The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

:rofl:

And I'm almost sure their HD and RAM aren't user upgradeable

Last edited by a moderator:
i am considering the surface book pro and the HP lines ... Apple is a no, no and no after this ... 

do they really think i'm going to get that touch screen and get that LG monitor on top and pay top dollar ... Tim cook has to go 

Just get the haswell models

Speed and battery life wise they are not substantially different from skylake

and you get your usb ports....

Non upgradable hard drive and ram? Nahh I'm cool off that, especially at that price tag. I wonder how much the 500gb 15 inch will cost.

Was thinking about a new MBP, but I'll pass at those absurd prices. Apple has always had a premium price, but they are straight WILDIN' now. Juice ain't worth the squeeze with these joints. Looks like I'll be going the refurb route for an older MBP.

Was hoping for some iMac news, too. Worst apple event ever. :lol:

Holding on too my old pro. Would be wayyy cheaper to upgrade the RAM and SSD...again. The price on the base level MBP is insane.

Keeping my 2011..and they didn't even offer any new colors. :smh:

Last edited:
steve jobs rolling in his grave. 256 gb and 16gb for base model computer in 2017, you will have to buy a new model in 2017. $4300 for a fully loaded mac. :x

The touch bar is actually pretty dope. Love how it can be used in different ways for different apps/programs. I wasn't expecting it to be that functional.

Still not worth that markup though. :lol:

even if the touch bar was cool ... by the time i take my hand off the track pad ... i would bet i could do a lot of the same things ... 

Apple ... your price is way too high, you got to cut it 

Older model 15" is still available to purchase on the site.

$2599 for base 15" MBP with 512GB SSD upgrade. That's only about $100-$200 more from last configuration with the matching spec tier.

Most displays require an adapter anyway.

They need a USB-c to HDMI cable. Not adapter, but a straight up cable

My "old" mbpr has hdmi, displayport and thunderbolt.

Dont need no dam usb-c and most of dont. A port or 2 is nice to have but usb-c is the only dam thing you will get with these new macs.

I am good.

You can plug HDMI directly into the side of your MBP?

****, I haven't upgraded since 2012, I didn't know that was possible. Thats definitely an L then

Last edited:
You can plug HDMI directly into the side of your MBP?

****, I haven't upgraded since 2012, I didn't know that was possible. Thats definitely an L then

The first 2 generations of the macbook retina has hdmi built in. The old thunderbolt ports also acts as a mini displayport.

They also removed the SD card slot. Those who do video and photography will need to use a thunderbolt SD card reader

Back
Top Bottom