The Official Mortal Kombat 9 Thread

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

^It also got 8 out of 10 on IGN and 8 out of 10 from the Official Xbox Magazine. Looks to be same ol' Mortal Kombat: Making gore and not gameplay its selling point. It worked in the 90s because I kept playing it just to see the fatalities, but today, I can easily see them all on Youtube. Therefore, easy pass for me.

laugh.gif
@ "Game Of the Year". SSFIV >>>>>> this
Here we go again
indifferent.gif
  I think this guy just salty because he sucks in Mortal Kombat. All he ever does is bash MK like a lil kid. He doesnt bring anything constructive in this thread. I bet you ill own him in ssf4 easy
roll.gif

.......Seems to me that this guy is worried that mk is taking some ssf4 limelight
laugh.gif

^It also got 8 out of 10 on IGN and 8 out of 10 from the Official Xbox Magazine. Looks to be same ol' Mortal Kombat: Making gore and not gameplay its selling point. It worked in the 90s because I kept playing it just to see the fatalities, but today, I can easily see them all on Youtube. Therefore, easy pass for me.

laugh.gif
@ "Game Of the Year". SSFIV >>>>>> this
Here we go again
indifferent.gif
  I think this guy just salty because he sucks in Mortal Kombat. All he ever does is bash MK like a lil kid. He doesnt bring anything constructive in this thread. I bet you ill own him in ssf4 easy
roll.gif

.......Seems to me that this guy is worried that mk is taking some ssf4 limelight
laugh.gif

"Looks to be
same ol' Mortal Kombat"

laugh.gif
Thats a bit hypocritical coming from a SF fan. Capcom is releasing the same damn game for the third time.

The finishing moves are just the icing on the cake. NRS is giving the fans everything they wanted. Not the second or third time around...
The ONLY complaint I've heard from ANYONE besides you is that they didn't include Rain. Yet.
laugh.gif

Whatever helps make it an "easy pass" for you I guess.

"Looks to be
same ol' Mortal Kombat"

laugh.gif
Thats a bit hypocritical coming from a SF fan. Capcom is releasing the same damn game for the third time.

The finishing moves are just the icing on the cake. NRS is giving the fans everything they wanted. Not the second or third time around...
The ONLY complaint I've heard from ANYONE besides you is that they didn't include Rain. Yet.
laugh.gif

Whatever helps make it an "easy pass" for you I guess.

SSFIV is actually not insanely different from SSFII Turbo. Except that unlike in Mortal Kombat, that isn't a bad thing. But that's only because SF's gameplay is timeless and all it needs is graphical upgrades and some minor additions.
laugh.gif
@ comparing MK to SF, though. Not even close.

To be fair, at least this time MK has SOME gameplay variation to it, unlike the primitive and extremely one-dimensional scam gameplay of the 90s MK games that took no time to develop because developers probably spent 15 minutes on individuality of characters. Where all characters were equally quick, could jump equally high, were almost all equally tall and wide and all had the exact same basic moves with down + high punch and back + low kick being the classic whored to the extreme moves for all characters because it was effective the same for all characters.

The new MK is an improvement, but nothing special.

SSFIV is actually not insanely different from SSFII Turbo. Except that unlike in Mortal Kombat, that isn't a bad thing. But that's only because SF's gameplay is timeless and all it needs is graphical upgrades and some minor additions.
laugh.gif

To be fair, at least this time MK has SOME gameplay variation to it, unlike the primitive and extremely one-dimensional scam gameplay of the 90s MK games that took no time to develop because developers probably spent 15 minutes on individuality of characters. Where all characters were equally quick, could jump equally high, were almost all equally tall and wide and all had the exact same basic moves with down + high punch and back + low kick being the classic whored to the extreme moves for all characters because it was effective the same for all characters.

laugh.gif

Oh.
Anyways, game is awesome y'all  
pimp.gif
 felt lke a boss getting my first online victory 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Oh.
Anyways, game is awesome y'all  
pimp.gif
 felt lke a boss getting my first online victory 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Sideshow bob

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
It's like his Lebron >Kobe arguments in the sports forum.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

MK didn't start off has a competitive fighter but by UMK3 it was a legit fighter. Unlike Street Fighter, MK actually has lore and history. I would say MK has SF beat in terms of Presentation, Story, Game Modes, Kharacters, with gameplay depending on which you prefer. This game is a love letter to the fans, something Capcom would NEVER DO. If this was Capcom they would make you pay for alternative costumes, pay for fatalties, etc. 

When it comes to having fun it isn't even close, MK has SF beat by miles. There's just too much to do in MK games, especially this one. This is what a $60 fighting game should look like in 2011, a FULL GAME. I  love the technical game play of SF but I wouldn't call it timeless, it's a little boring and I know you didn't call MK generic because of the pallet swap ninjas. 
laugh.gif
Almost every character in SF shoots a projectile and has the same input as every other character. 

laugh.gif

MK didn't start off has a competitive fighter but by UMK3 it was a legit fighter. Unlike Street Fighter, MK actually has lore and history. I would say MK has SF beat in terms of Presentation, Story, Game Modes, Kharacters, with gameplay depending on which you prefer. This game is a love letter to the fans, something Capcom would NEVER DO. If this was Capcom they would make you pay for alternative costumes, pay for fatalties, etc. 

When it comes to having fun it isn't even close, MK has SF beat by miles. There's just too much to do in MK games, especially this one. This is what a $60 fighting game should look like in 2011, a FULL GAME. I  love the technical game play of SF but I wouldn't call it timeless, it's a little boring and I know you didn't call MK generic because of the pallet swap ninjas. 
laugh.gif
Almost every character in SF shoots a projectile and has the same input as every other character. 

street fighter has a much deeper system and i do enjoy it more than mk. but this game is just flat out fun. they need to patch king of the hill though every maych is really laggy. i played a friend who lives close by and i played fairly lag free. but when i had a lobby going the connection declined significantly.

street fighter has a much deeper system and i do enjoy it more than mk. but this game is just flat out fun. they need to patch king of the hill though every maych is really laggy. i played a friend who lives close by and i played fairly lag free. but when i had a lobby going the connection declined significantly.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Isn't this the self-proclaimed weed head pill head? I know this guy is on a lot of drugs so it's not surprising that everything he says makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. 

Originally Posted by jbone2308

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Isn't this the self-proclaimed weed head pill head? I know this guy is on a lot of drugs so it's not surprising that everything he says makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. 

Might pick this up after work.
Hope the gameplay is like MK2 or MK3.
The last one I copped was that horrid 3D MK4.

Back
Top Bottom