The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

VMware allows you to set how much of your memory it can use. I currently have it set to 2GB, so you can see why I get some lag
laugh.gif
. The actual things that I use in VMware aren't memory intensive (AS/400 emulation/Telnet), it's just that it has so little RAM to work with.

Like you said, $700 is a great price. I'm leaning towards grabbing it just because of that. If I don't like it, I'm sure I can sell it and make my money back and then some.
ahh I see
laugh.gif
. Yea im not too familiar with vmware. A lot of people use it at my university but I dont personally use it.

Man im lovin el cap. cant wait to split screen ms word and chrome. just need to wait until ms incorporates it with el cap.

man i want a retina mbp so badly but my mid 2012 is just :x  :pimp:  500 gb ssd + 8 gb ram. this thing is a soldier

same here, looking to upgrade to a SSD sooner rather than later. Want to get as much out of this as I can

man split screen is clutch, watching Netflix/Youtube while on Chrome/NT :smoking only thing is the words are super small on Chrome for NT in the split screen

same here, looking to upgrade to a SSD sooner rather than later. Want to get as much out of this as I can

Do it right away bro, I waited so long but I finally did it a couple months ago and it was the best decision I could've made. My 09 Macbook Pro runs like a damn champ ever since i got the SSD.

Got the new MacBook yesterday. This thing is TINY :lol:, much smaller than my MBA which I thought was small as hell. I'm liking it so far though. The Space Grey is :pimp:. Retina screen is great but you do notice the loss of real estate with 1 less inch. Excel spreadsheets aren't impacted too much though so that's a plus. I've seen alot of people knocking the keyboard but It's fine to me. I like the "clickyness" of it. Trackpad is pretty cool too. Haven't installed VMware so I'm not sure how much of a a performance upgrade it is yet.

Last edited:
In the market for a MBP. Would it b wise to cop now or will Apple come with somthin new or upgraded next year?

How soon do you need a new computer? What size of MBP are you looking for? I just got a new 2015 Macbook Pro 15 inch a month ago. I had an early 2009 Macbook Pro 17 inch so a 13 inch display was a little small for my tastes. Apple updated the 13 inch model in March but waited until May to update the 15 inch model. If you want a 13 inch model, I would wait but if you want a 15 inch model, I would get it now.

In the market for a MBP. Would it b wise to cop now or will Apple come with somthin new or upgraded next year?

How soon do you need a new computer? What size of MBP are you looking for? I just got a new 2015 Macbook Pro 15 inch a month ago. I had an early 2009 Macbook Pro 17 inch so a 13 inch display was a little small for my tastes. Apple updated the 13 inch model in March but waited until May to update the 15 inch model. If you want a 13 inch model, I would wait but if you want a 15 inch model, I would get it now.
Yea I am lookin at the 15in. Thanks for the info. I didn't wana invest that $2k and they announce somthin better within a year.

Last edited:
Do it right away bro, I waited so long but I finally did it a couple months ago and it was the best decision I could've made. My 09 Macbook Pro runs like a damn champ ever since i got the SSD.

I probably will, just looking for a good price on a larger capacity SSD

Yea I am lookin at the 15in. Thanks for the info. I didn't wana invest that $2k and they announce somthin better within a year.

bro .. they always gonna announce something new just buy what you like :lol:

Anyone still posting up desktops?

Haven't taken a desktop screen in ages, I had to since its finally cleaned up

Screen%2BShot%2B2015-10-08%2Bat%2B12.28.09%2BAM.png

Installed El Capitan. Not too sure whats changed...

Yosemite with bettersnaptool was pretty much the perfect OS imo.

Last edited:
Hey what computer chair are you guys using? The chair I'm using for my iMac makes me not want to use my iMac.

My boss has a knockoff version of an Aeron. Not sure where from, but it's still comfy as hell :lol:.

They've been out long enough where there's similar stuff at way better price points. Although I'll say that if you can get someone else to spring for it, go for the real deal.

Back
Top Bottom