The Official Metal Gear Solid 4 Thread Vol. Snake's Last Hurrah | It's Out | Don't Post Spoilers!

Originally Posted by swendro88

2re5is3.jpg

wow

wow

53jqxz.png

I just finished act 2 and witnessed quite possibly the gayest battle between ______ and ____. I mean, I thought they were gonna kiss at one point.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

I just finished act 2 and witnessed quite possibly the gayest battle between ______ and ____. I mean, I thought they were gonna kiss at one point.
indifferent.gif

....but seriously...

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

indifferent.gif

....but seriously...

indifferent.gif

x2

Originally Posted by Battousai7o1

dang swendro, if thats really u then props to u

so far im at 0 kills and 0 alerts @ the end of act 1

Didn't he just start the game couple days ago? NO way he has 4 million drebin points already, I think he just posted a picture from another place andwas amazed by it... If he did do that though big props to you for beating it in big boss in that time and getting no kills and alerts.
I did the no killsand no alerts, game moves smoothly when you don't kill anyone or get alerted... Stealth and bandana FTW...
pimp.gif

Didn't kill bosses either and got all the statues for the solar gun...

Man, I feel bad for my boy... He finally got his 80 GB bundle in yesterday and played for not even an hour and his system keeps over heating... The fan'snot even turning on for him.... So, he has to ship it out and wait for a new one to come in.... Or try and exchange it in a circuit city..... Too badthey're all sold out though
frown.gif
........ Dude was soooo hyped to playit too...

Anyone else have this problem with their PS3??? I've had my 60 GB since they first came out and it's only overheated once on me..

Question for anyone who has completed the game with no alerts. What did you do when fighting wolf and she has all those frogs around? How did yall go aboutthat without getting an alert?

^ i hid under the truck and with the silencer and long range scope on the custom m4 = no alerts

that wasn't my big boss rating
no way i will ever come close to that
laugh.gif

there are some parts that i just don't understand how you could not kill anyone

DimondJ15 wrote:

^ i hid under the truck and with the silencer and long range scope on the custom m4 = no alerts

Silencer and long range scope on the custom m4
pimp.gif
Ima try that thanks.

Did you do the same when she sends out more frogs after you killed the first group of them during the middle of the fight?

Originally Posted by parada45

DimondJ15 wrote:

Silencer and long range scope on the custom m4
pimp.gif
Ima try that thanks.

Did you do the same when she sends out more frogs after you killed the first group of them during the middle of the fight?

i did the same thing. the truck is kinda a given cuz its right infront of u at the beginning of the match

[h1]The Extremely Limited Edition UK MGS4 Watch[/h1]
mgs4watch.jpg
Isn't she lovely? This lovely Limited Edition Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns ofthe Patriots timepiece, now up for preorder at UK online retailer Gamestation, has been lovingly crafted using the finest stainless steel, engraved andnumbered, and packed in a lovely black box with a silver MGS4 logo stamped on top along with a certificate of authenticity from Konami. Approved by Kojimahimself, only 500 of these babies are being released on October 31st of this year, and they're only going to be available through Gamestation...who onlyships to the UK, making me sad.

One of the team responsible for creating the limited edition dropped us a line to let us know that Gamestation accidentally put it up for order before thebig announcement, so this would be an excellent time to order one before the rush. At £99.99 it makes an excellent gift for any member of the American gamingpress sitting at their computer desk drooling over a watch.

Originally Posted by parada45

Question for anyone who has completed the game with no alerts. What did you do when fighting wolf and she has all those frogs around? How did yall go about that without getting an alert?

When fighting wolf, don't make it your goal to take out the frogs because more frogs will come. Walk around the edges and only take out the frogs thatare close by (I suggest using the tranq).

Via blog.us.playstation.com

Metal Gear Solid DATABASE incoming on the PS Store this Thursday- free & SO AWESOME
2591459392_8bd9d273d3.jpg

The MGS4 Database is a free, downloadable interactive application that contains the official knowledge base of everything that is Metal Gear, reaching all the way back to the very beginning of the franchise. Including complete storylines, character profiles, relationship diagrams, and much more! The MGS4 database is a great way to catch up for someone new to Metal Gear, as well as a useful resource for any veteran of the series, with complete official details on every aspect of the intricate Metal gear lore.

The MGS4 Database also contains a special feature - if you want to make use of the database, but have not yet fully played through MGS4 yet and are worried about spoilers - all MGS4 spoilers are "blacked out" until you've beaten MGS4. Give it a try!

But that's not all, within MGS4, check out the EXTRAS option of the main menu (if you haven't already). There's already new, free downloadable content available for the game - with new camouflage and a new music track for the in game iPod. There will be more forthcoming, so be sure to check this often!

Via Joystiq.com

MGS4 is best-selling PS3 game in Japan, boosts hardware sales
mgs4guns25r.jpg

It shouldn't come as a surprise that Metal Gear Solid 4 is a system-seller. The PS3 exclusive has managed to beat sales records in Japan, becoming the best-selling PS3 game in the territory. (The previous record was held by Minna no Golf 5.) MGS4 sold 476,334 copies in four days. That's slightly less than the Japanese launch of Metal Gear Solid 3, but more than the launches of MGS and MGS2. Considering PS3's smaller install base, this is a fantastic achievement.

Hardware sales have jumped to over 77k in the region, an impressive feat when one considers the sluggish sales of PS3 in the region (averaging under 10k per week). This is certainly a time of celebration for Konami and Sony, and should alleviate fears that a PS3 exclusive can't be incredibly successful. However, only time will tell how long MGS4 will be a system seller.

My Take: Incredible, but not really surprised, it's MGS, it has a cult following in Japan. I wanna see the total worldwide figures thatincludes US and Europe, but rumors are suggesting close to around 2 million sold (my guess is about 1.5mill),
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Call me stupid but I had no idea, the less kills, the more points you receive.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I was wondering, "I have 350 kills, how you only going togive me 1000 drebin points??
grin.gif
"
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom