The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by MnMballa2323

whats the best way to clean the screen on my macbook?

i use iKlear from the apple store. works like a charm. Monster screen cleaner works good too. you can get it at best buy. both are around $20 i believe

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

Originally Posted by j0rDan23dunker

what's good.

i just bought a previous macbook pro through my school. i've had the laptop for over 2 months and my battery health is down to 96% according to iStats Pro. i've calibrated it the moment i opened it.

was wondering if my battery is defective.

btw, i've got 16, going on 17 cycles.

any suggestions or comments? peace.

eek.gif
wow i just checked and I have 100% battery health after 538 cycles.
^^^^judging by your response, i most likely have a defective battery, huh?

Man, I didn't realize that the new iMacs didn't come with any word processing programs like Office 09 or iWorks 09 lol... I guess I totally overlookedit assuming it'll have it.

BUT I Hit up the DaDoc and he solved all my problems though.. thanks mang.

I have one of the defective batteries from the first series of macbooks and never got it fixed. SMH at always having my joint plugged. I need to buy a newbattery FOR REAL.

what's good.

i just bought a previous macbook pro through my school. i've had the laptop for over 2 months and my battery health is down to 96% according to iStats Pro. i've calibrated it the moment i opened it.

eek.gif

2s6sisl.png

here's mine.. by the looks of it, it must be defective

Originally Posted by CWrite78

no, it's exactly the same. apple just decided to charge for the number change
indifferent.gif

Are you kidding me?

iMovie is so much better than the previous version. They combined the best of iMovie HD and iMovie '08.

GarageBand has a new layout that is much more user-friendly. The new look is great! There aren't really any new features though, other than lessons,which SUCKS because you have to PAY for artist lessons, something Apple failed to mention during the keynote.

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

no, it's exactly the same. apple just decided to charge for the number change
indifferent.gif

Are you kidding me?

iMovie is so much better than the previous version. They combined the best of iMovie HD and iMovie '08.

GarageBand has a new layout that is much more user-friendly. The new look is great! There aren't really any new features though, other than lessons, which SUCKS because you have to PAY for artist lessons, something Apple failed to mention during the keynote.

sarcasm. it'd be stupid for a company to put out a product and call it new if it was still the same, no? i was just being an %%$ to him because it was astupid question

Anyone tried out the artist lessons in GarageBand yet?

I'm thinking of getting iLife '09 for this.

Hey anyone knows of a free keystroke logger for my imac. i need to spy on my girlfriend i think she may be foul.

what's good.

eek.gif

2s6sisl.png

here's mine.. by the looks of it, it must be defective

His is NOT defective, I have a Unibody MacBook pro opened 3 days ago and i'm at 2 cycles and maxes at 95%. It goes up and down since there's no 100% toestimate how much battery is left.

what's good.

eek.gif

I got 96% after 256 cycles. I guess that's pretty good.

Originally Posted by shake n bake718

what's good.

eek.gif

I got 96% after 256 cycles. I guess that's pretty good.
^^^that's pretty good.

thanks for the responses everyone. i know it's inevitable that batteries will lose it's charge through wear and tear and through time, but i mightconsider buying a spare battery. but at the same time, $130 for a new battery. i might have to give it some thought like i gave when i bought my MBP.

also, is coconut battery better than iStats, as far as battery level measurement?

I'm just curious if anyone uses stickywindows? it seemspretty useful but not worth $20. any thoughts? sorry if this has already been discussed in here..

Saw these in another thread... what do these programs do.. I saw they were recommended.

Go to the mac thread, I would start with
*Burn
*Handbrake
*Thunderbird
*Firefox - (Better than Safari?)
*Candybar
*Peer Guardian

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Saw these in another thread... what do these programs do.. I saw they were recommended.

*Burn
*Handbrake
*Thunderbird
*Candybar
*Peer Guardian

Burn: Burns any type of file onto a DVD or CD.

Handbrake: Lets you rip your DVDs onto your computer.

Thunderbird: Mail client.

Firefox: Web browser like Internet Explorer but better imo.

Candybar: Let's you customize your icons, docks, etc.

PeerGuardian: Blocks out incoming and outgoing connections. I use Little Snitch instead cause i think its less of a hassle and you can just block anything witha few clicks.

YO! Serious question. I am looking to get a new Mac...
I am currently using a Powerbook G4 that I have had since 05.

I saw a refurb MacAir for $999 what do you think and another for $1099

what is the major difference between 1.6 GHz and 1.8GHz

does anyone in this thread (besides you Gerard,lol)

use the airport express for the wireless streaming of music through a receiver and speakers?

if so, how was the set up and how do you like it?

thinking of getting this set up in my living room.

I already have the airport extreme base station and i love that, no problems. i figured this would be a cool addition for my music.

thanks for any info and feedback.

iStat says my Battery is at 99% health at 840 cycles.
I tend to only charge battery when it says its running on reserves.
And for times when its going to be on forever(i.e. downloading a movie) I charge to 50% then take battery out and leave it plugged in.

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

*Burn
*Handbrake
*Thunderbird
*Candybar
*Peer Guardian

PeerGuardian: Blocks out incoming and outgoing connections. I use Little Snitch instead cause i think its less of a hassle and you can just block anything with a few clicks.

no need for thunderbird when you already have mail. safari is a lot better than firefox on macs. another alternative to handbrake is mactheripper

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

*Burn
*Handbrake
*Thunderbird
*Candybar
*Peer Guardian

PeerGuardian: Blocks out incoming and outgoing connections. I use Little Snitch instead cause i think its less of a hassle and you can just block anything with a few clicks.

no need for thunderbird when you already have mail. safari is a lot better than firefox on macs. another alternative to handbrake is mactheripper
Mactheripper rips into Video TS files that you can't burn unless you have Toast...save the hassle and use Handbrake instead

And that was my list
laugh.gif

i know, but if he just wants to view on his computer mactheripper is fine. i use handbrake anyway. handbrake + netflix account = $$$ saved

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

does anyone in this thread (besides you Gerard,lol)

use the airport express for the wireless streaming of music through a receiver and speakers?

if so, how was the set up and how do you like it?

thinking of getting this set up in my living room.

I already have the airport extreme base station and i love that, no problems. i figured this would be a cool addition for my music.

thanks for any info and feedback.
I use it, it's reeeally easy. You just plug the cable into airport and then into your receiver and voila! There's an option in iTunes toeither play music thru your computer or thru your airport express also.

Back
Top Bottom