The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Honestly, if you really need a new MBP, I would say pull the trigger. We all know they last a very long time so you're technically gonna be getting your moneys worth :lol:

True.
My 2009 did last a while, its been unusable for 2 years now tho :lol:

But still.
Im in need of a car, phone, and new macbook.
So trying to budget is tough with the price hike.

Da struggle is real bros

Get your money up b

Jk love you

Honestly, if you really need a new MBP, I would say pull the trigger. We all know they last a very long time so you're technically gonna be getting your moneys worth :lol:

True.
My 2009 did last a while, its been unusable for 2 years now tho :lol:

But still.
Im in need of a car, phone, and new macbook.
So trying to budget is tough with the price hike.

Da struggle is real bros

Get your money up b

Jk love you

So Im in need of a new computer. I got a new macbook in 2013 and the track pad went and it constantly overheated and got loud as hell. I gave that macbook to my niece and got a refurbished Lenovo Thinkpad.  I was gonna cop a Dell Xps 13 but I decided to wait until this new macbook update. Im disappointed in this release and will prob give my money to Dell.

I just realized that there is an entry level mbp 13 inch with no touch For a cheaper price. I may consider it. I'll wait for the reviews.

I think I may just hold onto my 2012 mbp and look into some of those 5k iMacs.

$2300 for the base 13' touch bar mbp here. 
mean.gif

I am legit in shock at the price hike.

400 DOLLAR INCREASE FOR A BASE MODEL?

Im a 2009 mbp owner so ive waited a MINUTE for an upgrade. Ive been wanting this new updated one all year, but i thought it would stick at the 1999 mark.
My god that 400 dollar difference is HUGE for me because I also need to get a new phone.

Ugh. :smh:

It hurts. I've been holding off getting a new MBP the past few years for this moment and they pull this crap.

Yeah I was thinking about upgrading my MBP from like 2008 or something... forget that I'm riding it out until the end :lol:

I loved my MBP though, but they are wildin with these prices man.

Yeah my current MBP is from 2008, I'm in dire need of an upgrade. Just way too many issues for the work I do.

Non upgradable hard drive and ram? Nahh I'm cool off that

Sorry, but does this mean you can't customize/manually switch out for more RAM, HD, SSD?

this was a massive failure after all of these years of waiting ... some companies will come up with some cool options for the bar ... but it's not worth it at this price ever .... if the processor were kaby lake, then that would be a different story ... 

and then who wants 256GB anyway i.e. who wants an entry level .... add tax and your wallet is toast 

:smh: :smh: I'm pissed.

I'm not paying apple all those funds for R&D + Profit  margins for the Street ... ***** 

anyone got a surface book pro, hp spectre or dell xps ? 

let me know because apple ain't getting nothing from me 

Last edited:
It hurts. I've been holding off getting a new MBP the past few years for this moment and they pull this crap.
Yeah my current MBP is from 2008, I'm in dire need of an upgrade. Just way too many issues for the work I do.
Sorry, but does this mean you can't customize/manually switch out for more RAM, HD, SSD?
:smh: :smh: I'm pissed.

I'm not paying apple all those funds for R&D + Profit  margins for the Street ... ***** 

anyone got a surface book pro, hp spectre or dell xps ? 

let me know because apple ain't getting nothing from me 

I'm in the same boat. My friends love the Surface Pro.

The price hike and no SD slot and all, no thanks.

Just need to do something because my 2012 MBP is not going to be alive for much longer.

I'm in the same boat. My friends love the Surface Pro.

The price hike and no SD slot and all, no thanks.

Just need to do something because my 2012 MBP is not going to be alive for much longer.
I got the mid 2011 pro and i upgraded the ram and put in an ssd and it's still sluggish. It was one of the models that had the issue with the logic board frying the gpu ... i think this is it with apple ... 

i will see if MSFT will give me anything for a trade in ... other than that, i will likely also research the dell xps 15 ... i like the look of the spectre but that processor is weak (only way they could design something that thin) 

Just caught up on everything...Bruh....

Might be a minute before I get the new 15inch macbook pro 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Uggh they put that crappy macbook keyboard on the pro now too :smh: the pro's keyboard was perfection you dont mess with that.

The new keyboard is considered 2nd gen, with more travel. I enjoy the keyboard on the 12" MacBook, but the main gripe was the lack of travel. I'm looking forward to trying it out and ultimately making the decision if I want to sell my current machine and upgrade.

What about it?
3000 plus with the extra stuff I wanna add to it is a bit pricey for me right now 
laugh.gif
 it was always gonna be pricey but I wasn't expecting pushing 3000. Still I like the updated macbook pro hopefully i can get one soon

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom