The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by Numberr97

Thats what I have been running the most lately and its my primary, but is it really the best option?

Chrome is the lightest full featured browser out there. Very few bugs, and the add-on library is growing by the day

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by Numberr97

Thats what I have been running the most lately and its my primary, but is it really the best option?

Chrome is the lightest full featured browser out there. Very few bugs, and the add-on library is growing by the day

I like google chrome but the only thing that irks me is downloading. I can't just open a download but actually have to save it then open it.

anyway around that?

Joined the mac fam on wednesday. Copped a 13" MBP.

Took a couple hours to get familiar with everything but I'm quite happy with my purchase. I really hope the battery stays good since that was one of the main factors in the decision.

I know this has probably been asked multiple times in this thread but could someone explain me the icon changing?

copped a 13in macbook last night, been using windows my whole life and its all new to me but im liking it...

anyone have a problem with dark knight digital copy? i tried to put it on my itunes today i registered and put the digitial copy code and it said now transfering but it never did anything...

Hey guys.

I'm FINALLY upgrading my iMac to Snow Leopard and would like to know what's the best way to do so.

I've been researching this topic for a while now and am favoring a fresh wipe and install, rather than upgrading SL over Tiger.

I figure this will get rid of any crap I have accumulated over the years and have my Mac running in tip-top shape.

Any ideas, comments, suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated.

How do I make SURE that ALL of my Bookmarks are saved and will transfer over?

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

^If you're still in school, check your local university electronics shop.

I teach at a real small University that only offers two graduate programs, we don't have book store.

Originally Posted by LittlePeteWrigley

Hey guys.

I'm FINALLY upgrading my iMac to Snow Leopard and would like to know what's the best way to do so.

I've been researching this topic for a while now and am favoring a fresh wipe and install, rather than upgrading SL over Tiger.

I figure this will get rid of any crap I have accumulated over the years and have my Mac running in tip-top shape.

Bump ...

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Took a couple hours to get familiar with everything but I'm quite happy with my purchase. I really hope the battery stays good since that was one of the main factors in the decision.
So you only bought the Pro because of battery life?
The new(er) Macbooks have a 10-hour battery ...

LittlePeteWrigley said:
Hey guys.

i dont think youre gonna see much of a performance boost by doing a fresh install over an upgrade, If you want to ensure that all your information copies over, backup your current setup in Time Machine (if you have Leopard now)

Bump ...

Originally Posted by acidicality

I got a Mac a few weeks ago (15" pro), what keyboard protector and carry case would you guys recommend?
Not too sure about keyboard protectors but, Incase have a really good sleeves for MBP's.

Hey guys.

Bump ...
Youll gain some extra space(gb) if you Snow Leopard install over 10.5 for sure.
But i like just to start over sometimes... a fresh clean start.

you can make a carbon copy clone of your current drive to an external. So youll have a bootable drive just in case anything goes wrong. 

then turn off your comp put the Snow Leopard DVD in and boot from cd. once it boots go to the top menu , erase your hd with disk utility and then run the installer. have fun!

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by JPioneer

So you only bought the Pro because of battery life?
The new(er) Macbooks have a 10-hour battery ...
Well I also thought about the lifespan (which I like to believe is longer for the Pro) and it only cost me 50€ more than a Macbook.

Originally Posted by JustTheTip

Hey guys.

Bump ...

you can make a carbon copy clone of your current drive to an external. So youll have a bootable drive just in case anything goes wrong. 

then turn off your comp put the Snow Leopard DVD in and boot from cd. once it boots go to the top menu , erase your hd with disk utility and then run the installer. have fun!

This is what I did.

Originally Posted by quik1987

JustTheTip said:

Hey guys.

Bump ...

This is what I did.

Sounds like I'll go with a fresh install.

thegoat121886 - I'm actually upgrading from Tiger ... yeah, I know ...
embarassed.gif
indifferent.gif

If I make a clone of my current drive, does that include ALL settings (like user accounts)?

How do I back-up my Safari Bookmarks?

Back
Top Bottom