The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Thats so crazy. My old model I could see the indentation so I just figured this was the same way. Thats how it feels the same regardless of where you click

Mind blowing

Yeah there are some type of motors if I'm not mistaken underneath the trackpad that give the sensation of an actual click and variate in intensity depending on how deep you press.

I've been damn near scared to use my MBP. I know witch craft when I see it

Last edited:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Man I need a retina MBA to drop. 512 GB 13 inch retina air would be clutch in space grey.

Looking at some SSD, wanna make this upgrade sooner rather than later. I currently have a Mid-2012 MBP, is there somewhere I can see which SSD's would be compatible/fit my computer, and possibly some recommendation on brands.

sick.gif

http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/13/9512503/apple-imac-update-27-inch-5k-price-release-date-specs

Apple is updating the 27-inch iMac today with better specs and a better display. To start, Apple is making every model of the 27-inch iMac ship with a 5K display, which means you can now get that higher resolution for $1,799, rather than the previous starting price of $1,999. That 5K display is also getting a lot nicer, with Apple saying that it can display up to 25 percent more colors.

To improve color reproduction, Apple is switching to a new display technology. The new display is made up of what it calls "red-green phosphor LEDs," which are designed to, as you can guess, improve reproduction of reds and greens. Typical LEDs have done a much better job with blues, and these new LEDs are meant to even out how well reds, greens, and blues can be represented. This new display tech is also coming to a 4K version of the 21.5-inch iMac, which is being introduced today.

apple-imac-0148.0.jpg

The additional colors are going to be particularly helpful for photo and video editors, since they may be working with cameras that can capture more information than the average computer screen is capable of displaying. That means you might not notice the improved color reproduction right away, but it's immediately obvious that the display looks fantastic. Otherwise, the external appearance of the iMac isn't changing — it's the same impressively slim machine with a metal chin and black bezels around its huge display.

All other changes are on the inside. The iMac is now jumping up to Intel's new Skylake processors, with configurations starting at 3.2GHz quad-core i5 and going up to a 4.0GHz quad-core i7. Graphics are handled by an AMD Radeon R9 series processor, starting with the M380 and 2GB of RAM and running up to the M296X with 4GB of RAM. The system's own RAM starts at 8GB of 1867MHz DDR3 memory — up from 1600MHz DDR3 memory — and can be configured to include up to 32GB total. The system now also includes a Thunderbolt 2 port.

The 27-inch iMac will also start to be offered with new versions of Apple's keyboard, mouse, and trackpad. They're now all rechargeable over Lightning, so you won't have to dig up a pair of AA batteries every month to keep them running. The keyboard and mouse come with the machines by default, but you can pay more to get the trackpad. You might want to — more and more it seems like OS X is built around trackpads and the gestures they enable; the mouse still only handles a few of the basics.

The new 27-inch iMac models are all shipping today.
nthat.gif

Just when I said that I was going to take a dive and grab one of those new Surface Pro laptops this winter, they announce this.....

Impressive. Kind of makes me want a new iMac now...Even though my '09 is running perfectly fine.

I just did a quick build on one....
27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display

• 4.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.2GHz
  • 16GB 1867MHz DDR3 SDRAM - two 8GB
  • 1TB Fusion Drive
  • AMD Radeon R9 M390 with 2GB video memory
  • Magic Trackpad 2
  • Magic Keyboard (English) & User's Guide
  • Accessory Kit
  •  

Came out to $2,549 
nthat.gif

So after two days my MBP has been shutting down randomly. I would open google maps on firefox and all of the sudden it shuts down. It's weird and I haven't found anything from searching. Maybe it's mozilla? It's up to date.

any new macbooks/ iMacs out soon? might buy in the very near future and wondering if i should wait

Reps to be had if anyone can tell me how to fix this :smh: been happening for a while now.

I only notice it when I'm on NT.

Last edited:
What is everyone's thoughts on El Capitan? 

I just had to wipe my HD clean and re-install Yosemite...Debating if I should go ahead and update to the latest OS.

They just updated El Capitan and it's a lot better than it was. Compatibility is probably the biggest issue with it right now.

If you depend on a certain program for income or school, check to see if it's working well with el capitan before you update.

I updated while in the middle of 3 video projects and my main editing program was damn near useless until the update. Things still aren't perfect, but I can work now.

And just in case, make a backup of your yosemite set up just in case you want to revert.

Back
Top Bottom