The Official Madden 11 Thread (PS3/360) RD: August 10, 2010 *Pics, Vids*

So I decided to rent this game...played a couple games online, started a franchise...checked everything out and came to the conclusion that this is the worst sports game I have ever played....just worse than 2k10.

Whats up with the 30 seconds in between each play?  And all the annoying things you have to deal with just to call a play? I realize some of these things can be turned off but the fact they are in the game in the first place disturbs me....

Im not even dipping into gameplay...its an arcade game.  I would pop in blitz for n64 if I wanted to play this.

So I decided to rent this game...played a couple games online, started a franchise...checked everything out and came to the conclusion that this is the worst sports game I have ever played....just worse than 2k10.

Whats up with the 30 seconds in between each play?  And all the annoying things you have to deal with just to call a play? I realize some of these things can be turned off but the fact they are in the game in the first place disturbs me....

Im not even dipping into gameplay...its an arcade game.  I would pop in blitz for n64 if I wanted to play this.

Issues I have found as I continue to play maddden:

Franchinse Mode:
If my team is in the super bowl, my players still played in the pro bowl the weekend before. Same with the AFC championship team.
Contracts- You cannot put incentives into contracts
Contracts- You cannot offer large signing bonuses with small base salaries
Contracts- The first round draft pick salaries seem low

In Super Sim mode players do not get enough rest when you sim. My runnings backs always get tired after 1 or 2 runs

SuperStar Mode:
No information around contracts
My rookie was the starter even thought he was not the best QB. He was a 65 and the other QB was 87
Need more options when I go to my agent
Need ability to sign with a shoe company

Will continue to add as I find issues.

Franchinse Mode:
If my team is in the super bowl, my players still played in the pro bowl the weekend before. Same with the AFC championship team.

In Super Sim mode players do not get enough rest when you sim. My runnings backs always get tired after 1 or 2 runs

SuperStar Mode:
My rookie was the starter even thought he was not the best QB. He was a 65 and the other QB was 87

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Seems like every WR drops wide open catches recently
indifferent.gif
The worst is when they catch it, start running up field and the ball magically falls out of their hands
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Seems like every WR drops wide open catches recently
indifferent.gif
The worst is when they catch it, start running up field and the ball magically falls out of their hands
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by peter80warrick

Franchinse Mode:

SuperStar Mode:

There 2 brands on the game. Now that's nit-picking

Originally Posted by peter80warrick

Franchinse Mode:

SuperStar Mode:

There 2 brands on the game. Now that's nit-picking

Even though I'm 10-1 online I still mostly play Franchise mode. When you have the right sliders, the game is nearly perfect. Most of the complains that people have can be fixed with slider adjustments. On Operation Sports there are dudes that test this game day and night to get the most realistic results. It's pretty much like this with any sports game that comes out now. And yes I know (the game shouldn't have to be adjusted). But people have different playing styles and will get different results, it would be very hard for developers to make the game play ideally for every single person that picks up the sticks.

Even though I'm 10-1 online I still mostly play Franchise mode. When you have the right sliders, the game is nearly perfect. Most of the complains that people have can be fixed with slider adjustments. On Operation Sports there are dudes that test this game day and night to get the most realistic results. It's pretty much like this with any sports game that comes out now. And yes I know (the game shouldn't have to be adjusted). But people have different playing styles and will get different results, it would be very hard for developers to make the game play ideally for every single person that picks up the sticks.

Originally Posted by The Minister

why can't they make franchise mode better.

This.

I remember in 2K had that newspaper thing.  They need to have the newspaper that shows projections before each game, game results and upcoming events, including signings and trades.

- They need to add pre-game coaching analysis that shows your opponents mostly used plays in offense and defense.
- A built in "Fantasy game in Franchise mode" ***Insert Exhibit*** so you play a fantasy game in a madden game while you play your franchise mode in your madden game while playing another game at the same time.
tongue.gif

- A better half-time and post game report on Franchise mode.
- Better incentives with-in the game *similar to collecting the bobble heads in 2K.
- They need to bring back QB vision and  Pass and Run Commit. 
- An easier way to call audibles for each defensive player.  *maybe a drop down to select a players name instead of scrolling one by one using O or X.
sick.gif

I have a few more just cant of think of them right now. 

No matter how much I hate buying the new Madden each year hoping that it would be better than the last - somehow I end up disappointed each year...and guess what I end up buying this POS-Sorry excuse for a football game every time.  Sega and 2K needs to get an NFL license quick.
frown.gif

This.

I remember in 2K had that newspaper thing.  They need to have the newspaper that shows projections before each game, game results and upcoming events, including signings and trades.

- They need to add pre-game coaching analysis that shows your opponents mostly used plays in offense and defense.
- A built in "Fantasy game in Franchise mode" ***Insert Exhibit*** so you play a fantasy game in a madden game while you play your franchise mode in your madden game while playing another game at the same time.
tongue.gif

- Better incentives with-in the game *similar to collecting the bobble heads in 2K.
- An easier way to call audibles for each defensive player.  *maybe a drop down to select a players name instead of scrolling one by one using O or X.
sick.gif

No matter how much I hate buying the new Madden each year hoping that it would be better than the last - somehow I end up disappointed each year...and guess what I end up buying this POS-Sorry excuse for a football game every time.  Sega and 2K needs to get an NFL license quick.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

This.

tongue.gif

sick.gif

frown.gif
yep pretty much sums it up. its been the same damn thing since 2006. ps2 maddens had alot better franchises with training camp and what not. now they want you to buy "star player" for maximum progression. suck my %!#%

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

This.

tongue.gif

sick.gif

frown.gif
yep pretty much sums it up. its been the same damn thing since 2006. ps2 maddens had alot better franchises with training camp and what not. now they want you to buy "star player" for maximum progression. suck my %!#%

The first patch is available now for PS3 gamers, the 360 patch should be available later today.

It includes the return of the old pre-play controls rather than the strategy pad, as well as the addition of the  Madden Moments Live feature.

EA is gonna release another patch at the end of the month.

Moving forward, we are working on addressing some of the most common feedback in upcoming title updates. You all already know that we are planning on releasing an update to enable old-school pre-play controls right around the start of the NFL season, which also will include the brand new Madden Moments LIVE feature where you can replay the top games from each week. In that update we will also have numerous art, gameplay, and stability fixes included as well. Along with that, we have also planned a second update to come towards the end of September. Below is a list of the top priority issues we seem to be hearing the most about that we are looking at:
  • Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games
  • Generally making pass defense more effective
  • Reducing number of broken tackles
  • Fixing user blitz exploit(s)
  • Tuning injuries
  • Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic
  • Improving play action blocking
  • Improving kick return blocking
  • Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.
  • Random stability improvements
~

The first patch is available now for PS3 gamers, the 360 patch should be available later today.

It includes the return of the old pre-play controls rather than the strategy pad, as well as the addition of the  Madden Moments Live feature.

EA is gonna release another patch at the end of the month.

Moving forward, we are working on addressing some of the most common feedback in upcoming title updates. You all already know that we are planning on releasing an update to enable old-school pre-play controls right around the start of the NFL season, which also will include the brand new Madden Moments LIVE feature where you can replay the top games from each week. In that update we will also have numerous art, gameplay, and stability fixes included as well. Along with that, we have also planned a second update to come towards the end of September. Below is a list of the top priority issues we seem to be hearing the most about that we are looking at:
  • Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games
  • Generally making pass defense more effective
  • Reducing number of broken tackles
  • Fixing user blitz exploit(s)
  • Tuning injuries
  • Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic
  • Improving play action blocking
  • Improving kick return blocking
  • Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.
  • Random stability improvements
~

Back
Top Bottom