The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Is there any alternative to Itunes that uses less resources? I also have a album with songs that are split up in itunes. Is there anyway to make the songs show up as one album without changing the artist names?

Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Nowhere

Is there any alternative to Itunes that uses less resources? I also have a album with songs that are split up in itunes. Is there anyway to make the songs show up as one album without changing the artist names?
Why don't you just click the album tag instead of artist?

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

here you go LMR ... i really like it a lot so far, i been talking about getting the 27 for a while now ... glad i finally pulled the trigger on it. thanks for asking. God Bless.
i'm a female btw
wink.gif

here is a quick 30 second vid i shot with my iPhone for you ...

you don't keep those lights on for long, do you? that must be super annoying.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Here's my problem, I'm pretty sure the album tab is selected

10ql0lg.jpg

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

just got my 27" imac today...it's amazing

that's whats up! you made a huge jump! glad you did, welcome to the club.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

enjoy it and have a wonderful new year. love.

thank you i'm lovin it so far 
pimp.gif
 happy holidays to you too!

10ql0lg.jpg

u write loosies too
laugh.gif

must be a smoking section reader lol

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

u write loosies too
laugh.gif

must be a smoking section reader lol
roll.gif
it's only right

hey guys, anyone have aperture? if so, what do you think of it? am i better off with photoshop, or is this a good option? sorry for all of the questions haha.
season's greetings!

Originally Posted by nyckone

hey guys, anyone have aperture? if so, what do you think of it? am i better off with photoshop, or is this a good option? sorry for all of the questions haha.
season's greetings!
Aperture and Photoshop exist for completely different reasons. Photoshop is used not just by photographers, but also by graphics artists to product any number of things that have very little to do with photography. Aperture is really ONLY targeted at photographers -- not graphics artists. This is because Photoshop is intended to (among other things) allow you to perform radical image manipulation in ways that a photographer would probably never want. E.g. if you want to take an object from one photo and put it into another photo (e.g. make it appear that two people were in the same photo together when it was taken) -- Aperture doesn't do that. 

Aperture, on the other hand, is intended to manage all of your photographic assets (Photoshop has no asset management) and has powerful workflow tools which allow you to move from photo to photo while quickly applying adjustments. Photoshop is not intended to allow you to move quickly through images while adjusting them -- in fact the only reason you'd typically have more than one image open is because you wanted to take information/content from one and put it in another. Also, Photoshop is "destructive" with it's edits (unless you specifically take precautions to save your originals). Aperture, in contrast, treats your original images as digital "negatives". Aperture will never alter the original.

Adjustments in Aperture are usually the sort applied to a whole image (e.g. contrast, highlights, shadows, exposure, saturation, etc. etc.) But it ALSO allows you to "brush on" adjustments. This allows you to localize the adjustments to a specific area.

Though Aperture doesn't easily support any radical manipulations, it does allow for minor changes. You can remove scratches, blemishes, etc. There is a "clone" tool which would allow you to edit out content -- but this mostly assumes that what you're removing is probably fairly minor.

If you take a peek at some of Apple's tutorial videos here http://www.apple.com/aperture/how-to/ you can probably get a pretty good idea for what sorts of things you can expect it to do. 

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by nyckone

season's greetings!
Aperture and Photoshop exist for completely different reasons. Photoshop is used not just by photographers, but also by graphics artists to product any number of things that have very little to do with photography. Aperture is really ONLY targeted at photographers -- not graphics artists. This is because Photoshop is intended to (among other things) allow you to perform radical image manipulation in ways that a photographer would probably never want. E.g. if you want to take an object from one photo and put it into another photo (e.g. make it appear that two people were in the same photo together when it was taken) -- Aperture doesn't do that. 

Aperture, on the other hand, is intended to manage all of your photographic assets (Photoshop has no asset management) and has powerful workflow tools which allow you to move from photo to photo while quickly applying adjustments. Photoshop is not intended to allow you to move quickly through images while adjusting them -- in fact the only reason you'd typically have more than one image open is because you wanted to take information/content from one and put it in another. Also, Photoshop is "destructive" with it's edits (unless you specifically take precautions to save your originals). Aperture, in contrast, treats your original images as digital "negatives". Aperture will never alter the original.

Adjustments in Aperture are usually the sort applied to a whole image (e.g. contrast, highlights, shadows, exposure, saturation, etc. etc.) But it ALSO allows you to "brush on" adjustments. This allows you to localize the adjustments to a specific area.

Though Aperture doesn't easily support any radical manipulations, it does allow for minor changes. You can remove scratches, blemishes, etc. There is a "clone" tool which would allow you to edit out content -- but this mostly assumes that what you're removing is probably fairly minor.

If you take a peek at some of Apple's tutorial videos here http://www.apple.com/aperture/how-to/ you can probably get a pretty good idea for what sorts of things you can expect it to do. 

thank you very much for that. very informative!

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Is there going to be a refresh on MBPs and Imacs this Spring?
Most likely before then on both, but i would expect a refresh for sure by April at the latest. The last time MBPs were up updated was April 2010. iMacs were last updated late July. Product cycles typically refresh every 6-8 months

Most likely before then on both, but i would expect a refresh for sure by April at the latest. The last time MBPs were up updated was April 2010. iMacs were last updated late July. Product cycles typically refresh every 6-8 months
so current joints will see price drop correct?

yes, minor discounts will be in place...$200-$300 is usually knocked off the retail price and clearanced out through apple. You may find them cheaper still on university campuses

anybody know of any Mac discounts going on or coming soon
what model? Look at the refurb stock on apple.com, or peep amazon/macmall

yes, minor discounts will be in place...$200-$300 is usually knocked off the retail price and clearanced out through apple. You may find them cheaper still on university campuses

what do you mean in regards to university campuses? like actual universities selling off inventory?

what do you mean in regards to university campuses? like actual universities selling off inventory?

yeah. They get them for cheaper so they usually sell them for cheaper as well. I've seen sub-$1000 13" MBPs for example

Back
Top Bottom