The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I feel like a new man.

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

Originally Posted by bilbo07

i cant set up my email to go to my mail icon any help?

so you are trying to change your mail icon?? first remove it from the dock....... then change the icon.... then add it to the dock... let me know if that works..... if not... i will make a video for you

No, Im talking about actually setting up my email to the icon.

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

i cant set up my email to go to my mail icon any help?

so you are trying to change your mail icon?? first remove it from the dock....... then change the icon.... then add it to the dock... let me know if that works..... if not... i will make a video for you

No, Im talking about actually setting up my email to the icon.
It depends what service you use. But off the top of my head i know that gmail, mobile me, and hotmail accts will work. Just click on the app andfollow the instructions to sync it up. Yahoo mail won't work unless you pay for the forwarding service ($20/yr).

I bought a new unibody MBP a couple days ago.
pimp.gif
I've always usedPC's, but my old VAIO had been giving me problems so I figured it was a good time to make the switch. I'm very satisfied with it so far. It's abeautiful machine, and everything is smooth and simple. This thread is appreciated, tons of helpful info in here.

I finally got Leopard installed
nerd.gif
and I'm loving it. InstallingiLife '09 tonight.

Now I just need to upgrade to 4gb RAM.

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

UPDIZZLE:

That stupid clicking noise was "SMS", the Mac nerds over at Mac Rumors gave me the inside info. Anyway I disabled SMS and to my surprise my laptop hasn't made any odd noises, FTW. DaDoc, thank you once again for directing me to that site.

My Macbook Pro is doing the same thing. What did you do to disable the SMS.

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

UPDIZZLE:

That stupid clicking noise was "SMS", the Mac nerds over at Mac Rumors gave me the inside info. Anyway I disabled SMS and to my surprise my laptop hasn't made any odd noises, FTW. DaDoc, thank you once again for directing me to that site.

My Macbook Pro is doing the same thing. What did you do to disable the SMS.
Here's what I found on the apple website...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1934?viewlocale=en_UShttp://support.apple.com/kb/HT1934?viewlocale=en_US

To disable the Sudden Motion Sensor:

Find the current status of Sudden Motion Sensor:
  1. From the Finder's Go menu, choose Utilities.
  2. In the Utilities folder, open Terminal.
  3. When the command line appears, type sudo pmset -g and press Return.
  4. Type in the administrator password when prompted and hit Return. This command queries the computer for the current setting of the Sudden Motion Sensor, which you can determine by locating the ams entry (in Mac OS X 10.3) or the sms entry (in Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5) and looking to the right to determine its value. The default setting is "1" (turned on).
Disabling the Sudden Motion Sensor in Mac OS X 10.3:
  1. In Terminal, which should still be open from the previous instructions, you can disable the Sudden Motion Sensor by typing sudo pmset -a ams 0 and pressing Return (changing the setting to a zero disables the module).
  2. Type your administrator password when you are prompted and press Return.
  3. Type the sudo pmset -g command again to be sure that the setting has been applied.
Disabling the Sudden Motion Sensor in Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5:
  1. In Terminal, which should still be open from the previous step, you can disable the Sudden Motion Sensor by typing sudo pmset -a sms 0 and pressing Return (changing the setting to a zero disables the module).
  3. Type the sudo pmset -g command again to be sure that the setting has been applied.
Any changes that you make to the Sudden Motion Sensor setting remain in effect even after you restart the computer. If you choose to disable the Sudden Motion Sensor, Apple recommends that you re-enable it as soon as possible in order to take full advantage of the feature.

To re-enable the Sudden Motion Sensor:

Find the current status of Sudden Motion Sensor:
  1. From the Finder's Go menu, choose Utilities.
  2. In the Utilities folder, open Terminal.
  3. When the command line appears, type sudo pmset -g and press Return. Type your administrator password when you are prompted and press Return. If you have the Sudden Motion Sensor turned off, the value of the ams entry (in Mac OS X 10.3) or sms entry (in Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5) will be a zero (0).
Re-enabling the Sudden Motion Sensor in Mac OS X 10.3:
  1. If the above command returns a zero, you can re-enable the Sudden Motion Sensor by typing sudo pmset -a ams 1 and pressing Return.
  3. Type the pmset -g command again to be sure that the setting has been applied.
Re-enabling the Sudden Motion Sensor in Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5:
  1. If the above command returns a zero, you can re-enable the Sudden Motion Sensor by typing sudo pmset -a sms 1 and pressing Return.
  3. Type the pmset -g command again to be sure that the setting has been applied.

Finally got my iMac... looking fresh and clean and all that good %**%.

Got a question though... $!* is iLife? and do I have it already?

and also someone had a notepad looking app on their screen that had a "TO DO LIST" heading... where do I get that? That'll be better than writing%**% down.

Appreicate all the help. Doc I PMed you bruh

mac already have stickie pads. just look in your applications folder. also, if you recently got your imac, you should have ilife09 installed

i want to re-install my operating system, how do I back up everything (Internet Favorites, Itunes, and etc) to my external harddrive.

if you have leopard, just use time machine to back up. hook up your External HDD to your comp through firewire 400/800 or USB 2.0. open up time machine and setit up

Still no Imac.
frown.gif

Dudes are extra greedy when it comes to gift cards on craigslist. They want more then what they go for on ebay.
ohwell.gif

what's good.

i just bought a previous macbook pro through my school. i've had the laptop for over 2 months and my battery health is down to 96% according to iStats Pro.i've calibrated it the moment i opened it.

was wondering if my battery is defective.

btw, i've got 16, going on 17 cycles.

any suggestions or comments? peace.

i PMed some of you.....if i missed any of you regulars i apologize.... get at me on PM

Originally Posted by j0rDan23dunker

what's good.

i just bought a previous macbook pro through my school. i've had the laptop for over 2 months and my battery health is down to 96% according to iStats Pro. i've calibrated it the moment i opened it.

eek.gif
wow i just checked and I have 100% battery health after 538 cycles.

anyone have anti-virus software installed on their mac? if so, what is the name.

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

Originally Posted by j0rDan23dunker

what's good.

i just bought a previous macbook pro through my school. i've had the laptop for over 2 months and my battery health is down to 96% according to iStats Pro. i've calibrated it the moment i opened it.

eek.gif
wow i just checked and I have 100% battery health after 538 cycles.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom