The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Is there no way at all to set the macbook to NOT go to sleep when I close the lid? It's not really that much of a problem, but I connect to my work VPN and when I close my lid, the macbook goes to sleep and disconnects me from the VPN and I have to connect back to it after opening the lid... Very annoying....

i use a program called insomniax that sounds like it would fit your needs. link

Upgraded to Lion and now my MBP won't recognize my external HD. Worked perfect with Snow Leopard. It's giving me an error reading "OSX can not repair the disk My Passport". It says I can still open or copy files on the disk but can't save any changes to the files. Not sure what to do.

Fellas,
I just made the jump from a PC to a Macbook.  My Iphone was previously synced with my PC.  Are there any problems with syncing it now with the Macbook?  I want to avoid having to restore everything to the phone.  I have backed up all of my music, apps, etc.

Help is appreciated.

Originally Posted by SneakerLaw

Fellas,
I just made the jump from a PC to a Macbook.  My Iphone was previously synced with my PC.  Are there any problems with syncing it now with the Macbook?  I want to avoid having to restore everything to the phone.  I have backed up all of my music, apps, etc.

Help is appreciated.
plug up your phoe, right click it in the left pane and choose backup. then restore your phone and use that backup as your restore backup and you'll be good to go. Music and apps you'll have to do manually, but your data will be restored and perfectly syncable

Has anyone had any problems restarting their macbook pro? I'm having that problem right now, I'm trying to upgrade software but my laptop won't restart. Whenever I click restart I get a message that says "the application finder failed to quit" but I don't know how to quit finder to allow me to restart. Can anyone help me with this?

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

My Pro's battery capacity has dropped from 101% to 99% battery capacity after 13 load cycles. Is this normal?

Yes. It fluctuates all the time. 

So I just bought the 15" MBP on Friday. Any suggestions on how to spend this $100 in the Mac App store?

I just got onto Niketalk and a messaged popped up "the page at mackeeperapp.zeobit.com says please consider cleaning your mac from junk"
is this malware or something?

I just got onto Niketalk and a messaged popped up "the page at mackeeperapp.zeobit.com says please consider cleaning your mac from junk"

yep

I have a 24" iMac and a 15" Macbook Pro now
pimp.gif
im still a newbie though, I'm going to start hitting up this thread to customize the macbook

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

yep
I read its a legal way of advertising, and the one time I saw it was on niketalk. They must pay niketalk to advertise on here or something
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

yep
I read its a legal way of advertising, and the one time I saw it was on niketalk. They must pay niketalk to advertise on here or something
30t6p3b.gif
I don't think NT has any real choice on what get advertised on the site. I think it's just whatever the ad generator pushes out gets display on here and since Mac Keeper is product it gets pushed, even though it does way more harm than good from what I've read.

alright so i just had a weird experience with my charger for my 2011 15' MBP... the square part in the middle of the wire got super hot almost smelled like it was going to start melting than it just stopped charging my MBP.. now i can't charge my MBP... is this a familiar problem?

and where are you guys getting this 8GB ram kit?

Originally Posted by BoredONE1

Just upgraded to 8GB RAM in my Mid 2009 Macbook Pro. With Lion this thing runs so smooth.

You get in on that deal with the rebate frRAmazon? I'm pumped mines supposed to arrive today then I will load Lion.

Also for the rest of you. My battery cap is at %94 and it's not even a year old and the battery dies so quickly. Is this under warranty and if so how do I go about getting it changed just go in an say !$% is this?

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

alright so i just had a weird experience with my charger for my 2011 15' MBP... the square part in the middle of the wire got super hot almost smelled like it was going to start melting than it just stopped charging my MBP.. now i can't charge my MBP... is this a familiar problem?

Yah, i've actuallly have seen chargers burn out if you keep them plugged in for an extended period of time.
It might already be fried, but my advice is simply to unplug the charger from both your MBP and the wall whenever possible....keeping your charger pluged into the MB for too long can be damaging to the cpu also

Originally Posted by natelav129

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

Yah, i've actuallly have seen chargers burn out if you keep them plugged in for an extended period of time.
It might already be fried, but my advice is simply to unplug the charger from both your MBP and the wall whenever possible....keeping your charger pluged into the MB for too long can be damaging to the cpu also
yea but the only time i ever charge my MBP is when it dies completely i never leave it plugged in all day... i run on battery more often than i do on the charger...

Back
Top Bottom