The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by CashmereThought96

Incase aluminum macbook sleeves FTL smh bent my macbook
Same exact thing happened to mine
tired.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by AKA Anthony

Question:

Why when I open up Photo Booth its just a black screen? I can't video chat on iChat either
frown.gif

this has been happening for awhile right? i remember somebody complaining about their isight cam not working.. looks like it's an internal problem, take it to genius bar/call apple care and have them fix it. not much u can do unless you know your way around the insides of a mac

It happened to me about a month or 2 ago so I restarted and the problem was fixed. Now it seems permanent because Photo Booth hasn't worked in about aweek. Thanks for the input, I guess I have to set up an appointment with a "genius".

honestly, you should just go straight through applecare. them genius dudes aren't going to do anything but send it themselves. i try to stay away from the"genius" bar as much as possible.

Tell me how you just responded to my post before I even posted
laugh.gif

How do I go straight through applecare?

call them up, and i think yuku is messing up.. cuz i posted after you posted.. but through the main page it showed that you posted after i did. this should bethe number 1-800-275-2273

Na, I was being sarcastic due to the quickness of the reply
laugh.gif

Thanks for the help, and the quick replies are greatly appreciated

I just got my first Macbook a couple days ago. Worked on setting it up last night. Trying to play around with it and figure it out and already loving it. Anyinfo on where to get that Kermit Kubrick icon? I looked around the sites and couldnt find it.
Originally Posted by wanksta23

mines simple
grin.gif

Sup guys,

Soon ill be buying a laptop for myself for school use and for "fun"...and i heard that macbooks are very useful for anything..
but the thing is im a pc guy,ive been using windows xp all my life, so i know how everything works and tricks and all that...my question is are the macbookseasy to get use to or is it complicated? It seems complicated but i wanted to hear the real deal from you guys.

hope my question came out right...thanks guys
happy.gif
glasses.gif

AppleReleases iPhone OS 3.0 Beta 5 and New iTunes 8.2 Pre-Release to Developers

Wednesday May 06, 2009 11:37 PM EST; Category: iPhone
Written by Eric Slivka
232753-iphone_3.0.jpeg

Apple tonight seeded the fifth beta version of iPhone OS 3.0 (Build 7A312g) and a new version of the iTunes 8.2 pre-release to developers. As with the previous beta, iTunes 8.2is required to install the latest iPhone 3.0 beta software. No new features in the fifth beta version have been revealed at this early time.

Today's release is a bit of a surprise, coming just eight days after the release of the fourth beta when Apple had consistently been releasing betaversions to developers at two-week intervals. With only a month to go until Apple's sold out Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco where theiPhone OS 3.0 is certain to be a featured topic of discussion, Apple may be increasing the pace of developer releases to begin polishing things for the publicshowing.

Does anyone else have a crazy mouse on their iMac? o_O

For example...
Right now i was waiting for the page to load, barely move the mouse to the right. It quickly bounced to the bottom where the icons are and then bounced to theright.
Other times i'll move the mouse to the top nd it'll quickly slide to the bottom.
WHAT THE HELL? Can anyone help?
ohwell.gif
I just got this mac, maybe 3 or 4weeks ago.

Originally Posted by reddmann s2

I've had my Mac Book Aluminum for about 4 months and haven't customized anything on it till now...

Here is what I did so far...

n2idz5.png

Hey how did you get the dock like that (refering to the 'word icons')?

Originally Posted by Step Your Game Up

Originally Posted by reddmann s2

I've had my Mac Book Aluminum for about 4 months and haven't customized anything on it till now...

Here is what I did so far...

n2idz5.png

Hey how did you get the dock like that (refering to the 'word icons')?
I got the icons from this site: http://scazza.deviantart..../art/Helveticons-96006378

The dude that made the icons put a .psd templete so you can make your own icons which I did for Torq, ColorSync, TweetDeck, etc...

I never knew that you can customize a MacBook till recently and I've been spending hours on end doing so.

Anyway, to Da Doc03... I'm glad you like my set-up... Much appreciated
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

honestly, you should just go straight through applecare. them genius dudes aren't going to do anything but send it themselves. i try to stay away from the "genius" bar as much as possible.

If you got Applecare, and they have the part needed they'll replace it on the spot. Everytime I go to the Genius Bar i go and get mine fixed, I get it donewithin 30 min. and for free , even if it isn't covered by my warranty. I find that if you immediately ship it to Apple they'll go buy the book andcharge you. But if you actually go to Apple store there is a good posibility they do it free of charge, at least from my experience at the Apple store in SF.

Back
Top Bottom