The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by bilbo07

do these screens work with the black macbook?

the 24" display is only compatible with the newer macs that have the mini displayport connection. your black book should be fine with the 23" or30" displays though.

Originally Posted by bkmac

SoleBoogie, that desktop on the 24" looks crazy. Any chance you can post the OG?

no problem, i got you.

Still havin trouble finding nice icons
roll.gif

if your TV has an HDMI connection i believe all you need is a HDMI to DVI cable, not quite sure though.

SO....AFTER 2 YEARS OF USE. i HAVE ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM. SO I COULDN'T SLEEP AND WAS ON THE NET. GOT TIRED & AND WENT TO PUT EBONY (MY BLACK MACBOOK)DOWN AND I GUESS MY THUMB HAS ALOTTA STRENGTH BECAUSE I HEARD A CRACK. i THEN SAW THE FACE OF MY BEAUTIFUL LAPTOP CRACKED WITH COLOR EVERYWHERE (TEARS)

SO BASICALLY I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT I SHOULD DO....SHOULD I FIX IT MYSELF OR SEND IT TO A REPAIR SERVICE?

(BTW APPLE WANTS 700 FOR A CRACKED SCREEN)

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Originally Posted by CWrite78

get flip4mac, i believe it's a codec to play windows media files.

I downloaded it and it won't work with Firefox and most of the time in Safari. Tried downloading windows media player also but it wouldn't work. Any help?
bump.
nerd.gif

So I just got my Mac from bby on friday I'm really starting to contemplate adding the 3 year plan.... is it worth it?

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

So I just got my Mac from bby on friday I'm really starting to contemplate adding the 3 year plan.... is it worth it?

apple replaced my older macbook pro for a new unibody because of the optical drive... so yeah, it's really worth it.

Originally Posted by SoleBoogie

if your TV has an HDMI connection i believe all you need is a HDMI to DVI cable, not quite sure though.
that would be correct.
i have my white macbook connected to my tv with a mini-dvi to HDMI adapter

Originally Posted by KiNGJRMZair23

is it worth the extra money to upgrade from 2gb of ram to 4gb of ram.

Well im sure you can do it yourself for cheaper. Now really sure how the new laptops are, but if you can upgrade it yourself it is usually cheaper that way. Iguess look up the price for the memory and compare it to what they charge already installed.

Originally Posted by HarlemKickDiva

SO....AFTER 2 YEARS OF USE. i HAVE ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM. SO I COULDN'T SLEEP AND WAS ON THE NET. GOT TIRED & AND WENT TO PUT EBONY (MY BLACK MACBOOK) DOWN AND I GUESS MY THUMB HAS ALOTTA STRENGTH BECAUSE I HEARD A CRACK. i THEN SAW THE FACE OF MY BEAUTIFUL LAPTOP CRACKED WITH COLOR EVERYWHERE (TEARS)

SO BASICALLY I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT I SHOULD DO....SHOULD I FIX IT MYSELF OR SEND IT TO A REPAIR SERVICE?

(BTW APPLE WANTS 700 FOR A CRACKED SCREEN)

You have to open pretty much the whole macbook to replace it. If you trust yourself with it then go for it. Im sure you can get the screen for a lot cheaperand save all the labor cost.

Originally Posted by Air23Jordan707

Well im sure you can do it yourself for cheaper. Now really sure how the new laptops are, but if you can upgrade it yourself it is usually cheaper that way. I guess look up the price for the memory and compare it to what they charge already installed.

I think he was referring if it's worth to upgrade, performance wise.

Well im sure you can do it yourself for cheaper. Now really sure how the new laptops are, but if you can upgrade it yourself it is usually cheaper that way. I guess look up the price for the memory and compare it to what they charge already installed.

Oh right. Ha missed that part. Again that would depend on what you do with your laptop on a daily basis. TOday i would say 4gb is reasonable after whati've seen how much ram some of these programs hog up.

Yeah that was what I meant. Performance wise. Sorry about that.

Whats the name of that program that monitors your battery and shows the life of it? Also what can I do to ensure that my battery last for a while before I haveto go buy a replacement?

Originally Posted by tone49

Whats the name of that program that monitors your battery and shows the life of it? Also what can I do to ensure that my battery last for a while before I have to go buy a replacement?
Coconut Battery is the one I think you are talking bout.

just wanted to do an appreciation post for Rivet. streaming movies from my mac to my xbox360 is sweet. though you can actually do it from Vuze now and althoughit's beta, it's free.

apple replaced my older macbook pro for a new unibody because of the optical drive... so yeah, it's really worth it.

Can I purchase Applecare even though i didn't get it from the apple store? If so how long do I have to add it on

Can I purchase Applecare even though i didn't get it from the apple store? If so how long do I have to add it on
Yeah you can, as long as it was from an authorized retailer. I believe you have a year from the date of purchase to add it on

Yeah I bought it from best buy....

If anyone I work with knew I was thinkin about coppin Apple Care instead of our service plan....
roll.gif

I just dont have the money right now to buy the protection plan from bestbuy and the last day I can is friday

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Originally Posted by tone49

Whats the name of that program that monitors your battery and shows the life of it? Also what can I do to ensure that my battery last for a while before I have to go buy a replacement?
Coconut Battery is the one I think you are talking bout.
Good lookin!
Here my desktop so far. Still trying to find some good icons....
desktopjqw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom