The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

So if I can't get into OTS is it a waist of time enlisting? I hear I would start out as an E3 since I have a degree.

By Enlisting they put you in a job that they need or they give you job options?

I know after 4 years I would have the option of becoming an Officer.

So if I can't get into OTS is it a waist of time enlisting? I hear I would start out as an E3 since I have a degree.

im 22 and im going to a recruit and enlisting as soon as i get my g.e.d..smh

i want to join the army infantry.

how good in shape does one have to be?...right now i jog 6-8 miles early in the day and at night another 4-7, gotta beef up though.

how good in shape does one have to be?...right now i jog 6-8 miles early in the day and at night another 4-7, gotta beef up though.

Originally Posted by Demps

are you running that much to get ready for the Army or are you just an avid runner? 10-15 miles per day is alot of running to be doing

are you running that much to get ready for the Army or are you just an avid runner? 10-15 miles per day is alot of running to be doing

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Not a waste of time, it will be different, but you always have the option of becoming an officer.  What branch are you interested in?

Not a waste of time, it will be different, but you always have the option of becoming an officer.  What branch are you interested in?

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

Im in the Marine infantry, and at no point in my life before I joined could I ever run 6-8 miles, so you are well ahead of the curve.  As far as beefing up, pushups and pullups are the primary focus

Im in the Marine infantry, and at no point in my life before I joined could I ever run 6-8 miles, so you are well ahead of the curve.  As far as beefing up, pushups and pullups are the primary focus

Originally Posted by solarius49

AIR FORCE.
I see they give you a hair cut when you get to basic training, LOL dudes only cutting against the grain? Gon mess up my spinners smh

Originally Posted by solarius49

AIR FORCE.
I see they give you a hair cut when you get to basic training, LOL dudes only cutting against the grain? Gon mess up my spinners smh

I'm leavin for basic in September and just came back from pt a lot of folks are out of shape mane I'm not though, but I'm trying to get top marks physical wise when they test me in basic what would yall recommend?

I'm leavin for basic in September and just came back from pt a lot of folks are out of shape mane I'm not though, but I'm trying to get top marks physical wise when they test me in basic what would yall recommend?

Originally Posted by taymane23

actually I'm interested in some training tips as well. any advise especially Marine Corps training regiments?

my army friend recommended 60-120s for endurance (sprint for 60 seconds, jog for 2 mins).

actually I'm interested in some training tips as well. any advise especially Marine Corps training regiments?

my army friend recommended 60-120s for endurance (sprint for 60 seconds, jog for 2 mins).

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

The best thing can tell you for training for the Marines is to put some heavy stuff in a backpack and go running with that.  You will do ALOT of PT while wearing gear, but honestly PT isnt even remotely a main focus in bootcamp.  Marine bootcamp is more tailored towards developing discipline and customs and courtesies.  During the whole 3 month bootcamp, dont be surprised if you dont PT 10 times total.....now the quarterdeck is a different story altogether 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

The best thing can tell you for training for the Marines is to put some heavy stuff in a backpack and go running with that.  You will do ALOT of PT while wearing gear, but honestly PT isnt even remotely a main focus in bootcamp.  Marine bootcamp is more tailored towards developing discipline and customs and courtesies.  During the whole 3 month bootcamp, dont be surprised if you dont PT 10 times total.....now the quarterdeck is a different story altogether 
mad.gif

I guess you can say im an avid runner..I just love running, helps me clear my mind.

I read in one of the links one of you gents provided that the army only accepts 10% g.e.d. applicants, is that going to be a problem?

I guess you can say im an avid runner..I just love running, helps me clear my mind.

I read in one of the links one of you gents provided that the army only accepts 10% g.e.d. applicants, is that going to be a problem?

Back
Top Bottom