The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Reading some positive results from people running older MBPs, I want to do a clean install though, so I'll wait it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Downloading MacOS now. Hopefully It doesn't take too long.

This 2012 has been going pretty strong with the updates, I hope this one is super smooth like the rest

Hey Apple, how about some new Hardware?...

Last edited:
I really was happy with Snow Leopard. I feel like all the recent OSX upgrades haven't been really beneficial for all users.

I'm not saying there was anything wrong with it.

I more meant that most of the upgrades are behind the scenes and I'm not gonna see a complete visual overhaul

There's some tweaks, like siri of course and apple pay. Also a new file system. Apple seems to be more concern with iOS integration with these updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of places reporting new MBP's in October!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.hngn...ws-october-launch-confirmed.htm?client=safari

I've been running Sierra since Sunday and so far so good. Feels a lot more responsive than Yosemite, and I didn't bother with el Capitan

laugh.gif
 All I'm saying is this was said around the same time last year and nothing happened.

I really hope this MBP update has better specs than the upcoming Dell XPS 13...If not...Not sure if I want to justify paying that price.

Probably wishful thinking, but I hope they stop soldering the RAM. They lost me as a customer once they did that.

Probably wishful thinking, but I hope they stop soldering the RAM. They lost me as a customer once they did that.
I wonder why Apple and other manufacturers started doing that?

I noticed that the Dell XPS 13 is the same thing...

I'd prefer to have the option to upgrade RAM when I need to, rather than pay for a maxed out MBP when I don't need all that power at the moment.

I wonder why Apple and other manufacturers started doing that?

I noticed that the Dell XPS 13 is the same thing...

I'd prefer to have the option to upgrade RAM when I need to, rather than pay for a maxed out MBP when I don't need all that power at the moment.

Didn't know the XPS model did that. ******* terrible. Another model scratched off the list.

Didn't know the XPS model did that. ******* terrible. Another model scratched off the list.
From what I read, yeah it's soldered as well. I've been keeping my eye on both models.

Okay, just confirmed that Dell also solders their RAM. I guess to have less moveable parts? But still, doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, I really wonder how beneficial the LED screen on the keyboard would be. Would it drain up more battery? Is it just a visual selling point? I have a feeling I'll end up purchasing a MBP simply because I've been using the OSX for over ten years. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom