The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

My internal speaker blew out on my 15mbp (2012)

Anyone know what it cost for a repair?

No idea tbh. Do you have a 3rd party mac service shop near you? I would suggest checking them before going right to apple.

They'll tell you that soldering the RAM allows them to make the laptops thinner, but in reality it's just so you can't upgrade without buying a new laptop. All about the $$$.

Yeah, I figured that is the only reason why they would solder RAM. Terrible.

I'll never buy another Dell. I don't give a damn what they put under the hood. They don't even have a competent customer service department.

I'll never buy another Dell. I don't give a damn what they put under the hood. They don't even have a competent customer service department.
See this is what I'm afraid of. I just read the Dell Reddit with someone who has the newest XPS 13 and it seems some of the issues the previous models had still remain. 
mean.gif

Do you have Apple Care?
It would've expired already.

My MBP is also also from 2012. It had an issue a couple months after Apple Care was up :smh:

It's on its last leg. Now it has a heating issue.

Has Apple stated the new gen of MacBooks yet?

My MBP is also also from 2012. It had an issue a couple months after Apple Care was up
mean.gif

No, everyone is waiting for a refresh on the MacBook Pros. The assumption is that the MacBooks and possibly the MacBook Airs would get a silent refresh.

My internal speaker blew out on my 15mbp (2012)

Anyone know what it cost for a repair?
One like these?

If so you can definitely do it yourself. I had to move that stuff around when I added a SSD in the DVD bay in my old old 2011 MBP. Just go to one of the Apple parts websites and get the right parts and do it. That is...if these are the speaker(s) in reference 
laugh.gif

I keep forgetting that MacOS has dropped. I need to remember to download that tonight and install it over the weekend. 

When you tryna finish one of them flicks on your iPhone to the mac.

Whenever I get my hands on this 7 plus. Damn things are impossible to find. Started the Sierra download last night, it had like 14 hours left but will it download if it's not on the charger? If not :smh:

Is the magic mouse and keyboard all that its cracked up to be? Or are there better options out there?

I love the new keyboard.

Only mouse I use is the Logi MX Master though. Wouldn't even touch a magic mouse

NT famb I need ya help

I have a mid 2010 MacBook pro 13" (I know broke boy life) it needs a new battery BAD!

But I wanna do the hard drive upgrade from my 256 HD to a 500+ gb SSD
And I wanna upgrade the RAM to 8 or 16gb from the 4gb that it has already

My question is, will making these upgrades to my MBP 13 make a huge difference?

I just need something faster and smoother.

NT famb I need ya help

I have a mid 2010 MacBook pro 13" (I know broke boy life) it needs a new battery BAD!

from what everyone else has been saying about these SSD's it should make it feel faster.

NT famb I need ya help

was in the same boat as you a month ago 

I got a samsung 250gb SSD and  8gb cosair Ram and its day and night difference from before.

If you go back a couple pages someone posted how to copy your OEM HDD to your new SSD without losing anything.

I also bought a SLODA battery off amazon, it lasts about 4 hours with a full charge which isnt to bad for a $40 battery. 

NT famb I need ya help

Ram will help with running multiple applications. SSD will help with opening applications and reading/writing data.

NT famb I need ya help

Depends on what you do with your laptop.

Of course you'll be able to handle more applications at once and you'll have more memory to run your applications. Also you'll have faster read/write speeds.

Overall your laptop will definitely become quicker.

But you'll have the same processor. So don't expect it to perform like a 2016 MBP.

I say go for it. You'll see new life breathed into your MacBook.

My MBP is also also from 2012. It had an issue a couple months after Apple Care was up :smh:

No, everyone is waiting for a refresh on the MacBook Pros. The assumption is that the MacBooks and possibly the MacBook Airs would get a silent refresh.

I dont think the airs will get a refresh. I think the Ipad pro will replace the air.

Is the magic mouse and keyboard all that its cracked up to be? Or are there better options out there?
I've had a Magic Mouse 2 since last November and have only charged it about 3 times :lol:. I use it 40+ hours/week. The finger gestures are very useful and it looks cool.

Granted, I haven't tried any other mouses, but I'd recommend it.

Last edited:
NT famb I need ya help

Yep it would definitely help... i have 2011 pro 15 so its about the same age as your mac... i switched out the battery which was less than a 100 and when i first got the computer i switched out the ram from 4 gigs to 16... it definitely help with running multiple applications at the same time without it freezing or lagging... and the ssd makes everything run smoother and i would definitely recommend since you have an older computer... it makes opening applications quick and turning on or off the computer quicker too... those 3 upgrades should help a lot so definitely invest in that instead of just buying a new computer

Anyone have the Macbooks? Worth it or not?

Saw the price...and figured to spend the extra money on a MBP.

Dell xps 13 or MacBook? I'm in the market do get a new computer and I'm torn between the xps 13 and the new MacBooks.

Back
Top Bottom