The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Why not just buy a separate monitor if your macbook already runs everything fine? It should be cheaper than buying and upgrading the 2009 iMac.
I thought about that but wouldn't i still have to control everything through my macbook? I want to be able to just use the monitor a keyboard and a mouse. Is that possible?

What's the best way to get rid of other space in your hard drive again?
This. Like 90% of my total storage in use is "Other". I'm assuming some of this is legitimate but not all of it.

Also not sure where the hell all of those numbers for Photos and Audio are coming from.

It's not like I'm hurting for space but it's just annoying :\.

Last edited:
I thought about that but wouldn't i still have to control everything through my macbook? I want to be able to just use the monitor a keyboard and a mouse. Is that possible?
You could get a laptop dock for your MacBook to sit in and keep it closed and control everything with just a keyboard and mouse while displaying it on an external monitor

You could get a laptop dock for your MacBook to sit in and keep it closed and control everything with just a keyboard and mouse while displaying it on an external monitor
Great Idea! I been looking for one all day and not sure what is a good one for my macbook mid 2009? Any suggestions?

Great Idea! I been looking for one all day and not sure what is a good one for my macbook mid 2009? Any suggestions?

When you say MacBook, you talking about the older white ones or a MacBook Pro and you just didn't put pro on it? Just want to make sure I link the right thing.

Either way. I was going to suggest

https://www.hengedocks.com/pages/vertical-macbook

For the dock to look into. You can just grab and go when you need it and not worry about unhooking cables and whatnot as well. They make one for each model MacBook, Pro and Retina.

Any good place to get a MacBook charger? Amazon has nothing and eBay is scary.
I got this one for my wife a couple months ago. She decided to leave the OEM one laying around the house and our 2 year old finally got to it :lol: :smh:

Had no issues with it so far. You can def find legit Apple ones on there too. Just put like "genuine oem apple charger" or something to search. I found one on there when I had to replace my MBP charger a year or so ago. Our dog got that one :stoneface:

Best-by-digital is the store name on there. Almost 30k reviews and at 99%

Last edited:
When you say MacBook, you talking about the older white ones or a MacBook Pro and you just didn't put pro on it? Just want to make sure I link the right thing.

Either way. I was going to suggest

https://www.hengedocks.com/pages/vertical-macbook

For the dock to look into. You can just grab and go when you need it and not worry about unhooking cables and whatnot as well. They make one for each model MacBook, Pro and Retina.
I got this one for my wife a couple months ago. She decided to leave the OEM one laying around the house and our 2 year old finally got to it :lol: :smh:

Had no issues with it so far. You can def find legit Apple ones on there too. Just put like "genuine oem apple charger" or something to search. I found one on there when I had to replace my MBP charger a year or so ago. Our dog got that one :stoneface:

Best-by-digital is the store name on there. Almost 30k reviews and at 99%
My bad it's a macbook pro mid 2009

I feel like I still haven't broken in my 2015 MBP. Not ready for Apple to drop new MBP's, especially since MBA's haven't had an upgrade in like 5 years

Really been wanting an imac but the new ones are expensive. See a 2009 version for 300. What yall think worth the money?
If you max out the RAM and install a SSD, I think it's worth the money.

I had my 2009 iMac till this year and it ran like a champ with just maxing out the RAM...Had to sell it because I moved across the country.

Is there a way to get rid of these shared computers? I have no idea where they are

I'm kinda disappointed that they didn't announce new Macbook Pros. My 2011 is still running but it's getting long in the tooth in my opinion. I already maxed out the ram.

I'm kinda disappointed that they didn't announce new Macbook Pros. My 2011 is still running but it's getting long in the tooth in my opinion. I already maxed out the ram.
Hopefully October...But we'll see.

I'm waiting for an update too.

Also playing the waiting game.

Put in an ssd if you can, I did the ram and ssd upgrade on my 2012. It still handles anything I throw at it like a champ.

Any recommendations if I need to buy a new charger for my mbp? saw a couple on amazon. However, some of the reviews were scary "trackpad won't work after charging?"
roll.gif

Should i just go the OEM route?

Anyone else running into a WiFi issue? Mine seems to kick out every time my MBP goes idle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom