The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

One more question about Applecare... lets say I purchase it 3 months from now... is it good for 3 years that date... or just 3 years the date I bought myMacbook?

Im thinking about downloading limewire for my macbook, anyone ever have any problems with it?

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

One more question about Applecare... lets say I purchase it 3 months from now... is it good for 3 years that date... or just 3 years the date I bought my Macbook?

3 Years + 1 year from date you bought Macbook. So basically 4 years from date of purchase.

Really? Wow thats awesome.. thought it was just for 3 years

Yup, right now your on Apple's limited warranty for a year, then Apple Care just adds on to that.

Not true Applecare last for a total of 3 years. Your first year of Applecare is free. It's in the products limited warranty. All of Apple's productscome with a free year warranty. When you buy Applecare your paying for an additional two years. For a grand total of 3 years from the day you bought the item.
Originally Posted by KneeNoh

One more question about Applecare... lets say I purchase it 3 months from now... is it good for 3 years that date... or just 3 years the date I bought my Macbook?

3 Years + 1 year from date you bought Macbook. So basically 4 years from date of purchase.

My set up
3412242137_e1455dd6b1.jpg

he's right. right now you have 1 year limited warranty and 3 months for over the phone help. when you buy applecare you'll get 3 years total for both.

Originally Posted by Lebron Games23

Not true Applecare last for a total of 3 years. Your first year of Applecare is free. It's in the products limited warranty. All of Apple's products come with a free year warranty. When you buy Applecare your paying for an additional two years. For a grand total of 3 years from the day you bought the item.

Cragmatic wrote:

One more question about Applecare... lets say I purchase it 3 months from now... is it good for 3 years that date... or just 3 years the date I bought my
Macbook?

Dude from Apple Store was adamant that it was 3 years added to the free limited warranty When he explained it to me. I asked like 5 times
laugh.gif

Not true Applecare last for a total of 3 years. Your first year of Applecare is free. It's in the products limited warranty. All of Apple's products come with a free year warranty. When you buy Applecare your paying for an additional two years. For a grand total of 3 years from the day you bought the item.

Cragmatic wrote:

One more question about Applecare... lets say I purchase it 3 months from now... is it good for 3 years that date... or just 3 years the date I bought my
Macbook?

Dude from Apple Store was adamant that it was 3 years added to the free limited warranty When he explained it to me. I asked like 5 times
laugh.gif

most employees don't even know what they are talking about. especially those in the "genius" bar

Agreed. Apple's retail store hiring ain't what it use to be. Most of them don't even own Mac's themselves.
Originally Posted by CWrite78

Cragmatic wrote:

Macbook?

laugh.gif

most employees don't even know what they are talking about. especially those in the "genius" bar

....Sigh....I have a Zune but it doesnt connect to mac. I wanna get a touch but the biggest size they currently come in is 32gigs and my zune has over 40gigsof music on it. I really dont wanna get a classic cause I've had a bad experience with them. Does anyone know what the capacity of the next ipod touch willbe and when it is coming out....

I've decided to make the switch, f it.

I'm in the market for either a 24" iMac or a 15" MacBook Pro. With a student discount, either one seems like a solid buy.

Now my dilemma is whether to go the laptop or desktop route.

I'm finishing grad school in May, so portability isn't as important as it was since I'll no longer be a student. The iMac's just got a refreshlast month that make them an even better buy as well. Part of me still wants a laptop for all the reasons people normally want one and I can still pick up adecent external display down the line.

So NTers out there, any opinions?

Originally Posted by CollegeKicks

I'm in the market for either a 24" iMac or a 15" MacBook Pro. With a student discount, either one seems like a solid buy.

I'm finishing grad school in May, so portability isn't as important as it was since I'll no longer be a student. The iMac's just got a refresh last month that make them an even better buy as well. Part of me still wants a laptop for all the reasons people normally want one and I can still pick up a decent external display down the line.

24" iMac is just so sexy, get it. I own a unibody Macbook, but I'm still in college; if I weren't...... I'd be typing on an iMacright now.

Originally Posted by CollegeKicks

I'm finishing grad school in May, so portability isn't as important as it was since I'll no longer be a student. The iMac's just got a refresh last month that make them an even better buy as well. Part of me still wants a laptop for all the reasons people normally want one and I can still pick up a decent external display down the line.

MBpro & 20"+ display = win

Exactly. I have a 20" 2008 Display, a Mimo 7", and my MBP 15". It is great being able to switch screens especially with the work I'm doing.

IDK if its my imagination... but I swaer on my new MB.. the screen randomly brightens and dims just a tiny bit from time to time.... hmmmm

Back
Top Bottom