The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Yeah if you don't have any issues with the MBA then there's no reason to drop $5k on an overpriced laptop that you won't get the full potential out of.

Yeah the rumor is the refresh should be happening around Q4. Gonna hold out for that and cop and iPad to hold me over.

My issue with this MacBook Air is that the screen has a small burn on it, Although not distracting at all it's just one of a few other more serious issues. The battery was replaced under the one year manufacturer warranty and since it's return (Out of warranty now) about 4 months ago it hasn't held a decent charge in quite some time now so that will need to be replaced along with the logic board that is showing signs that it may be dying soon. That logic board replacement costs more than the laptop does ( Not even exaggerating ) So I'm just looking to buy a beast that will last me for a few years because im not down with buying new laptop's every year. I don't edit videos/photo's but I will be doing some light editing of music. Maybe the fully spec'ed out isn't quite necessary but I know this current MacBook doesn't have much life left. I guess my question is....Is the 2016 MacBook pro worth the money?

new mbp owner here, dec 2016 bmp, and i noticed seeing some vertical lines on my screen, first i thought it was just a bad webpage then i noticed its in the desktop too. anyone have solutions for this?

new mbp owner here, dec 2016 bmp, and i noticed seeing some vertical lines on my screen, first i thought it was just a bad webpage then i noticed its in the desktop too. anyone have solutions for this?

I've seen this on a few mbp, bring it back to apple and they should take care of it.

Last edited:
I hate Google Chrome 
mean.gif
 Half the time I play a video on youtube, there's a black screen and only the audio plays

^ I honestly stopped using Chrome for Mac for sometime now.

I've been happy with Safari.

I've been a chrome guy for years, ended up switching to Firefox back in October. Something with Safari nagged me (can't remember off hand).

I may have to switch up soon. Chrome is starting to get on my nerves :lol: Cant even watch videos in peace!

Funny I always switch around on browsers based on their updates. I stuck with chrome for the longest but with all the resources it uses now Ive been going back to safari and some Firefox.

I still use Chrome but its memory/battery usage is annoying. Was looking for a lighter weight option that's similar but didn't really have much luck :\.

Last edited:
I've been a chrome guy for years, ended up switching to Firefox back in October. Something with Safari nagged me (can't remember off hand).

I'm usually an OEM kinda guy for personal usage, but since I'm a dev, I gotta use all browsers. Safari would be perfect if their browser inspected element tool was built in and not a separate window.

I absolutely hate Chrome and its ram hogging clutter. Firefox is cool though.

I just realized, after getting my new job and working with an iMac the last 3 weeks, that I absolutely do not like IMacs or the magic mouse.

I prefer my ultra wide + MacBook/mac mini setup much more. And MX Master is king.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever done this before?:

Buy an older MacBook Pro when parts weren't soldered for cheap, and upgraded to SSD and up the RAM afterwards? My mid 2012 is still going strong after the upgrade myself. I don't really care for Retina display or anything like that. Figure you can get a stock older MBP and even after the money used to upgrade the hard drive and RAM, you'd be under $1k total still.

Buy an older MacBook Pro when parts weren't soldered for cheap, and upgraded to SSD and up the RAM afterwards? My mid 2012 is still going strong after the upgrade myself. I don't really care for Retina display or anything like that. Figure you can get a stock older MBP and even after the money used to upgrade the hard drive and RAM, you'd be under $1k total still.
Done this with my 2010 and it's running like a boss!

Those 2012 quad core i7's non retina MacBooks are like the V8 engines of Apple products.

My 2012 is still going strong, and with the ability to swap out ram, and replace HDD/disc drives with SSD's they're like tanks if you take care of them :smokin

I suggest everyone download Onyx to keep your machines running smooth. Especially our 2012 gens

http://www.titanium.free.fr

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom