The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

soooo OWC has finally dropped an SSD for the current retina MBP....but that $650 for 1TB price tag is a bit hefty. I have a 512 but looking to get 1TB...i was hoping they were going to announce a new line of MacBooks during the Apple event yesterday but that didn't happen so i am pushing for summer that I pray they drop an all black 15 in MBP
I know people waiting on a black macbook pro for years. May want to cop a skin or that space grey lol.

I know people waiting on a black macbook pro for years. May want to cop a skin or that space grey lol.

Lol yea I saw that but I was just gonna get it done by Colorware but it cost a grand. Don't mind spending the grand but rather do it on the 15 in since I'm looking to get that soon

soooo OWC has finally dropped an SSD for the current retina MBP....but that $650 for 1TB price tag is a bit hefty. I have a 512 but looking to get 1TB...i was hoping they were going to announce a new line of MacBooks during the Apple event yesterday but that didn't happen so i am pushing for summer that I pray they drop an all black 15 in MBP

Rumor is that stockpiles of current macbooks are dwindling meaning that Apple could be doing that on purpose as they are preparing for a refresh at some point in Q2. Could be in June during their WWDC where they will announce iOS 10.0 and the new Mac OS 10.12 which is confirmed to be in development already as it's seen by websites in their web traffic statistics.

Last edited:

Lol yea I saw that but I was just gonna get it done by Colorware but it cost a grand. Don't mind spending the grand but rather do it on the 15 in since I'm looking to get that soon
I'd spray paint that **** before I spent a stack on a laptop paintjob :lol:.

I'd spray paint that **** before I spent a stack on a laptop paintjob
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm still on Yosemite 10.10.5 since I've heard mixed reviews about El Capitan. Going to stick with Yosemite until they get all the bugs figured out.
+1 thanks man.  I'll probably run with what I have now.  Not sure what I have lol. 

Last edited:
I'm still on Yosemite 10.10.5 since I've heard mixed reviews about El Capitan. Going to stick with Yosemite until they get all the bugs figured out.

+1 thanks man.  I'll probably run with what I have now.  Not sure what I have lol. 

Looks like you're on El Capitan if that's what you were referring to lol....I'd actually edit that screenshot and lose the serial # though.

I just noticed a bright white spot on my 3 month old Macbook pro, only visible on white backgrounds 
alien.gif
. Does anyone have any experience with dealing with apple regarding screen replacement issues? I got it new 3 months ago, and upgraded the ram to 16 gigs, and put an ssd in there. Will they claim my warranty is void due to these things, even though the screen is completely independent from ram and storage? I really don't want to deal with this right now, but Im worried it will eventually spread if I do not get it fixed now. 

^ Isn't there a way to enable TRIM on an SSD for OSX? I remember doing it.

Then again it has been a while.

Thought I'd bring this topic back up as I have been looking into this and am on the fence about doing so. Apparently Apple has enabled TRIM to be turned on for 3rd party SSD's through terminal, but I have read some mixed reviews/opinions about doing so. Thoughts?

Is there a place where I can sell my old ram?

I got two original 1gb sticks sitting around and i dont think anyone is gonna pay any serious coin for it. Now i found out my late 2008 macbook is capable of going up to 8gb even though the apple website says 4gb is the max

Soooo my MBP was stolen from in my car. I backed everything up to external drive via Time Machine. If I were to plug it into a PC desktop at school, will I be able to access my files without having to restore everything onto the computer?

Soooo my MBP was stolen from in my car. I backed everything up to external drive via Time Machine. If I were to plug it into a PC desktop at school, will I be able to access my files without having to restore everything onto the computer?

Dam that sucks, sorry to hear that. I don't think windows can read mac files?

Back
Top Bottom