The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

^ to my knowledge it is whatever officer in the designator you are applying for...ie if you are applying for intel you will interview with an intel officer...at least thats how it works for navy. not too sure about af.

^ to my knowledge it is whatever officer in the designator you are applying for...ie if you are applying for intel you will interview with an intel officer...at least thats how it works for navy. not too sure about af.

@Solewoman, thanks for the info. They give us three options on our application and the only two I've put down so far are Public Affairs and Services. I have yet to pick a third. My LOR was pushing PA as my first choice and gave me the impression that it would be a very good fit for me. I'm just really looking forward to taking the AFOQT and getting my application submitted. Once all that is set I know I'll have a strong application package to present to the February Board. Working on my PT reqs right now and studying for the AFOQT. I'm going to actually study the Flight and Navigation sections too in hopes of boosting my overall score and therefore to become more attractive to the Board.

@Solewoman, thanks for the info. They give us three options on our application and the only two I've put down so far are Public Affairs and Services. I have yet to pick a third. My LOR was pushing PA as my first choice and gave me the impression that it would be a very good fit for me. I'm just really looking forward to taking the AFOQT and getting my application submitted. Once all that is set I know I'll have a strong application package to present to the February Board. Working on my PT reqs right now and studying for the AFOQT. I'm going to actually study the Flight and Navigation sections too in hopes of boosting my overall score and therefore to become more attractive to the Board.

I would like to take this time to congratulate our very own AR Guy for receiving his Commission today as an United States Military Officer. Sir, I truly wish the best for you and your career. You will be faced with many tough decisions, and have more and more responsibilities as your career progresses, but I have a feeling that you will be a stellar leader.

I would like to take this time to congratulate our very own AR Guy for receiving his Commission today as an United States Military Officer. Sir, I truly wish the best for you and your career. You will be faced with many tough decisions, and have more and more responsibilities as your career progresses, but I have a feeling that you will be a stellar leader.

Congrats AR guy. dude has answered many questions for me. i went to talk to an enlisted recruiter today. still waiting on word from my officer pkg though.

Congrats AR guy. dude has answered many questions for me. i went to talk to an enlisted recruiter today. still waiting on word from my officer pkg though.

Talked to my recruiter on Friday. Says that he's got no info on when the next boards will be although they will be after October 1st. Have any of you guys heard anything definitive about when the next boards will be?

Talked to my recruiter on Friday. Says that he's got no info on when the next boards will be although they will be after October 1st. Have any of you guys heard anything definitive about when the next boards will be?

Talked to an Army and Navy recruiter today, and the Army recruiter seemed more straight forward. I take my ASVAB on Monday and the recruiter was trying to get me to do processing on Tuesday. I THINK I'd pass my piss test, but I'm not too sure so I'm gonna try to wait another week to do all of that. Any advice from some Army heads?

Talked to an Army and Navy recruiter today, and the Army recruiter seemed more straight forward. I take my ASVAB on Monday and the recruiter was trying to get me to do processing on Tuesday. I THINK I'd pass my piss test, but I'm not too sure so I'm gonna try to wait another week to do all of that. Any advice from some Army heads?

Originally Posted by SdotCAR619

make ABSOLUTELY sure you pass that test.
USN btw

make ABSOLUTELY sure you pass that test.
USN btw

Originally Posted by egaroc1

make ABSOLUTELY sure you base that test.
USN btw
Base? 
Can anybody tell me what the Army's equivalent to the Navy's IT?

USN btw
Base? 

USN btw
Base? 

lol
laugh.gif

i was half way asleep when i wrote that, but i meant pass.
ohwell.gif

We have IT's also in the navy.
Not sure how long their A school is tho.

USN btw
Base? 

lol
laugh.gif

i was half way asleep when i wrote that, but i meant pass.
ohwell.gif

We have IT's also in the navy.
Not sure how long their A school is tho.

A school is about 23 weeks...i think. thats what it is for CTN at least.

IT as in information technology right?

A school is about 23 weeks...i think. thats what it is for CTN at least.

IT as in information technology right?

Yeah, a couple of my boys are IT's in the Navy, but I'm really not trying to wait in DEP and the Navy's wait is like 9 months. I'm in a real bad situation in San Diego right now and I want to get out and see other places right now. Plus, the Navy recruiters didn't seem interested in helping me at all.

SoleWoman - Information Technology, you are correct.

Back
Top Bottom