The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Yeah hellion 5th group. I wanted to go there since their AO is the Middle East so when I went through language corse I'd at least be able to use it. Still can only say basic words, that's a tough language. I'm going to try to get some pictures together to put up, maybe people can get an idea what it's like being down range in jeans and a tshirt. Not sure if I have any I can just post up for opsec reasons.

I'm at Fort Campbell currently. I'm not with group, but I'm with the guys that fly you around. At night. Pretty obvious what unit I'm in just from saying that.
laugh.gif

I'm at Fort Campbell currently. I'm not with group, but I'm with the guys that fly you around. At night. Pretty obvious what unit I'm in just from saying that.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by The Kid Fiasco

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

How often are you involed in firefights on 11B ?

If I Honestly tell you, will that make or break you joining the Military... but Ill let a true 11B take that question.

As an MP. The whole 11B vs 31B rivalry, pretty funny, but I give props to infantry. Im attached to 1st infantry division in Iraq. Give them all the props, learned from them a bit and they learned from us a bit.
being an MP in the army is a no go. My friend just got back from Iraq with the 101st air assault (11b). He said in total he was in 6 fire fights.

If I Honestly tell you, will that make or break you joining the Military... but Ill let a true 11B take that question.

As an MP. The whole 11B vs 31B rivalry, pretty funny, but I give props to infantry. Im attached to 1st infantry division in Iraq. Give them all the props, learned from them a bit and they learned from us a bit.
being an MP in the army is a no go. My friend just got back from Iraq with the 101st air assault (11b). He said in total he was in 6 fire fights.

In all this talk about furthering my career and applying to OTS, I don't want one thing to get lost. So, let me personally thank all of you who have served and sacrificed to protect my freedom and security and that of others as well. THANK YOU!!!

In all this talk about furthering my career and applying to OTS, I don't want one thing to get lost. So, let me personally thank all of you who have served and sacrificed to protect my freedom and security and that of others as well. THANK YOU!!!

But people trying to enlist goodluck... people trying to use that degree to go Officer R.I.P you vs the rest of the world.
That's my attitude towards this whole situation and probably the most motivating factor of all.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
The competition/selectivity is awesome and I've enjoyed doing everything I can to get in. I've worked/networked like all hell to get every officer I can to notice and potentially back me.  I'm a realist and can accept not getting picked up but I'll be damned if I didn't say I tried.
laugh.gif

When I interned in the House of Reps last summer, I would go down to the Navy liaison office in the next building over and talk with some of the officer policy fellows about the Navy. When I worked off of Farragut Square, I would post up outside the Army Navy Club to see if I could spot some Naval officers coming out and try to talk to a few. Some looked at my crazy but a few were really helpful.
laugh.gif

But people trying to enlist goodluck... people trying to use that degree to go Officer R.I.P you vs the rest of the world.
That's my attitude towards this whole situation and probably the most motivating factor of all.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
The competition/selectivity is awesome and I've enjoyed doing everything I can to get in. I've worked/networked like all hell to get every officer I can to notice and potentially back me.  I'm a realist and can accept not getting picked up but I'll be damned if I didn't say I tried.
laugh.gif

When I interned in the House of Reps last summer, I would go down to the Navy liaison office in the next building over and talk with some of the officer policy fellows about the Navy. When I worked off of Farragut Square, I would post up outside the Army Navy Club to see if I could spot some Naval officers coming out and try to talk to a few. Some looked at my crazy but a few were really helpful.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

I feel you on it. I just hope they like me. I've done the best I can thus far, I just hope things work for me. Are you an Officer by any chance? If I knew what I know now when I was a freshman, I would've joined Navy ROTC
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
. Such is life though
Nah, Im enlisted, e-4 (SPC) in the army.. I was bummed choosing the army over college, seeing everyone get that piece of paper like it was nothing. It ate me up, but now seeing everyone getting a degree, but having no job then they come over to the military to go officer.. Not to hate on you guys, But yeah the military did a complete 180, it will be tough to be chosen, you just gotta break the chain, i wish you best.. keep your options open and Don't let the military screw you..
Every says that, what exactly does it mean? Are the recruiters straight up lying or do they screw you over job-wise or where you get stationed?
They embellish.. like when go officer, they choose your duty station. Depending how you rank on the top of your class you get to choose your duty station and MOS. But recruiters will b.s. you, make sure everything is in writing. Your going officer, they will take there time on you, and not put any energy into you.. if you slightly disagree with what they say, there like ok, cool... on to the next one.. Does the military NEED you? Nope. Do They Want You? Ehh Sorta. Believe it or not... I'm sure McDonalds needs you more than the military does.

Originally Posted by Ahh73k

A No-Go? Explain

I feel you on it. I just hope they like me. I've done the best I can thus far, I just hope things work for me. Are you an Officer by any chance? If I knew what I know now when I was a freshman, I would've joined Navy ROTC
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
. Such is life though
Nah, Im enlisted, e-4 (SPC) in the army.. I was bummed choosing the army over college, seeing everyone get that piece of paper like it was nothing. It ate me up, but now seeing everyone getting a degree, but having no job then they come over to the military to go officer.. Not to hate on you guys, But yeah the military did a complete 180, it will be tough to be chosen, you just gotta break the chain, i wish you best.. keep your options open and Don't let the military screw you..
Every says that, what exactly does it mean? Are the recruiters straight up lying or do they screw you over job-wise or where you get stationed?
They embellish.. like when go officer, they choose your duty station. Depending how you rank on the top of your class you get to choose your duty station and MOS. But recruiters will b.s. you, make sure everything is in writing. Your going officer, they will take there time on you, and not put any energy into you.. if you slightly disagree with what they say, there like ok, cool... on to the next one.. Does the military NEED you? Nope. Do They Want You? Ehh Sorta. Believe it or not... I'm sure McDonalds needs you more than the military does.

A No-Go? Explain

@KidFiasco...My LO Recruiter with the AF has been putting a good amount of energy into me. He's called me at least four times before I realized who it was calling me from an unknown number. He e-mailed me numerous times with Pre-Qualification sheets and trying to set up our meeting. What surprised me the most was the fact that he called me and chose to set-up an appointment with me after I filled out only the first page of a six page Pre-Qual Sheet. So, when he called me he asked me what was up with that and I explained to him that the last five pages didn't download to my computer. I did send him my resume and cover letter to initiate contact with him and he e-mailed me the Pre-Qual Sheet about a week after that. I completed that sheet the next day and he told me it'd take two weeks to process and then we could schedule an appointment, but he got back to me within a week. I'm taking all of this as a very good sign. He had a sense of urgency when he talked about me taking my AFOQT and getting my application complete and ready for the board. He also used very certain language about me making it into OTS and graduating and from there getting my first assignment. The only thing left for me to really get together is to score high on the AFOQT (I just bought the two ARCO prep books) and present to MEPS in good shape. My resume is solid and strong, my letters of recommendation will be very strong, and my GPA is nearly perfect. I have no doubt this is my calling and is going to happen for but I continue in prayer.

@KidFiasco...My LO Recruiter with the AF has been putting a good amount of energy into me. He's called me at least four times before I realized who it was calling me from an unknown number. He e-mailed me numerous times with Pre-Qualification sheets and trying to set up our meeting. What surprised me the most was the fact that he called me and chose to set-up an appointment with me after I filled out only the first page of a six page Pre-Qual Sheet. So, when he called me he asked me what was up with that and I explained to him that the last five pages didn't download to my computer. I did send him my resume and cover letter to initiate contact with him and he e-mailed me the Pre-Qual Sheet about a week after that. I completed that sheet the next day and he told me it'd take two weeks to process and then we could schedule an appointment, but he got back to me within a week. I'm taking all of this as a very good sign. He had a sense of urgency when he talked about me taking my AFOQT and getting my application complete and ready for the board. He also used very certain language about me making it into OTS and graduating and from there getting my first assignment. The only thing left for me to really get together is to score high on the AFOQT (I just bought the two ARCO prep books) and present to MEPS in good shape. My resume is solid and strong, my letters of recommendation will be very strong, and my GPA is nearly perfect. I have no doubt this is my calling and is going to happen for but I continue in prayer.

A No-Go? Explain
Your basically a police officer for the Army. On base they issue speeding tickets or citations to fellow soldiers. Everybody hates that. As far as being deployed, you are correct with helping the 11b with detaining people.

A No-Go? Explain
Your basically a police officer for the Army. On base they issue speeding tickets or citations to fellow soldiers. Everybody hates that. As far as being deployed, you are correct with helping the 11b with detaining people.

The Kid Fiasco wrot

A No-Go? Explain

In garrison, I hate being an MP, when I finish this tour, im gonna try to score k-9, I know people that are in it, and my backgrounds solid.. nothing but good things from my chain of command... But MP being deployed/ the field aspect is
pimp.gif
. I love the thrill.. its an adrenaline rush. But im the army isn't for me.. i plan on getting out.

The Kid Fiasco wrot

A No-Go? Explain

In garrison, I hate being an MP, when I finish this tour, im gonna try to score k-9, I know people that are in it, and my backgrounds solid.. nothing but good things from my chain of command... But MP being deployed/ the field aspect is
pimp.gif
. I love the thrill.. its an adrenaline rush. But im the army isn't for me.. i plan on getting out.

Regarding OTS, I realize that there are about five different pieces of the admissions process and the AFOQT only being one. Does anyone know if an interview is also one? I already sat down for about an hour and a half with my LO Recruiter, but is there another "interview" with him or anyone else that I should be prepared for?

Regarding OTS, I realize that there are about five different pieces of the admissions process and the AFOQT only being one. Does anyone know if an interview is also one? I already sat down for about an hour and a half with my LO Recruiter, but is there another "interview" with him or anyone else that I should be prepared for?

for officer yes...depending on your designator. your recruiter should be informing you if they are a good recruiter^

for officer yes...depending on your designator. your recruiter should be informing you if they are a good recruiter^

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Will it most likely be with the Squadron Commander or someone of superior rank to my LO Recruiter?

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Will it most likely be with the Squadron Commander or someone of superior rank to my LO Recruiter?

Back
Top Bottom