The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Just got my  macbok pro and I was wondering whats the best skin for it, because I'm trying to sticker bomb it.

so ive had my macbook 7.1 since thursday i used it out the box the rest of the night till the battery reached about 20% and charged it for a while before bed and continued to charge it when i woke...downloaded coconut battery it said my battery was 100% and health was 100% so i decided to calibrate the battery...finished charging it while off yesterday i check coconut battery again now it says my battery health is 94%

could it be wrong it says my load cycles are 3 which is correct but age of my mac is 2 months and i think the 7.1 came out in may so shouldnt it be 4 months? anything i can do to get my health back to 100 should i calibrate it again?

Okay I have a few questions.

1. My macbook is making weird noises, coming from somewhere under the keyboard, I had it for 3 years. If it is not under warranty how much am I looking at a fix for from apple genius?
2. Is there any new macbook pros coming out soon? My birthday is in 2 months and I might just got a new macbook pro, and give this one to a family member.

Originally Posted by Numberr97

Okay I have a few questions.

1. My macbook is making weird noises, coming from somewhere under the keyboard, I had it for 3 years. If it is not under warranty how much am I looking at a fix for from apple genius?
2. Is there any new macbook pros coming out soon? My birthday is in 2 months and I might just got a new macbook pro, and give this one to a family member.

1. What kind of noise?
2. November/December according to product cycles, but we didn't see the last update for 8 months so who knows. If you can afford to wait...wait.

hey goat thanks for the reply. I just found my applecare protection plan and it expires 11/20/2010 I am so happy. It was a very annoying noise, I cannot really explain it but sounded from my research like it might have been a fan problem. My macbook gets very hot a lot of the time and usually when I play a video the noise starts up.

Could someone please explain me how to change the dock icons?
smile.gif

hey goat thanks for the reply. I just found my applecare protection plan and it expires 11/20/2010 I am so happy. It was a very annoying noise, I cannot really explain it but sounded from my research like it might have been a fan problem. My macbook gets very hot a lot of the time and usually when I play a video the noise starts up.

Same thing happens to me along with other macbook owners when playing any flash related content, i.e. youtube videos. Thought it was a problem when I first heard it happen, but it's pretty much normal.

it's your fan. if you bought one of those 06-08 generation macbooks or pros it's a model design problem.  my old macbook pro did the same thing and your applecare will cover the fix.  they just replace the fan for you and if there's anything else wrong with it your applecare will cover that too.

I was looking somewhere online last week and and saw that there is a program you can download for macs that unlocks locked wifi passwords. Any one know what its called/where I can find it? 

Originally Posted by LB510

I was looking somewhere online last week and and saw that there is a program you can download for macs that unlocks locked wifi passwords. Any one know what its called/where I can find it? 

Damn i need this too...*cues Kanye- power*
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jhustle23

What is the consensus on the ipad? My mom swears that I need it for school...

The ipad is an entertainment device with a limited OS, viewing videos, music, photos, and playing games. You can take notes and type papers but its not the same as if your doing it on a regular computer. iwork to me is pure waste of time. The miss in-conception is that people think the ipad is a computer, its NOT a computer when you can only use web applications instead of CD-based software. If you need a laptop, get your mom's credit card and buy a macbook or macbook pro OSX is about that life.

Hey guys when im on Netflix instant play i cant go into full screen for some reason. The mozilla tab which i am in just turns black but i can hear whatever movie/show im playing. HELP!

Anyone have the Moshi iVisor Anti-Reflective Screen Protector for Macbook Pro? If so does it work good?

anyone have a weird time trying to upload pics from flickr on NT w/ your mbp? i just tried for the first time since i got it in june and no dice...

Back
Top Bottom