The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Purchase? none of that.
laugh.gif

What kind of Speakers/Monitors would anyone suggest, because the speakers built into Macbook Pro's are wack.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Purchase? none of that.
laugh.gif

What kind of Speakers/Monitors would anyone suggest, because the speakers built into Macbook Pro's are wack.
laugh.gif

what kind of speakers are you looking for? Portable? 2.1? 5.1?

I'm thinking about making the switch to mac.. I have 1 sitting here but its the basic joint (2.1ghz 1gb ram 120gb hd).. I'm on the fence about sellingit or keeping it.. Anyone wanna convince me
nerd.gif

I can't figure out how in the hell to get gimp to work. It keeps telling me I need x11 and when I do the update that doesn't work. I've tried tofind out on other websites what I need to do and nothing is working. Anybody can help? I've got the first macbook that came out btw.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Purchase? none of that.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

what kind of speakers are you looking for? Portable? 2.1? 5.1?
Portable I guess....I'm not looking for Entertainment Center type speakers
laugh.gif
my HDTV and my Stereo System has all that.

Henz - I see J.O. has been convincing you?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
dude talks about this Macbook like it's new life.

recently upgraded with some crucial RAM for my 2.4 iMac. that what they recommended at the mac store if I didn't want to be price gouged from the mac ram.much quicker now
and got a 1TB LaCie FireWire800 external to back up all my vuze downloaded movies. pretty quick for the most part.
and been loving iStat keeping an eye on how my system is being utilized. I am relatively new to macs (6 months) and am pleased that there are so many free appsfor mac
this may be posted already but there are some good ones here http://usingmac.com/2008/11/12/100-free-applications

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I can't figure out how in the hell to get gimp to work. It keeps telling me I need x11 and when I do the update that doesn't work. I've tried to find out on other websites what I need to do and nothing is working. Anybody can help? I've got the first macbook that came out btw.
i hate gimp...but that's probably because im used to using PS, controls are much different..

get at me if you want PS instead...other than that, dont know what to tell you

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Yo i'm gettin bored with my macbook.. i got nothing custom on it. help a brother out

laugh.gif
@ your avy.... get some icons and wallpaper from deviantart.com andget candybar to switch to the new icons... also, check back a couple pages i posted where to find some new docks.
pimp.gif

Purchase? none of that.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I'm actually looking into getting speakers soon and I've been researching, you should look into either of the following:

M-AudioAV40

Swans M10

Both get pretty good reviews and neither are too expensive. I've narrowed my search down to those two sets. I'm just not sure whether I want a sub ornot (Swans M10).

before i buy a itouch is it worth it?
grin.gif
and do you guys think theywill release one with a camera in the future?

folks who hit me up.... i sent you the LEGAL TRIAL link directly from apple.... dont worry

I got to get the latest version of Photoshop, Illustrator and Senuti on here.

For anyone looking for a mini DVI to VGA adapter, hit me up. I bought it a while ago and never used it because I upgraded to a MBP. Its brand new.

Is Creative Suite 4 Design Premium for $599 worth it? Is it a major upgrade from CS3 overall?

^^ I mainly just want to store my music and work for school. I don't need anything to big but not that small either.

StaXX wrote:
^^ I mainly just want to store my music and work for school. I don't need anything to big but not that small either.

You should look into some WD external hard drive, like the 'Passport', decent price, portable, and pretty good reviews.

Back
Top Bottom