The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Dell xps 13 or MacBook? I'm in the market do get a new computer and I'm torn between the xps 13 and the new MacBooks.
Spec wise, I'd go with the newest 9360 model of the Dell XPS 13. The only issue I'm having with being sold on purchasing one, is the recurring issue of the whizzing coil sound, iffy trackpad, battery life, and Windows OS.

People on Reddit have had mixed results with using their newly purchased 9360...So I plan on waiting to see if the MBP refresh is worth the money. 

Any one have their macbook pro set up to a monitor using a mini port adapter? And would a 250GB SSD be better than a 500 gb hard drive?

Any one have their macbook pro set up to a monitor using a mini port adapter? And would a 250GB SSD be better than a 500 gb hard drive?

SSD would absolutely be better. Are you using it as the boot disk? If not a faster 500gb would suffice. But honestly, with prices dropping on SSDs, I dont see why you wouldnt go that route.

SSD would absolutely be better. Are you using it as the boot disk? If not a faster 500gb would suffice. But honestly, with prices dropping on SSDs, I dont see why you wouldnt go that route.
I'm tryna bring my mid 09 back to speed. I got a 500 hdd in there now. But I've been going through this thread and reading online that ssd is the way to go. Is 250gb ssd be better than the regular 500 gb hdd i have in there now?

I'm tryna bring my mid 09 back to speed. I got a 500 hdd in there now. But I've been going through this thread and reading online that ssd is the way to go. Is 250gb ssd be better than the regular 500 gb hdd i have in there now?

In that case absolutely yes. Just buy a case for that 500gb and use it as an external.

price? Brand? And did you just type in the year of your macbook?
I copped this from Amazon and installed it myself, everything was smooth, and battery life so far so good:

Amazon product ASIN B01CL74988
Btw, thanks for the help NT famb, I copped a 525gb SSD along with 2x 4 gb ram (8gb total) and my **** is FLYINGGGGGGGGG 
smokin.gif

Feels so fast like a brand new MacBook. 

how come some people replace the cd drive with the ssd in their macbook pro? im asking because i replaced my hd with an ssd but left the cd rom in my macbook pro...like whats the difference?

It's a good buy. I saw some other ones that were more expensive, but I don't see the point TBH.

Did you just recently purchase your 2009?
I copped it last year. but trying to upgrade it. Still got to get a new battery, and figure out about the ssd. I already updated the memory

how come some people replace the cd drive with the ssd in their macbook pro? im asking because i replaced my hd with an ssd but left the cd rom in my macbook pro...like whats the difference?

Extra storage basically, cd drives have almost become obsolete so people sacrifice that assuming they never use it for the extra storage.

I think new macbooks are dropping next month

So if you're holding a 2010 macbook

And thinking about upgrading it i would just save money for a new one

One like these?

If so you can definitely do it yourself. I had to move that stuff around when I added a SSD in the DVD bay in my old old 2011 MBP. Just go to one of the Apple parts websites and get the right parts and do it. That is...if these are the speaker(s) in reference :lol:

Thanks I actually looked into it and opened it up and the connector on the board broke off. So I'm sure the speaker is good.

Extra storage basically, cd drives have almost become obsolete so people sacrifice that assuming they never use it for the extra storage.
Yeah a couple pages back someone posted all the components you need to replace the cd drive with an ssd/hdd ...gonna do it next month 

Back
Top Bottom