and web browsing. Tired of all the virus's on the PC. Stuff like utorrent downloads and other music should still have my mac clean correct?

heres my current set up.
16awopf.png

I want to change the icons but I can't seem to find any other way of doing so than clicking and get info command c command v.
I tried candybar but its whack!

john for that kind of stuff I'd say a mac is enough, maybe even the older ones that are pon sale right now.

ipod touch question: is converting .avi to .mp4 the only way to play movies on my ipod? converting avi to mp4 files is just way too time consuming and the files are too large.

Back
Top Bottom