The Official Mortal Kombat 9 Thread

Originally Posted by gumsoul410

It doesn't look like they spent much time and detail on Smoke based off his VS screen

I think it looks clean. Im sure his alternate will be rockin a skin tight hood like in UMK3.

Originally Posted by gumsoul410

It doesn't look like they spent much time and detail on Smoke based off his VS screen

I think it looks clean. Im sure his alternate will be rockin a skin tight hood like in UMK3.

You know why I don't like fighting games? It's the same reason I never play exhibition mode n 2k11. There's no ulterior goal usually. I mean competing is fun, but what do you compete FOR with these games? Unlockable content is only as fun as the next character you unlock. Tekken made that interesting, I admit.

But as far as story lines go, all of these games remind me of Goosebumps choose your own ending books. That was cool when I was younger, but I'm not satiated with multiple choice plot lines these days. A little continuity would be nice as well. Can ANYBODY actually make sense out of the Mortal Kombat plot so far, or are you just playing it to play it? All this "Such and such happened 7,000,000 years ago!" trash is too far fetched. Sure, we're dealing with aliens, fireballs, soul snatchers, wraiths, and everything in the middle... but come on folks. I just spent 30 minutes reading the most fractured and incoherent plot I've ever read. And I only got to MK 3..
30t6p3b.gif

Someone address this issue for me, please.

You know why I don't like fighting games? It's the same reason I never play exhibition mode n 2k11. There's no ulterior goal usually. I mean competing is fun, but what do you compete FOR with these games? Unlockable content is only as fun as the next character you unlock. Tekken made that interesting, I admit.

But as far as story lines go, all of these games remind me of Goosebumps choose your own ending books. That was cool when I was younger, but I'm not satiated with multiple choice plot lines these days. A little continuity would be nice as well. Can ANYBODY actually make sense out of the Mortal Kombat plot so far, or are you just playing it to play it? All this "Such and such happened 7,000,000 years ago!" trash is too far fetched. Sure, we're dealing with aliens, fireballs, soul snatchers, wraiths, and everything in the middle... but come on folks. I just spent 30 minutes reading the most fractured and incoherent plot I've ever read. And I only got to MK 3..
30t6p3b.gif

With all Shadow themed wallpapers, this feature is a silhouette of what has always ended up being one of the character's in game fatalities. The green aura of the image plays off the sorcerer's soul stealing powers, a trick he seems to be performing on his victim. Given the lack of details on the character in this teaser image, we're unable to tell conclusively what age Shang Tsung is at this juncture, as he has appeared both in his older Mortal Kombat 1 look in stages as well as a younger, Mortal Kombat 3 inspired look in standard gameplay. This is more than likely the former however given the facial hair and what is seemingly a robe attire.

Shang Tsung is the 6th character to receive this treatment. The others include Raiden, Liu Kang, Mileena, Sub-Zero and Scorpion. Stay tuned as these wallpapers usually indicated a series of features on the character, including character vignettes and gameplay trailers!

With all Shadow themed wallpapers, this feature is a silhouette of what has always ended up being one of the character's in game fatalities. The green aura of the image plays off the sorcerer's soul stealing powers, a trick he seems to be performing on his victim. Given the lack of details on the character in this teaser image, we're unable to tell conclusively what age Shang Tsung is at this juncture, as he has appeared both in his older Mortal Kombat 1 look in stages as well as a younger, Mortal Kombat 3 inspired look in standard gameplay. This is more than likely the former however given the facial hair and what is seemingly a robe attire.

Shang Tsung is the 6th character to receive this treatment. The others include Raiden, Liu Kang, Mileena, Sub-Zero and Scorpion. Stay tuned as these wallpapers usually indicated a series of features on the character, including character vignettes and gameplay trailers!

Originally Posted by peanut214

What I don't get is why did NRS decide to give quan chi his tattoos when he didn't get them until Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance ???? And he also has the amulet on his waist +*# !!!!!!!!! oh well
grin.gif
 quan chi is still one of my favorite villains.
pimp.gif

I didn't read any of the spoilers (and i dont plan to) but maybe it has something to do with the plot since it's an alternate timeline and whatnot 
nerd.gif

EDIT: and i take it back smoke actually looks kind of dope
smokin.gif
 those screens with the dragon made him look like Lucius Malfoy 
laugh.gif

What I don't get is why did NRS decide to give quan chi his tattoos when he didn't get them until Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance ???? And he also has the amulet on his waist +*# !!!!!!!!! oh well
grin.gif
 quan chi is still one of my favorite villains.
pimp.gif

I didn't read any of the spoilers (and i dont plan to) but maybe it has something to do with the plot since it's an alternate timeline and whatnot 
nerd.gif

EDIT: and i take it back smoke actually looks kind of dope
smokin.gif
 those screens with the dragon made him look like Lucius Malfoy 
laugh.gif

whats good with pre-order bonuses?

i know best buy, amazon, and gamestop all offer up retro reptile/subzero/scorpion outfits......any other incentives out there?

i know best buy, amazon, and gamestop all offer up retro reptile/subzero/scorpion outfits......any other incentives out there?

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

30t6p3b.gif

Well I will admit that im more into the gameplay when it comes to fighting games but when it comes to story plots Mortal Kombat >>>>>> any other fighting game. Thats the extra that comes with mortal kombat its the history that the game carries. I can see that you would be confused with the story plot because there's so many twist and turns in each different installment. Mortal Kombat is the only fighting game that I follow when it comes to story plots. But once you get all the endings and know the story it's the gameplay that counts the most because that will determine if the game reached its goal. I myself and many other OG MK heads know the story plot to MK2 and MK3 like the back of our hands but we still play because of how great the gameplay is. The gameplay in this new MK is like a breath of fresh air. I love it.
happy.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Well I will admit that im more into the gameplay when it comes to fighting games but when it comes to story plots Mortal Kombat >>>>>> any other fighting game. Thats the extra that comes with mortal kombat its the history that the game carries. I can see that you would be confused with the story plot because there's so many twist and turns in each different installment. Mortal Kombat is the only fighting game that I follow when it comes to story plots. But once you get all the endings and know the story it's the gameplay that counts the most because that will determine if the game reached its goal. I myself and many other OG MK heads know the story plot to MK2 and MK3 like the back of our hands but we still play because of how great the gameplay is. The gameplay in this new MK is like a breath of fresh air. I love it.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by presequel

Kollector's/Tournament Edition: Ermac
MK BluRay movie(s): Jade (PS3 only)
Gamestop: Scorpion
Best Buy: Sub-Zero
Amazon: Reptile
Wal-Mart: Mileena
Toys R Us: Kitana

Originally Posted by presequel

Kollector's/Tournament Edition: Ermac
MK BluRay movie(s): Jade (PS3 only)
Gamestop: Scorpion
Best Buy: Sub-Zero
Amazon: Reptile
Wal-Mart: Mileena
Toys R Us: Kitana

30t6p3b.gif

happy.gif

I find this incredibly hard to believe just based on surface encounters with all of the MK games.. please... pretty-please... do make sense of the plot for me if you can/have the time. I can almost navigate through Tekken lore, but the MK mythos is just way too murky to swim through.

30t6p3b.gif

happy.gif

I find this incredibly hard to believe just based on surface encounters with all of the MK games.. please... pretty-please... do make sense of the plot for me if you can/have the time. I can almost navigate through Tekken lore, but the MK mythos is just way too murky to swim through.

Goro and Kintaro know what's up. I'm assuming they're both casually gripping the family jewels southpaw style. That's like a go to move for chillin out on the couch, just waiting to fight some one to the death..or whatever..

Goro and Kintaro know what's up. I'm assuming they're both casually gripping the family jewels southpaw style. That's like a go to move for chillin out on the couch, just waiting to fight some one to the death..or whatever..

Back
Top Bottom