The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by nocomment6

How can I buy it off ebay? I mean doesnt it have to be customized to my mac? And will they still fix it anywhere on th globe at any apple store?

id like to know as well, is there anyway i could get ripped off?

is applecare necessary? I mean the three year version? Worth the extra 300 dollars?

I would HIGHLY recommend it. Especially with the eBay joog. You just need to register with your serial number (found in the About this Mac section).

I need to take my own advice tho
laugh.gif

ok i dont know anything about macs but im willing to send out my appletv to anyone who can "hack" it to run osx it seems fairly easy from what i read but you would need a mac...if interested pm and we can work out a price.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

anybody know how to turn your menu bar on top black??

Didn't know this was possible. Info as well if someone knows more about this please.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

How can I buy it off ebay? I mean doesnt it have to be customized to my mac? And will they still fix it anywhere on th globe at any apple store?

id like to know as well, is there anyway i could get ripped off?
Nope if you're careful. Make sure the applecare you buy is specifically for your mac.
I got applecare for my 13in MBP for $99
Most will just send you a code and instuctions on how to activate the applecare.
It's a good deal in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Prince Of Shoes HEAD

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

an alternative to AppleCare would be Squaretrade
http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/
they're cheaper, cover your out of warranty machine and cover accidental damage
Works for multiple items like phones and TVs/etc

40% off ANY SquareTrade Warranty. Maximum discount of $40 through 12/1/10

Enter CODE: SANTA
how does this work? you just send it in to them when its damage?
yeah. It's just a third party insurance company. They get rave reviews and are known for being a lot more lenient with customers when it comes to repairs and replacements. Plus the price point is a lot better than what you'd get at apple or a typical big box retailer

Originally Posted by 10littlefigures

ok i dont know anything about macs but im willing to send out my appletv to anyone who can "hack" it to run osx it seems fairly easy from what i read but you would need a mac...if interested pm and we can work out a price.
PM'd

For all you guys getting a desktop computer and a laptop...why not just get a good laptop and buy an external monitor for when you're home? what usually happens is that one computer (usually the desktop) gets the shorter end of the stick and you grow to be used to the pick up and go portability of the laptop, and you wasted money on that desktop model. External monitors are significantly cheaper and offer the same benefit of a larger screen. Then you can allocate more money to that laptop

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

anybody know how to turn your menu bar on top black??

Didn't know this was possible. Info as well if someone knows more about this please.
happy.gif

http://nocturne.en.softonic.com/mac

i did it and it turned black, but it disappears...i have to move my cursor over it to view it again...how do i fix that?

EDIT: nevermind....fixed and lookin great

I'm still using a pc. I have an ipod classic with all my music on it. I got a new imac and want to transfer my ipod and all the music over to the imac, Is it as simple as plugging the ipod in the mac or do I need to do anything first?

I can only find applecare for 13 inch mbp for 200+.Any help? BTW how can someone get it cheaper? Or how can it be cheaper on ebay?

Originally Posted by BlueberryMansions7000

I'm still using a pc. I have an ipod classic with all my music on it. I got a new imac and want to transfer my ipod and all the music over to the imac, Is it as simple as plugging the ipod in the mac or do I need to do anything first?

Use Senuti

I can only find applecare for 13 inch mbp for 200+.Any help? BTW how can someone get it cheaper? Or how can it be cheaper on ebay?
Damn that sucks bro. I checked eBay and the lowest applecare I could find was $175.
I guess they upped the prices due to fact a bunch of people are gonna be buying macs this holiday season. Supply and demand.
I got mine for $99 a while ago.
Originally Posted by Prince Of Shoes HEAD

how much does 15in mbp normally go for? all the one i looked are about $300.
I saw one for $280 on eBay. 
Like I said to the other guy they upped the price since they know a bunch of people are gonna be buying macs.
I say wait until the prices go down, I'm quite sure they will.
If you can't wait I'd try bidding on auctions.

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

I would drop $2,000 on a 15.4" inch macbook air. make it happen apple.

They will bring design and hardware like features from the Air to the Macbook Pro line in April, I wouldn't doubt it too cause thats when they usually update with better processors and software.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

Is there any other programs besides Senuti that copies songs from an itouch to your computer? Senuti only lets you copy 1000 songs from my itouch and I got more then that.
No. GO AWAY 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Get back to the stock room.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Is there any other programs besides Senuti that copies songs from an itouch to your computer? Senuti only lets you copy 1000 songs from my itouch and I got more then that.
No. GO AWAY 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Get back to the stock room.
F FL

need help guys..

soon to be first time mac owner here..(well my dad had a macintosh back in the early 90's i don't think that counts)

#1. is refurbished a safe option? i'm looking to get a 27" imac but i can't afford to pay 1700+tax. refurb seems much more affordable.

#2. also currently there are 2 options for the 27" refurb. about 1380$ after tax for a 3.06 ghz core 2 duo w/ ati radeon hd 4670 and $1570 after tax for 3.2 ghz i3 w/ ati 5670 graphics card. for someone that is mainly going to use the computer for internet and maybe in the future video editting and w/e would the core 2 duo be enough? is the better spec model worth the extra $200?

#3. i want to play ps3 on the imac...as in use the imac as a monitor for the ps3. is this possible? would either models above support it?

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

need help guys..

soon to be first time mac owner here..(well my dad had a macintosh back in the early 90's i don't think that counts)

#1. is refurbished a safe option? i'm looking to get a 27" imac but i can't afford to pay 1700+tax. refurb seems much more affordable.

#2. also currently there are 2 options for the 27" refurb. about 1380$ after tax for a 3.06 ghz core 2 duo w/ ati radeon hd 4670 and $1570 after tax for 3.2 ghz i3 w/ ati 5670 graphics card. for someone that is mainly going to use the computer for internet and maybe in the future video editting and w/e would the core 2 duo be enough? is the better spec model worth the extra $200?

#3. i want to play ps3 on the imac...as in use the imac as a monitor for the ps3. is this possible? would either models above support it?

#1 I haven't read anything bad about refurbished. It is a good way to save money. And I believe it is covered under the 1 year warranty like a new one.

#2 Someone else could answer this better, but looking at your 3rd question, the i3 with the better graphics card might be worth it in the end.

#3 The 27inch models can work as a display for game consoles.

Someone with better knowledge may be able to confirm my answers.

In the end, you will enjoy your new Mac. My 27inch is 2 weeks old on Friday
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom