The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

So I am debating between 

Late 2013 MBP Retina 13in 2.6GHz i5 512GB SSD 16GB RAM with Final Cut Pro X no apple care for $940

vs

Mid 2014 MBP Retina 13in 3.0 GHz i7 512 GB SSD 16GB RAM no apple care for $1200

I am looking to use the MBP for atleast the next 5 years. Should I buy the fully maxed out MBP for a couple hundred more or just go with the 2013 ?

Only downfall about the 2014 is that it doesn't have final cut on it, and I need it right now its $300 if I purchase it so $1500 total.

Last edited:
So I am debating between 

Late 2013 MBP Retina 13in 2.6GHz i5 512GB SSD 16GB RAM with Final Cut Pro X no apple care for $940

vs

Mid 2014 MBP Retina 13in 3.0 GHz i7 512 GB SSD 16GB RAM no apple care for $1200

I am looking to use the MBP for atleast the next 5 years. Should I buy the fully maxed out MBP for a couple hundred more or just go with the 2013 ?

Only downfall about the 2014 is that it doesn't have final cut on it, and I need it right now its $300 if I purchase it so $1500 total.

Late 2013 is the first gen retina right? I remember reading those had issues around the time it came out (which ever model was the first gen).

Just copped da 13" MBP with touch bar 
pimp.gif

Typing this post on it right now 
laugh.gif

Welp my early '14 mba just died. 2&half yrs old :smh:.

Genius tech tried everything and problem of course the infamous logic board. Asked $475 for it. I didnt get applcare back then because it was going to be strictly for home use and thought it would last at least 5 years before i would upgrade the designated home notebook.

It's really hard to stomach that $475 knowing the new warranty will only cover 90 days and whats to prevent that new logic board from failing again. :x

Last edited:

This **** is trash.

Of course an "apple insider" would love it though..

Last edited:
Welp my early '14 mba just died. 2&half yrs old :smh:.

Genius tech tried everything and problem of course the infamous logic board. Asked $475 for it. I didnt get applcare back then because it was going to be strictly for home use and thought it would last at least 5 years before i would upgrade the designated home notebook.

It's really hard to stomach that $475 knowing the new warranty will only cover 90 days and whats to prevent that new logic board from failing again. :x

:smh: :smh:

What's everyone using to transport their laptops :nerd:

Is a neoprene sleeve still the move? (Was it ever the move? :nerd: :lol:) I used to throw my old comp in a neoprene sleeve and then just toss that in a backpack, carry on, etc.

What's everyone using to transport their laptops :nerd:

Is a neoprene sleeve still the move? (Was it ever the move? :nerd: :lol:) I used to throw my old comp in a neoprene sleeve and then just toss that in a backpack, carry on, etc.

hardgraft.com

Pricey, but made from quality materials with fairly non-trendy designs, meaning you'll be using whatever you buy for a long *** time.

Worth the extra $$, IMO.

I'm a samsung fan personally, but they're kinda steep. LG has some really good monitors around that price

Amazon product ASIN B01B9IDLAW
30 inch Ultrawide for $229

Or you could go 25inch got $160 and save some cash

Amazon product ASIN B00V8FAWC2
Thanks that 29 inch looks amazing but 160 for a 25 inch is a not bad at all!

Samsung is pricey I see. I wonder if it would be any deals on bf for Samsung monitors

Back
Top Bottom