The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Can I buy a longer charging cable?
u use the charger x extra length adapter? 
i dont think theres a longer one 
Somebody told me it comes with an extension but I don't see it.
5390459819_aa094a3cfe_z.jpg

thats how it looks...its not that long 

Can I buy a longer charging cable?
u use the charger x extra length adapter? 
i dont think theres a longer one 
Somebody told me it comes with an extension but I don't see it.
thats how it looks...its not that long 

Thats what she said!

Just got the tax return in the direct deposit and i'm looking at buying the 13"mbp 2.7 ghz with 8gb of ram and potentially a monitor. Anyone have any suggestions on the best type of monitor to get (preferably something in the 27-32" range) or if I should just get a chord that will connect my MBP to my tv (If so, what cable do I need?).

Lastly, anyone have an opinion if I should wait til OS X Lion comes out to buy my laptop or if I should just say f it and buy it now with snow leopard preinstalled

Originally Posted by pchen83

Just got the tax return in the direct deposit and i'm looking at buying the 13"mbp 2.7 ghz with 8gb of ram and potentially a monitor. Anyone have any suggestions on the best type of monitor to get (preferably something in the 27-32" range) or if I should just get a chord that will connect my MBP to my tv (If so, what cable do I need?).

Lastly, anyone have an opinion if I should wait til OS X Lion comes out to buy my laptop or if I should just say f it and buy it now with snow leopard preinstalled
It would be cheaper if you upgrade your ram on your own i just bought 8gb of ram for 117 shipped i think it's a 200 upgrade from apple 

Originally Posted by 617jordanhead

Originally Posted by pchen83

It would be cheaper if you upgrade your ram on your own i just bought 8gb of ram for 117 shipped i think it's a 200 upgrade from apple 
Thank you, I will do that instead.  Should I pay the extra 300 dollars for the 2.7ghz mbp vs the 2.3ghz?

if you have the money to spare why not...

if your just web browsing itunes and stuff you dont really need it

i connect my macbook to my 32 ips screen from lg great screen for a even better price...i use the mini display adapter to hdmi to connect it

@That Kid Daniel -- how did u get ur dock like that? black, 3 dots, white outline across the desktop? I tried using CandyBar to swap out the dock but had no idea where to start looking. I might just need to jack that lol... pause
Heres wut i got set up on my macbook pro:

@Joe Billionaire -- i think u have until your 1yr warranty is up.. after that u cant get applecare. But its def worth it, i got 3 yrs on mine and if u end up selling ur mac u can just transfer it to the new owner. Makes the sale much easier

we can buy apple care anytime? i purchased my macbook in sept...so i have until sept to buy more right?

Yep you can buy it anytime, but don't wait till the last minute to buy it. If your student they can offer you the apple care discount.

I'm so glad i my battery replaced now i can enjoy using it for long periods of time. If the motherboard goes out, Automatic replacement for a newer model right now i got the 1st gen Macbook pro w/ core 2 duo, they switch it out for an i5
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

we can buy apple care anytime? i purchased my macbook in sept...so i have until sept to buy more right?

Yep you can buy it anytime, but don't wait till the last minute to buy it. If your student they can offer you the apple care discount.

I'm so glad i my battery replaced now i can enjoy using it for long periods of time. If the motherboard goes out, Automatic replacement for a newer model right now i got the 1st gen Macbook pro w/ core 2 duo, they switch it out for an i5
pimp.gif

im gonna look into a 2 year then...i seen the 15inch the other day when i was at the store and it looked 
pimp.gif

as soon as i pay off this 3k in best buy debt 
laugh.gif

info on the new imacs from some guy who got fired from apple via macrumors

iMac (Mid-2011)
24-inch: 3.1GHz

Processor:
3.1GHz Intel Core i3

Memory:
4GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM [ + 200.00]

27-inch: 3.3GHz

Processor:
3.3GHz Intel Core i3
2.8GHz Intel Core i5

Memory:
4GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM

Hard Drive:
1TB Serial ATA Drive
2TB Serial ATA Drive [ + 135.00]

Processor:
3.3GHz Intel Core i5
3.4GHz Intel Core i7 [ + 290.00]

Memory:
4GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM

Hard Drive:
1TB Serial ATA Drive

Graphics Card:
ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB [ + 100.00]

30-inch: 3.5GHz

Processor:
3.5GHz Intel Xeon

Memory:
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM [ + 300.00]

Hard Drive:
1TB Serial ATA Drive

Graphics Card:
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB
ATI Radeon HD 6970 2GB [ + 350.00]
[table][tr][td]
The new MacBook will NOT support Thunderbolt.
It will be equipped with the new Sandy Bridge i3 processor.
It still comes with 2GB of RAM, expandable to 4GB.
320M has been replaced with Intel HD 3000.
[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][/table]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]the white one ^ [/font]

info on the new imacs from some guy who got fired from apple via macrumors

iMac (Mid-2011)
24-inch: 3.1GHz

Processor:
3.1GHz Intel Core i3

Memory:
4GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM

Processor:
3.3GHz Intel Core i3
2.8GHz Intel Core i5

Memory:
4GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM

Hard Drive:
1TB Serial ATA Drive

Processor:
3.3GHz Intel Core i5
3.4GHz Intel Core i7 [ + 290.00]

Memory:
4GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM

Hard Drive:
1TB Serial ATA Drive

Graphics Card:
ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB [ + 100.00]

30-inch: 3.5GHz

Processor:
3.5GHz Intel Xeon

Memory:
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM [ + 300.00]

Hard Drive:
1TB Serial ATA Drive

Graphics Card:
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB
ATI Radeon HD 6970 2GB [ + 350.00]
[table][tr][td]
The new MacBook will NOT support Thunderbolt.
It will be equipped with the new Sandy Bridge i3 processor.
It still comes with 2GB of RAM, expandable to 4GB.
320M has been replaced with Intel HD 3000.
[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][/table]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]the white one ^ [/font]
Holy! 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 30-Inch iMac?! I thought the 27-inch would be big enough. That is definitely going to be beastly...
Hopefully I get the job I applied at Apple and maybe be eligible to upgrade my current 27-inch iMac. Those specs, if true, are beastly.

just got the mbp 13" a couple of days ago and have been messing around with candybar to change the dock. I've found deviantart to be useful but this site was as well. hope this helps someone

http://weloveicons.com/

thinking of copping a macbook pro but undecided on the size of screen... i like the 15 inch screen because its big and the 13 inch screen is cool because its portable and substantial... the thing is this is going to be my main computer and replace my desktop at home... so ya i like the 13 inch screen but im going to use it at home more than bring it anywhere... what yall think i should get... or what would you get

I really need someone who knows a lot about video editing with Final Cut pro or any other software please hit me up via PM asap

Back
Top Bottom