The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

^^^^Are you using a @mac address or something like AOL? I love iChat I just wish it would be more consistent when I useit. Seems like every person I know it works well, but I've been stymied.

I see, I just logged into iChat using my GoogleTalk account and it seems to be working fine. Probably justa random niggle you are experiencing. If the ole shutdown restart doesn't help I wonder what it could be.

yeah i have yet to do that. but restart always fixes everything. i'll try it later, but right now i posted on a diff site to see if anybody has the sameproblem

b81152e9b2b201f91f9ba7fc43d219e10e7a6ab.png

alien.gif

Yo CWrite, let me know if you figure out what is wrong with your iChat. My girlfriend has a MBP (3 years old, but I don't know the specs off the top of myhead), running osx10.4, and she says her iChat has never worked. Adium works, but it doesn't have video chat support, which sucks when we're both atschool (long distance relationships ftl).

Also, got some questions for anyone with blackberry's and macs - not sure how well this will get answered, but I've got it posted somewhere else aswell. I use to use pocketmac on my vzw bb curve (8330), but when I updated my curve to os4.5, pocketmac stopped working. It recognizes my phone and starts thesync, but everytime it gets to "synchronizing contacts" the status bar just stops moving. I've tried reinstalling pocketmac and downloading thenew driver, but to no avail. Does anyone have any hints?

I was considering downloading some sort of Windows program to just run the regular Blackberry Software. How do people like VMware Fusion? It seems like itsgetting some good reviews so far, but does anyone want to offer their opinion on it? How much space does it take up? Also, what is the cost on it?

also, my desktop right now:
I have YouControl: Tunes running in the top right corner, its similar to CoverSutra and all those apps, but it runs up in the top and scrolls the song name andartist, and if you move the mouse over it, turns into controls for iTunes. I definitely like this, and I've a good amount of apps to control my musicbefore.

891359d740af6252ce22e73f19e14431036d3b5.jpg

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

How do you transfer files from Mac to PC? Been searching but i can't seem to get it.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Halftime718

how can i take the picture of my backround with the aluminum macbook.
i got mine yesterdsay is there a chance of a newer one coming out this year?
Command + Shift +3

I doubt it, new ones came out a few months ago, maybe just spec upgrades.

Originally Posted by chris steez

can any one post a good site for mac customizaton and programs like wallpapers,icons,tutorials, widgets etc etc =/ much appreciated...im gettin my macbook pro this up comin saturday im pumped as hell
http://www.deviantart.com/
http://www.iconspedia.com/
http://www.macinstruct.com/tutorials
http://macthemes2.net/forum/viewforum.php?id=2

i just got the aluminum macbook i already downloaded adium what else should i download.

http://bestmacsoftware.org/
http://www.macinstruct.com/node/139

good $++% yall.. sorry i been awa... i will be answering the PMs and posting up some more APPS hopefully tomorrow
wink.gif

Originally Posted by igotdemkickz21

Yo CWrite, let me know if you figure out what is wrong with your iChat. My girlfriend has a MBP (3 years old, but I don't know the specs off the top of my head), running osx10.4, and she says her iChat has never worked. Adium works, but it doesn't have video chat support, which sucks when we're both at school (long distance relationships ftl).

Also, got some questions for anyone with blackberry's and macs - not sure how well this will get answered, but I've got it posted somewhere else as well. I use to use pocketmac on my vzw bb curve (8330), but when I updated my curve to os4.5, pocketmac stopped working. It recognizes my phone and starts the sync, but everytime it gets to "synchronizing contacts" the status bar just stops moving. I've tried reinstalling pocketmac and downloading the new driver, but to no avail. Does anyone have any hints?

I was considering downloading some sort of Windows program to just run the regular Blackberry Software. How do people like VMware Fusion? It seems like its getting some good reviews so far, but does anyone want to offer their opinion on it? How much space does it take up? Also, what is the cost on it?

well, so far i've noticed that it's just when i send pictures/direct connect. i tried sending a song and i had no lock up or anything. weird, hopefullyi can find what's wrong.. gets pretty annoying.

anyway, my desk at the moment..
29dia92.jpg
put the time capsule under my macbook pro.

Could someone give me the low down on changing your Theme for OS X. I don't understand any of it. From What I understand you need some program then youdownload themes and use that program or something. Could someone break it down for me, I am a n00b to this, thanks. Willing to paypal 5 bucks

^^^
what is it that you want to do?

change the icon or wallpaper or both?

im having a problem opening some video files from my email and way to fix this?
Thanks.

cwrite, what size screen is that display? I just copped the mimio, and have my 15" MBP, bout to buy a display. When I get this stuff in, you think youcould run me through the set-up process so they work seamlessly?

So anyway I was trying to figure out how to migrate my iPhoto and iTunes from my MBP to my Unibody MacBookwhen A. the new MacBooks don't have Firewire and B. My MBP is still running Tiger (which only allows for Firewire migration).

So I came up with this simple way of doing it...Simply logged into my MBP from the Network and dragged the iTunes and iPhoto libraries into my MB and voila mynew Mac is migrated over without a hitch. I also migrated my MS Office by putting that folder on a USB drive and then dragging the folder into my Apps folderand that worked perfectly.

Mac simplicity FTW!!!!!!

^^^

what is it that you want to do?

change the icon or wallpaper or both?

im having a problem opening some video files from my email and way to fix this?
Thanks.

Na I can do that, im talkin about actually changing the os x theme

Originally Posted by KneeNoh

I have too many Menu Bar icons
laugh.gif

Anyway to organize them?

If you want to remove things from your menu bar, hold the command button down and simply drag whatever you don't want off the bar, or you can move aroundthe order in which they appear - although I don't think that works for 3rd party apps, but I'm not sure (I can't move Adium, YouControl, orMediaLink on my menu bar, but I can move bluetooth, battery, wireless, and clock). Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom