The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Joe Billionaire wrote:
they took it off ff4 ^

They only disabled it by default. Here's how to enable it.

If you have a multitouch trackpad, you may be used to zooming in and out of web pages in your browser. Unfortunately, Firefox 4 disables them by default. Here's how to get them back.

To get back pinch in and out gestures for zooming, just type 
Code:
about:config
 in your address bar, promise Firefox you'll be careful, then type 
Code:
pinch
 in the search bar that comes up. Change the following values to match:

Code:
browser.gesture.pinch.in         cmd_fullZoomReducebrowser.gesture.pinch.in.shift   cmd_fullZoomResetbrowser.gesture.pinch.out        cmd_fullZoomEnlargebrowser.gesture.pinch.out.shift  cmd_fullZoomReset

After that, you should see regular pinch-to-zoom functionality comem back to Firefox. I have only been able to test this on a MacBook; so if you other laptop users get it working on your multitouch-capable touchpad, let us know in the comments.

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Joe Billionaire wrote:
they took it off ff4 ^

They only disabled it by default. Here's how to enable it.

If you have a multitouch trackpad, you may be used to zooming in and out of web pages in your browser. Unfortunately, Firefox 4 disables them by default. Here's how to get them back.

To get back pinch in and out gestures for zooming, just type 
Code:
about:config
 in your address bar, promise Firefox you'll be careful, then type 
Code:
pinch
 in the search bar that comes up. Change the following values to match:

Code:
browser.gesture.pinch.in         cmd_fullZoomReducebrowser.gesture.pinch.in.shift   cmd_fullZoomResetbrowser.gesture.pinch.out        cmd_fullZoomEnlargebrowser.gesture.pinch.out.shift  cmd_fullZoomReset

After that, you should see regular pinch-to-zoom functionality comem back to Firefox. I have only been able to test this on a MacBook; so if you other laptop users get it working on your multitouch-capable touchpad, let us know in the comments.

thankyouuuu

indifferent.gif
 what are some good widgets/icons? I want some marvel icons.
farmsm.png

I'm about to buy a 13in. MacBook Pro today and I just had 2 questions.

Does it come with a program like Microsoft Word? I'm planning on buying the Microsoft Office for Mac anyways but just wanted to know.

And I know Mac's don't get viruses but do you guys still download antivirus programs and spyware stuff?

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

I'm about to buy a 13in. MacBook Pro today and I just had 2 questions.

Does it come with a program like Microsoft Word? I'm planning on buying the Microsoft Office for Mac anyways but just wanted to know.

And I know Mac's don't get viruses but do you guys still download antivirus programs and spyware stuff?

Nope, you have to buy iwork or microsoft office.
I don't have any protection. But it wouldn't hurt to add more protection if you feel you really need it.

i just use text edit the program that comes with it

and na no protection besides needing a password for wake and installing programs

Just got my first Macbook pro yesterday the 13 i7 and i love it so far i also got the 3yr warranty from square trade for 270

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

is there anyway to take the screen flash off when using photo booth?
if you hold down shift while you take the pic there will be no flash.
Or, you can invert the image (ctrl+Option+Command+
glasses.gif
so that it flashes black

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

glasses.gif
so that it flashes black
on the second option whats the face? lol

glasses.gif
so that it flashes black

glasses.gif
so that it flashes black
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif
 ooops.  Control + Option + Command + 8

NT, help needed.

So a while ago, I tried to open up Word (2008 Home and Student Edition) and I got this message, instead:

The name that has been erased out is that of my roommate, who recently purchased a mbpro (about 3 months ago). I installed my copy of Office on his comp. as a favor. I was under the impression that I was allowed to install my copy of office on three computers until I got this message.

He's using my product I.D and the product key that I am presently using (there are two other product keys which have never been used). Is this why I am running into this problem? If I were to use the second or third product key, would I be able to bypass this issue? Essentially, am I having this problem because we're both using the same product key (1 of the 3 available)?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

NT, help needed.

So a while ago, I tried to open up Word (2008 Home and Student Edition) and I got this message, instead:

The name that has been erased out is that of my roommate, who recently purchased a mbpro (about 3 months ago). I installed my copy of Office on his comp. as a favor. I was under the impression that I was allowed to install my copy of office on three computers until I got this message.

He's using my product I.D and the product key that I am presently using (there are two other product keys which have never been used). Is this why I am running into this problem? If I were to use the second or third product key, would I be able to bypass this issue? Essentially, am I having this problem because we're both using the same product key (1 of the 3 available)?

Uninstall it completely, but turn off your wifi on your computer, then install. It won't verify it at all once you have not internet connection and even after you finish installing it.

whats going on everyone. so i downloaded final cut pro through utorrent and it worked perfectly until i did an itunes upgrade which caused a whole system upgrade. now when i try to open it up it asks for a serial number. i have a couple i've searched on youtube for new ones but none of them work. if anyone can help please help! thanks in advance and i appreciate it!

^ you should buy the real program.

None of the serials will work. Uninstall the program then install it back. Then when you do software update make sure you dont update final cut, ever.

Originally Posted by DJMano34

^ you should buy the real program.

None of the serials will work. Uninstall the program then install it back. Then when you do software update make sure you dont update final cut, ever.
thanks. can you please tell me how to totally uninstall final cut pro?
sorry, i'm still fairly new to the macbook. 

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

NT, help needed.

i use to run into this problem. you should try running it without a lan connection or wifi for that matter. once you have open word, you can reconnect to the internet.

Ok so I want to get a 15 in mbp but I'm not sure what model to get I'll pretty much will be using it for the basic stuff (surfing, school, dling music) I've always been told to get the lap top with the most RAM and memory what do you fellas recommend?

Back
Top Bottom