The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Just curious, why is Korea a likely place to get stationed if you want overseas? I'm considering putting it down on my dream sheet when i fill it out in the future.

its a 1 year tour, and you get to choose your base of preference after (minimum of 4 choices) one of your choices most of the time is guaranteed

Wanna go in after graduating college next semester, AF officer may be a long shot even though I know I can score high on the ASVAB. How would I be wasting my talent by straight up enlisting?
You wouldn't be wasting your "talents", you'd be taking a pay cut and doing a different job.

I believe all of the armed forces branches give you opportunities (i.e. Green to Gold...etc.) to switch over to Officer from the Enlisted side. At least the Army does. It benefits you to do well on the Asvab regardless of what your plans are. It'll help you when trying to change jobs, or special assignments. Also apply for a Top Secret clearance as soon as possible. It'll open up more opportunities for cool assignments.

Good Luck

its a 1 year tour, and you get to choose your base of preference after (minimum of 4 choices) one of your choices most of the time is guaranteed

Is it a 1 year tour regardless of branch. As far as i know Air Force only has six month deployments.

2 of my buddies are over there right now, and they said it is a year. They LOVE it too for some reason.

sn. I think I decided to join the Army Reserves. I think they will give me Sgt if I stay in the infantry since I'm a prior service Corporal in the Marines. I just gotta get my pee clean :rofl:

Is it a 1 year tour regardless of branch. As far as i know Air Force only has six month deployments.
as far as Air Force it all depends on what your doin. most airforce 365 tours are volunteer status. Commanders are 365's, flyers range from 60-120days. Pj's 120, regular support guys are usually 6 months, TACPs or CCT folks attached to army or joint components usually have the choice of staying the whole tour. Me personally ive deployed 45 days, 6 months, 8 months, all depends on the job and who you work with..

Last edited:

as far as Air Force it all depends on what your doin. most airforce 365 tours are volunteer status. Commanders are 365's, flyers range from 60-120days. Pj's 120, regular support guys are usually 6 months, TACPs or CCT folks attached to army or joint components usually have the choice of staying the whole tour. Me personally ive deployed 45 days, 6 months, 8 months, all depends on the job and who you work with..

I see, i'd really like to go to a new country so putting down South Korea is tempting. I landed a 3D job so it's computers i'm gonna be working with. My #1 is gonna be Germany so if i have to do Korea in order to get one of my top 4 spots it might be worth it.

Last edited:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 PJ's

When ***it Hits The Fan And You Need To Get Your Casualties Out..These Are The Guys You Call..

One of the toughest jobs in the Air Force (washout 90%) 2 Years Of Training

:pimp: :pimp:  PJ's

When ***it Hits The Fan And You Need To Get Your Casualties Out..These Are The Guys You Call..
One of the toughest jobs in the Air Force (washout 90%) 2 Years Of Training

dope :smokin

I've missed the military alot since I got out of the Marines, so I've been talking to my local Army Reserve recruiter. I think I'll be going back in as a combat engineer...Sappers course :smokin

or a combat medic, because I definitely sucked a tying knots in recon school

Last edited:
I see, i'd really like to go to a new country so putting down South Korea is tempting. I landed a 3D job so it's computers i'm gonna be working with. My #1 is gonna be Germany so if i have to do Korea in order to get one of my top 4 spots it might be worth it.
Germany is awsome, been there 3 years now
glasses.gif
 The AF instalations in Ktown/Ramstien are way better then where I am. If you get Germany you will not be dissappointed. Unless you buy J's cause the euro pushes the $160.00 price to a little over $200.

Germany is awsome, been there 3 years now8)  The AF instalations in Ktown/Ramstien are way better then where I am. If you get Germany you will not be dissappointed. Unless you buy J's cause the euro pushes the $160.00 price to a little over $200.

Thanks, yeah i have family roots in Germany so it's a country i've always wanted to visit. I'm really hoping i get there sometime during my military career. I'm good on J's, haven't bought a pair in years.

I'm trying to go back into the military. I'm trying to see if I can convince the National Guard to give me Sgt, since I got out of the Marines as a Cpl

Army Reserves didnt sound appealing enough, since they dont have any infantry or combat jobs

Thanks, yeah i have family roots in Germany so it's a country i've always wanted to visit. I'm really hoping i get there sometime during my military career. I'm good on J's, haven't bought a pair in years
Oh ok,  It's a great opportunity to be a part of the Armed forces in Europe. It's very interesting to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom