The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

It has nothing to do with mentality. I've served with female Marines who got attached to infantry units, and they were mentally tough enough. The question is, if I get shot, will they be able to firemans carry me and my gear out of harms way? I'm 175, plus I usually have another 75 lbs worth of gear on me. Nah I dont think so

....so you think there are no women that can handle that load?

...ever see Crossfit competitions?

Decisions decisions... My ETS is OCT14 and I dont know if I should get out or not. I want to join the CHP if I get out but Its not certain if ill get the job.

Im currently deployed and they want people to start reeinlisting like a year and some change out. :smh:

Decisions decisions... My ETS is OCT14 and I dont know if I should get out or not. I want to join the CHP if I get out but Its not certain if ill get the job.

Im currently deployed and they want people to start reeinlisting like a year and some change out. :smh:

Just extend your contract out a year it will fence you in at the duty station you in but it gives you time to make your choice i have friends who have done this

It has nothing to do with mentality. I've served with female Marines who got attached to infantry units, and they were mentally tough enough. The question is, if I get shot, will they be able to firemans carry me and my gear out of harms way? I'm 175, plus I usually have another 75 lbs worth of gear on me. Nah I dont think so

....so you think there are no women that can handle that load?

...ever see Crossfit competitions?

the fact that you think thats the same thing lets me know you've never been a grunt (and thats ok, there is NOTHING wrong with that).

But I'm sure there are women who could handle that, but I wouldn't PREFER it. Womens crossfit competitions dont involve them carrying 200+ pounds over several miles...its just unrealistic

Is it bad i know most the other branches wish they were in the Air force
My advice is don't join any of the branches if you're a free thinker or have any mind of your own. Plus all the non sense that comes with this line of work is not even worth the money that they pay you. And don't get me started on the fellow personnel.

I can't wait until this deployment is over with. Im on a super FOB right now and its too packed for my liking. Only 3 weeks to go.. Woossaaah!

My advice is don't join any of the branches if you're a free thinker or have any mind of your own. Plus all the non sense that comes with this line of work is not even worth the money that they pay you. And don't get me started on the fellow personnel.

I agree its the same in the army

I agree its the same in the army

the fact that you think thats the same thing lets me know you've never been a grunt (and thats ok, there is NOTHING wrong with that).

But I'm sure there are women who could handle that, but I wouldn't PREFER it. Womens crossfit competitions dont involve them carrying 200+ pounds over several miles...its just unrealistic

....never said it was the same thing. that tells me you missed my point.

...point is, females ARE physically capable. and if the physical standards of these types of combat positions stays the same, and isnt downgraded for women there should be no issues.

WORST.
ADVICE.
EVER.

some people use this same nonsense as a reason to never goto college btw.

the military can be a fast track to a lucrative career in a box.....IF you do your research, get on your grind and hustle.

WORST.
ADVICE.
EVER.

the military can be a fast track to a lucrative career in a box.....IF you do your research, get on your grind and hustle.
Best advice ever... The services have you dying for what?? Just so they can get some oil?? Naw ill pass I ain't no pawn and not fighting for no government personal interest.... That's what homeboy mean... You gotta think

Best advice ever... The services have you dying for what?? Just so they can get some oil?? Naw ill pass I ain't no pawn and not fighting for no government personal interest.... That's what homeboy mean... You gotta think

im glad you said that. THINK right?

there are a plethora of jobs in the military that NEVER see combat.

THINK.

but you wouldnt know because youve never be in.

stop letting the tv THINK for you.

a plethora of jobs that do nothing but clock in M-F and are never in harms way in some warzone.

in order to get one of these jobs one has to THINK. and not just sign up for anything.

Yeah O know u can hold lil lights for the planes taking off, firefighter...... I know cuz, I scored pretty high on the asvab too but I just don't see myself doing that... But only to travel

But as far as I see it... Why do alot of ppl who come from the ghetto like I do go to the service.. or alot of ppl I know signed because they couldn't make it in college dropped out and didn't want to amount to nothing so they join the service just to feel like they doing something.... Or white kids from suburbs who want to go kill ppl legally

But as far as I see it... Why do alot of ppl who come from the ghetto like I do go to the service.. or alot of ppl I know signed because they couldn't make it in college dropped out and didn't want to amount to nothing so they join the service just to feel like they doing something.... Or white kids from suburbs who want to go kill ppl legally

Why does it matter?

Because u get to get an idea of who are the sheep's and who are leaders.... Not everybody think for them selves and see outside of the box... Always stuck in the media's cloud and just up n go join the service.... Dummies... Who ain't got **** going for themselves
Why does it matter?

all i know is, as a prior military member, i feel obligated to keep 100 to young folks seeking enlistment.

i feel uncomfortable telling them dont join because your life is on the line because i know that isnt 100% accurate.

i mean in the military EVERYONE is a target regardless of where you are, but were talking about combat....front lines. i wouldnt advise anyone to sign up for that unless they had to.

But most vets like u are only interested in seeing youngings sign their life away... Just like those rotc instructor always acting like they got the best interest for u but looking for a bonus
all i know is, as a prior military member, i feel obligated to keep 100 to young folks seeking enlistment.

i feel uncomfortable telling them dont join because your life is on the line because i know that isnt 100% accurate.

i mean in the military EVERYONE is a target regardless of where you are, but were talking about combat....front lines. i wouldnt advise anyone to sign up for that unless they had to.

WORST.
ADVICE.
EVER.

Some people enjoy the infantry though. I was an infantryman, and there is no job I would rather do...it was a pretty good time, although there were alot of ****** ones too. I scored a 78 on the ASVAB, so I could have chosen a different MOS. I wish I wouldn't have failed out of Recon School. If I could do it all over again, I might have chosen Intel or Tanker.

Seasoned Vet, if you could do the whole military experience over again, is there anything you would have done different.

Because u get to get an idea of who are the sheep's and who are leaders.... Not everybody think for them selves and see outside of the box... Always stuck in the media's cloud and just up n go join the service.... Dummies... Who ain't got **** going for themselves
Why does it matter?

Yeah O know u can hold lil lights for the planes taking off, firefighter...... I know cuz, I scored pretty high on the asvab too but I just don't see myself doing that... But only to travel

WORST.
ADVICE.
EVER.

But most vets like u are only interested in seeing youngings sign their life away... Just like those rotc instructor always acting like they got the best interest for u but looking for a bonus

is this dude trolling this thread?

Some people enjoy the infantry though. I was an infantryman, and there is no job I would rather do...it was a pretty good time, although there were alot of ****** ones too. I scored a 78 on the ASVAB, so I could have chosen a different MOS. I wish I wouldn't have failed out of Recon School. If I could do it all over again, I might have chosen Intel or Tanker.

oh no doubt.

there are some people that choose infantry as a family tradition. or tgey feel obligated the the country, or whatever.

i just wouldnt advise anyone to do it. its fully up to them. but if they asked me, id never say "you should go in infantry". NEVER.

Seasoned Vet, if you could do the whole military experience over again, is there anything you would have done different.

i did electronics calibration in the military....did just 4 years.

that little 4 years landed me a federal civilian position first with DHS for 7 years @ $25/hr, then with the airforce making $25/hr as well. for a total of 11 years federal service.

thats hardly anything to complain about or want to change for someone without a college degree.

if anything, as marketable as electronics skills are i wish i had known about being a BioMed tech, which is the same job i did in the military just the medical equivalent. which is even MORE marketable.

something in the computer field

and other than that possibly gave a longer look at becoming an officer.

Last edited:
im glad you said that. THINK right?

there are a plethora of jobs in the military that NEVER see combat.

THINK.

but you wouldnt know because youve never be in.

stop letting the tv THINK for you.

a plethora of jobs that do nothing but clock in M-F and are never in harms way in some warzone.

in order to get one of these jobs one has to THINK. and not just sign up for anything.

This is what i did. I did so much research on what job i wanted to do before i even saw an Air Force recruiter and i looked only at jobs that would be marketable when i get out of the service. Landed the computer/tech job i wanted and i leave for basic in a couple months. Whenever people think Army/Marines they think of infantry jobs. So many other jobs/MOS's out there that don't see a single day of combat in the four years of service they put in. When people found out i joined the Air Force they said oh sweet, what kind of planes will you be flying? I believe only 5% of Air Force members are pilots not to mention having to be an officer to be a pilot. Just shows how uneducated people are regarding the military and what jobs can be had if you just put a little effort and research into what's available to you.

That's not really a fair assessment. A lot of people mature and create a way of life for themselves and their families by joining the military. I think it's a great option for people who may not have anything going for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom