The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

That's a good idea and maybe you should go that route. My MacBook Pro 2011 runs like new after the ram and ssd upgrade

Late 2013 maxed 15" MBP for me. Its been a solid tank. I have a soft spot for the 12" MB as well. I picked up an open box from best buy last year for $900. Love that little machine.

I wanna say I have a 2012? MacBook Air

I had a Pro for like 4 years, sold it, and got the Air. I don't even really use it much, but I've been playing Football manager a lot lately and I'm about to move. Thinking about ditching the MacBook and going for an Imac and maybe an ipad.

My Air still does normal tasks fine but it's probably a bit slower than I'd like and even playing a simple game like Football manager gets that fan running strong when a game starts up. And my battery is shot.

Not sure how much I should ask for this air. It s also a little nicked up from a drop. Always wanted an imac...

I wanna say I have a 2012? MacBook Air

I had a Pro for like 4 years, sold it, and got the Air. I don't even really use it much, but I've been playing Football manager a lot lately and I'm about to move. Thinking about ditching the MacBook and going for an Imac and maybe an ipad.

My Air still does normal tasks fine but it's probably a bit slower than I'd like and even playing a simple game like Football manager gets that fan running strong when a game starts up. And my battery is shot.

Not sure how much I should ask for this air. It s also a little nicked up from a drop. Always wanted an imac...

Fellow FM player :pimp:

FM on iPad >

I play it on a 12inch Pro. The mobility and convenience of it on iOS is clutch.

the 12inch is legit because theres enough screen real estate so I can play FM and still have ESPN or Fox Sports playing PiP

Theres absolutely zero lag on the 12inch Pro given its got 2gb ram. My only gripe is there's no game editor like the full PC/Mac version but thats not a huge deal.

I'ma have to get OOTP :nerd:

I play it on a 12inch Pro. The mobility and convenience of it on iOS is clutch.

the 12inch is legit because theres enough screen real estate so I can play FM and still have ESPN or Fox Sports playing PiP

Theres absolutely zero lag on the 12inch Pro given its got 2gb ram. My only gripe is there's no game editor like the full PC/Mac version but thats not a huge deal.

I'ma have to get OOTP :nerd:

Them pros are expensive as hell lol. If i got one of them i would probably have to skip on the imac as well. Could def be an option

But ootp is definitely dope if youre into the FM games. Highly recommended, but i did find it easier. I lose every game in FM lol

Has anyone ever done this before?:

Buy an older MacBook Pro when parts weren't soldered for cheap, and upgraded to SSD and up the RAM afterwards? My mid 2012 is still going strong after the upgrade myself. I don't really care for Retina display or anything like that. Figure you can get a stock older MBP and even after the money used to upgrade the hard drive and RAM, you'd be under $1k total still.

I upgraded my 2010 MBP to the max RAM and installed a SSD.. bruh the speeds on this machine :smh:

Only thing I might do next is a new Processor if that's possible

Done this with my 2010 and it's running like a boss!

This

Has anyone ever upgraded their processor in a 2010 MBP or a MBP in general? I know it will be more difficult than other upgrades.. but is it even possible?

EDIT: nvm, you can't :lol:

Last edited:
I'm usually an OEM kinda guy for personal usage, but since I'm a dev, I gotta use all browsers. Safari would be perfect if their browser inspected element tool was built in and not a separate window.

I absolutely hate Chrome and its ram hogging clutter. Firefox is cool though.

I just realized, after getting my new job and working with an iMac the last 3 weeks, that I absolutely do not like IMacs or the magic mouse.

I prefer my ultra wide + MacBook/mac mini setup much more. And MX Master is king.
What ultra wide monitor do you have? Contemplating on getting one for photo editing.

Has anyone used Radio Silence? Is it as good as little snitch or the likes? It is much cheaper by a lot, and need a program that does what it does.

I hate Google Chrome 
mean.gif
 Half the time I play a video on youtube, there's a black screen and only the audio plays
There's a chrome extension to fix this

What's the extension?
Quick fix for this was just to turn off adblock for youtube. Haven't had the issue once since

Damb my 2011 broke once again and it's the same issue the logic board. I kinda want a new Mac but it's just expensive. Might just pay to get my MacBook to get fixed.

Bros

I am a PC LIFER... And I work heavily in excel on a daily EDIT: for work. The computer will be my personal computer first, work station second.

I may do 5 to 10 hours Max in Excel away from my desk.

But I'm ready to take the plunge...

Looking about dropping ~$2k to max $2.5k for a lab-top.

Let me know what to cop Mac famb

Last edited:
You are out of your cot damn mind if you get a Mac with heavy use of Ms products in mind, especially Excel.

*Laptop

Last edited:
Yeah, if you're doing a lot of work in Excel and you've always used PC, I'd stay with PC.

Dell XPS 13 is a good option to start with.

Yeah, if you're doing a lot of work in Excel and you've always used PC, I'd stay with PC.

Dell XPS 13 is a good option to start with.

Since Apple products hold their value so well, I'm thinking about copping and holding it for a year... and if i dont like it, sell the MBP and jump back.

Last edited:
Since Apple products hold their value so well, I'm thinking about copping and holding it for a year... and if i dont like it, sell the MBP and jump back.

Throw windows 10 on a vm if its that serious. I use Office for Mac and its been sufficient for me

Throw windows 10 on a vm if its that serious. I use Office for Mac and its been sufficient for me
Same here. I have Windows 7 through VMware Fusion on mine. I find myself using it less and less too. Unless you're using Excel sheets with a lot of Visual Basic I think you should be fine. I'm not aware of any other huge missing features in the Mac version.

For those who run VM windows, how is the experience? How much space does it take on the HD? Fairly smooth? I would only be running the Office suite as well for work.

Back
Top Bottom