The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Dam that sucks, sorry to hear that. I don't think windows can read mac files?

Yea man thanks. But I just want to access some Word documents so I assume it should be good unless the whole back up file is encrypted towards Mac only. If it does t work I guess I'll have to wait to get a new Mac and that won't be anytime soon. I guess I'll find out tomorrow on my school computer.

Dam that sucks, sorry to hear that. I don't think windows can read mac files?

Yea man thanks. But I just want to access some Word documents so I assume it should be good unless the whole back up file is encrypted towards Mac only. If it does t work I guess I'll have to wait to get a new Mac and that won't be anytime soon. I guess I'll find out tomorrow on my school computer.
Google a software called macdrive.
It allows you to access Mac formatted drives. The software is free for the trial version so you should be able to get what you need within the trial period.

Last edited:
Google a software called macdrive.
It allows you to access Mac formatted drives. The software is free for the trial version so you should be able to get what you need within the trial period.

Much appreciated! I went to campus and plugged in my HD to a PC and nothing happened but we have macs and when I did that I was able to access my files. All is good for now. Thanks !

One thing i love about America is insurance. My car window was broken into and they stole my backpack with my laptop. i had the 2014 or late 2013 MBP retina 512 GB ...insurance sending me check in mail today but the deductible taken out made a huge difference lol ....Best Buy is having a sale on the 128 and 256 models except the 512 GB...not trying to pay full price so if you find any official retailer that i can price match at best buy please let me know...trying to buy from Best buy for points

One thing i love about America is insurance. My car window was broken into and they stole my backpack with my laptop. i had the 2014 or late 2013 MBP retina 512 GB ...insurance sending me check in mail today but the deductible taken out made a huge difference lol ....Best Buy is having a sale on the 128 and 256 models except the 512 GB...not trying to pay full price so if you find any official retailer that i can price match at best buy please let me know...trying to buy from Best buy for points

I`d honestly just buy a refurb straight from Apple, regardless of BB points.

Not sure if they do or not, but you could see if they price match against MacMall perhaps?
[table][tr][td]Apple 
NEW! 13" MacBook Pro (with Retina display)
[/td][/tr][tr][td]First Available In Early 2015
2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i5[/td][/tr][tr][td]8GB LPDDR3 memory | 512GB flash storage[/td][/tr][tr][td]Intel Iris Graphics 6100[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Up to 10 hours of battery life
Weight: 3.48 lbs | Thickness: 0.71 inch
Two Thunderbolt 2 Ports
Force Touch trackpad[/td][/tr][tr][td]Usually ships same business day[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]List Price:[/td][td]  $1,799.00[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]You Save:[/td][td]  $200.00(11%)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Final Price:[/td][td]   $1,599.00[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Apple 
2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i5[/td][/tr][tr][td]16GB LPDDR3 memory | 512GB flash storage[/td][/tr][tr][td]Intel Iris Graphics 6100[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Up to 10 hours of battery life
Weight: 3.46 lbs | Thickness: 0.71 inch
Two Thunderbolt 2 Ports
Force Touch trackpad[/td][/tr][tr][td]Usually ships same business day[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]List Price:[/td][td]  $1,999.00[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]You Save:[/td][td]  $59.01(3%)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Final Price:[/td][td]    $1,939.99[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][table][tr][td]Apple 
3.1GHz dual-core Intel Core i7[/td][/tr][tr][td]16GB LPDDR3 memory | 512GB flash storage[/td][/tr][tr][td]Intel Iris Graphics 6100[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Up to 10 hours of battery life
Weight: 4.46 lbs | Thickness: 0.71 inch
Two Thunderbolt 2 Ports
Force Touch trackpad[/td][/tr][tr][td]Usually ships same business day[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]Final Price:[/td][td]    $2,194.00[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
Just checked Best Buy and brand new, Mac Mall is cheaper. BestBuy has the same models listed here Open-Box for basically the same price to save you the hassel of trying to get a price match. 

Not sure if they do or not, but you could see if they price match against MacMall perhaps?

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Apple 

NEW! 13" MacBook Pro (with Retina display
)

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]First Available In Early 2015

2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]8GB LPDDR3 memory | 512GB flash storage
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Intel Iris Graphics 6100
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Up to 10 hours of battery life

Weight: 3.48 lbs | Thickness: 0.71 inch

Two Thunderbolt 2 Ports

Force Touch trackpad
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Usually ships same business day
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]List Price:[/TD]
[TD] $1,799.00
[/TR][/TABLE]
[/TD]
[TABLE][TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]You Save:[/TD]
[TD] $200.00(11%)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[td]Final Price:[/td]

[td]  $1,599.00[/td]

[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Apple 

NEW! 13" MacBook Pro (with Retina display
)

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]

2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]16GB LPDDR3 memory | 512GB flash storage
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]

Weight: 3.46 lbs | Thickness: 0.71 inch

Two Thunderbolt 2 Ports

Force Touch trackpad
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]List Price:[/TD]
[TD] $1,999.00
[/TR][/TABLE]
[/TD]
[TABLE][TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]You Save:[/TD]
[TD] $59.01(3%)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[td]Final Price:[/td]

[td]  $1,939.99[/td]

[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Apple 

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]

3.1GHz dual-core Intel Core i7
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]16GB LPDDR3 memory | 512GB flash storage
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]

Weight: 4.46 lbs | Thickness: 0.71 inch

Two Thunderbolt 2 Ports

Force Touch trackpad
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Final Price:[/TR][/TABLE]
[/TD]
[TABLE][TR]
[TD]  $2,194.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]​
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Just checked Best Buy and brand new, Mac Mall is cheaper. BestBuy has the same models listed here Open-Box for basically the same price to save you the hassel of trying to get a price match. 

ahh thanks a lot! definitely helps

yea I bought a 15 inch 16gb i7 Retina MBP that was from the last refresh for like 400 under retail this past Feb (needed more ram from the 8gb 13gb one I had)

that was about to be my next question...ive never bought any tech device second hand...always had a protection plan to get a new one...i am very anal about physical appearance of my laptop, iphone etc...like OCD lol but how does refrub products look? sorry to sound stupid

Refurb products from Apple look brand new. Highly recommended if you wanna go that route. Buy some apple care protection for extra peace of mind.

My best friend came up on a crazy deal and now he is throwing one my way as well....

He found a guy that is trading an 27" iMac (model right before Retina), 32gb RAM, 1TB fusion drive, core i7

He is doing a straight up trade for my friend's iPad Pro w/LTE 256gb HDD model 

With that deal, he will no longer need his 15" MBP w/ Retina, 16gb RAM, 512 SSD, and core i7

Told me I can get it for like $600 if I want it.
nthat.gif

I am still on the 2011 MBP with upgraded RAM to 16gb, dual HDDs (500gb reg and 250gb SSD), core i5

Figure I can get it from him and then either sell mine to cover some of the cost, or just trade it with him and let him deal with selling it since he is all about CL deals anyways.

My best friend came up on a crazy deal and now he is throwing one my way as well....

He found a guy that is trading an 27" iMac (model right before Retina), 32gb RAM, 1TB fusion drive, core i7

He is doing a straight up trade for my friend's iPad Pro w/LTE 256gb HDD model 

With that deal, he will no longer need his 15" MBP w/ Retina, 16gb RAM, 512 SSD, and core i7

Told me I can get it for like $600 if I want it.
nthat.gif

I am still on the 2011 MBP with upgraded RAM to 16gb, dual HDDs (500gb reg and 250gb SSD), core i5

Figure I can get it from him and then either sell mine to cover some of the cost, or just trade it with him and let him deal with selling it since he is all about CL deals anyways.
You can pass me that MBP for $200 to keep the cycle going 
nerd.gif

But I would get your friends MBP IMO but me I'll personally pass since I'm not a fan of the 15' models

Last edited:

nerd.gif

But I would get your friends MBP IMO but me I'll personally pass since I'm not a fan of the 15' models
Yea it is a crazy deal, probably the lowest price point chance I will have to move to a retina model with these specs. Especially if I just sell mine for $3-400 and grab it for $2-300, I can't beat that kind of a deal.

I am curious about the 15" screen though. I have the 13" model and have the same size laptop at work. I haven't used a larger laptop since I was in college. I going over his house Sunday, so we shall see what I come home with 
laugh.gif
. He told me he already restored his contents to the iMac and wiped the MBP and put everything in the box for me to leave with it haha  
iMacs don't come with SSD option? Only Fusion Drive and HDD?
I am thinking the new ones do, but since this is a non-retina one, I don't think they had it then. It is still the slim profile one, it is just the non-retina screen on it.

does anybody know a app that can cut music? i have a song that 5:00 long but I only want the verse & hook. (i know itunes kind of does this but I want to actually cut the song down)

nerd.gif

Yea it is a crazy deal, probably the lowest price point chance I will have to move to a retina model with these specs. Especially if I just sell mine for $3-400 and grab it for $2-300, I can't beat that kind of a deal.

I am curious about the 15" screen though. I have the 13" model and have the same size laptop at work. I haven't used a larger laptop since I was in college. I going over his house Sunday, so we shall see what I come home with 
laugh.gif
. He told me he already restored his contents to the iMac and wiped the MBP and put everything in the box for me to leave with it haha  
I am thinking the new ones do, but since this is a non-retina one, I don't think they had it then. It is still the slim profile one, it is just the non-retina screen on it.
Plus you are in VA dude you might as well gift me that Mac.

But let me know what you do with it before I make a decision on what I will do with mines

You can pass me that MBP for $200 to keep the cycle going :nerd:  

I am curious about the 15" screen though. I have the 13" model and have the same size laptop at work. I haven't used a larger laptop since I was in college. I going over his house Sunday, so we shall see what I come home with :lol: . He told me he already restored his contents to the iMac and wiped the MBP and put everything in the box for me to leave with it haha  

But let me know what you do with it before I make a decision on what I will do with mines
And then u can pass me urs????? :nerd:

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

And then u can pass me urs?????
nerd.gif
Lol true that

does anybody know a app that can cut music? i have a song that 5:00 long but I only want the verse & hook. (i know itunes kind of does this but I want to actually cut the song down)
I've used Audacity to do that in the past.

So I made a copy of osx Yosemite when I replaced my hard drive. Is there a way to delete that copy from my computer since I have it on a usb?

nvm just figured it out.

Last edited:

HankHill HankHill Following from this, I'm torn between the regular HDD or Fusion on a new 27" iMac. Is the Fusion a Must?

Also, is anyone aware of a current good deal for a 27" iMac? What's my best option? I'm pen to refurb from a reputable company.

Back
Top Bottom