The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

^ Goodlook I have a Ross and a Marshalls both in walking distance of my house, I'll check them out a little later.

I need a new computer for work but I'm not too keen on spending a ton of money on a new iMac. I found this on Craigslist for $640 - iMac 27" 2010 model 3.06 ghz 1 TB 27 inch. Any good?

^ Nick info on ebay sniper :nerd: ? On the market for a MBA.
:lol: I think you misunderstood my post. I just meant that the bid I placed with a few seconds left was outbid by someone else who bid with less seconds less. I don't think they have those snipers anymore.

I have an older MBP (late 2008). Anyone with older models have issues with their DVD-CD drive not working anymore? I want to get this fixed but worried about the costs.

I'll put in a CD or DVD and it just comes right back out. |I

Last edited:
Y'all know any forums that have good marketplaces ( for sale ) with MacBooks? Since the new MacBook retina dropped, I'm trying to scoop the last MacBook off someone who upgraded -

I have an older MBP (late 2008). Anyone with older models have issues with their DVD-CD drive not working anymore? I want to get this fixed but worried about the costs.

I'll put in a CD or DVD and it just comes right back out. |I

take that L, they gonna have to replace that .. and for the price you should just a new MBP

Can I replace a mid-2011 MBA battery by myself? Not really trying to dish out the $130 ... Found a battery for it on eBay for ~$60.

Looking to replace my 160 GB HDD from the 09' MBP model.

What kind of HDD should I look for? Is there a max amount of space?
Any good prices Black Friday?

Ditto this question. im also looking to upgrade my RAM from 1gb to 8gb. (yes 1 lol, ive taken my sweet time upgrading.)

Ditto this question. im also looking to upgrade my RAM from 1gb to 8gb. (yes 1 lol, ive taken my sweet time upgrading.)

Takes 4 minute to upgrade RAM, actually takes more time taking out the screws. It's not a serious process at all and I cringe everytime I see someone in the Apple Store paying $100 for a basic thing like this

Im not worried about the install, ive been lookong at videos, thanks for that though. I just want to know if there are any good deals for RAM or a specific brand(s) I should only be lookig at. Thanks.

Definitely go with a SSD. That was the best upgrade I could have done on my laptop.

Mac bros I need your help. I got an external drive today, plugged it in to use time machine, walked away from my computer and it went to the log in screen. I looked at my back up and it only backed up 70 gigs when I have 200 gigs of stuff to back up. How do I continue back from the 70 gigs? I tried to back it up again but it starts at 0 and I don't have the patience to see if it goes to 70 then beyond after that. Should I reformat the drive and start from the beginning?

When i click on the time machine icon it says "Waiting to complete first backup"

Last edited:
Mac bros I need your help. I got an external drive today, plugged it in to use time machine, walked away from my computer and it went to the log in screen. I looked at my back up and it only backed up 70 gigs when I have 200 gigs of stuff to back up. How do I continue back from the 70 gigs? I tried to back it up again but it starts at 0 and I don't have the patience to see if it goes to 70 then beyond after that. Should I reformat the drive and start from the beginning?

When i click on the time machine icon it says "Waiting to complete first backup"

I would reformat and then try again boss

I would reformat and then try again boss

Yea that's what I did and it worked like a charm.

What browser do you guys use? I've been using Chrome since forever, but decided to a test run with Safari...Which do you prefer? Kind of torn now since I realized it's a memory hog.

Oh yeah, for those that use Safari, any one having issues where a problem occurred while browsing NT and it refreshes automatically?

Back
Top Bottom