The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

hardgraft.com

Pricey, but made from quality materials with fairly non-trendy designs, meaning you'll be using whatever you buy for a long *** time.

Worth the extra $$, IMO.
Man. the quality on these are nice...But that price...lol

Y u do dis 2 me apple?!
Theres a USB-C to lightning cable to connect an iPhone to the MBP.

Idk, why you'd want to listen to music from your phone when you have your laptop with audio out jack. Yes, there is a chance of only having the earpods w. lightning connector...But someone should have an extra pair with the original connector. (no big deal)

Photos, SanDisk has a USB-C adapter. Plenty of other photographers have used CF Readers in the past to upload their photos. So I don't see a big deal.

And you could always just get a usb-c cable to connect to your external HDs as well. I'm currently using the digital av adapter to connect my external HD. But it's not a big issue.

Folks who are crying and complaining about dongles, I get what they're saying. But it isn't that big of an issue that they're trying to make it out to be.

Is the iPad Air 2 worth copping this weekend during the Black Friday sales? I don't really need the pro since I have a MacBook Pro already. I'll mostly be using it for browsing and researching.

Last edited:
Is the iPad Air 2 worth copping this weekend during the Black Friday sales? I don't really need the pro since I have a MacBook Pro already. I'll mostly be using it for browsing and researching.

Unlike actual computers, I would hop on the latest iPad as possible for the lowest price.

iOS and its apps move at a faster rate than Mac OS and the iPad air 2 probably has 2-3 more years left in it before the OS either turns it into a brick or just isn't compatible with it anymore.

And most people like to keep iPads for longer periods of time, so it might be worth getting depending on how low you can find it, but just know that it might also be sluggish if you plan to update it regularly

Unlike actual computers, I would hop on the latest iPad as possible for the lowest price.

iOS and its apps move at a faster rate than Mac OS and the iPad air 2 probably has 2-3 more years left in it before the OS either turns it into a brick or just isn't compatible with it anymore.

And most people like to keep iPads for longer periods of time, so it might be worth getting depending on how low you can find it, but just know that it might also be sluggish if you plan to update it regularly

Good looks prime. I'm going to check this weekend to see who has the best deal.

New pickup for me and my girl!!!

Congrats brotha!! Are they both touchbar models? I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on a 13 inch with the touchbar but I want to hold out for a few months to see if it comes down in price anywhere. My 09 MBP Pro is on its last legs. Thing has served me real well though, upgrading it with a SSD and more RAM a couple years ago really gave it new life.

Congrats brotha!! Are they both touchbar models? I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on a 13 inch with the touchbar but I want to hold out for a few months to see if it comes down in price anywhere. My 09 MBP Pro is on its last legs. Thing has served me real well though, upgrading it with a SSD and more RAM a couple years ago really gave it new life.

Yea TouchBar for both...They need to integrate the touchbar with Firefox...Aint nobody got time for no safari

Picked up the 32GB iPad Pro from target. Definitely glad I went with this over the mini. The accessories are pricey right now so I'm going to to hold off on copping the pencil for my design work. It's no MacBook Pro but I see myself working on both to crank out things faster.

Yea TouchBar for both...They need to integrate the touchbar with Firefox...Aint nobody got time for no safari
That's up to Firefox to work on that intergration, not Apple.

But, nice pick up. How do you like using the touchbar?

I opted with the non-touch bar and I'm very happy with it.

^ That's cool to see the general process, but DONT put the SSD in the bracket. Throw the OG hard drive in there and put the SSD into where the hard drive was originally. You'll get much better performance that way.

Just ordered a 13in non-touchbar MBP with 2yr Applecare for 1498 shipped and no tax at Adorama.

Used ebates for 1% Cashback

Best deal I can find on the ntb MBP...basically free applecare and no tax.

What's everyone using to transport their laptops :nerd:

Is a neoprene sleeve still the move? (Was it ever the move? :nerd: :lol:) I used to throw my old comp in a neoprene sleeve and then just toss that in a backpack, carry on, etc.

Got an Amazon one of those and it works well.

And to the dude who's having issues related to the board, often does one of those go bad lol.

I just learn that everything in the new mbp are soldered including the ssd and the ssd is usually more prone to failure than say the ram or cpu.

That means if the ssd drive is corrupt, you have to replace the entire logic board
If your warranty runs out, you will have to pay lots to replace the board.
Its not an issue now but down the road a couple of years from now we are going to have a lot pissed off people.
Always buy applecare.

hey guys, I recently got a new laptop (an hp) and downloaded itunes on it.

but it doesn't recognize either my iphone or ipad when i plug it in.

I made sure the drivers were up to date, and reinstalled itunes.....

any ideas??

just copped an ssd from bb. Whats a good video i need to look at to install it and get everything working?

which one did you get?? I'm shopping around for my macbook and not really sure which one is best and what memory to get. thanks

Back
Top Bottom