The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Lue even called a time out to specifically draw up a play so that Ezeli had to switch to Lebron out top.

Kerr's going to think about that stretch for months. He coached a little too casual this year. It bit him, finally. He'll be better coach for it

Kerr starting the second half with Barnes x Ezeil was dumb given how awful they were to start
Kerr leaving Varajo out in the 3rd and not stopping the warriors from trying to dump the ball inside to him was idiotic

Kerr basically had no respect for the Cavs and it cost him the title

Lakers win make the Finals in 1973.

Then they're right back in the WCF by '77 and win the title in '80 after picking up Magic and Kareem.

Lakers make the Finals in 1991. Magic retires.

7 years later, they're back in the WCF after picking up Shaq and Kobe.

Lakers win the title in 2010. Phil Jackson leaves, Lakers blow up their team, Kobe retires.

You don't think they'll be back in the WCF within 9 years?

You kidding me, of course the bet is on. Been living in LA 40+ years, we do it like no other franchise and we're gonna hang banners every decade because that's how the Buss family does it.
What?!?! Come on man. You guys going to get another Shaq and Kobe? They grow those on trees?

And now its 9 years? You said 2-3 years.

Which is it?

I sense......
Bro, it would benefit you to read carefully. 9 years from 2010, which is the last time the Lakers made it to either the WCF or Finals.

So for you to think that it will take the Lakers longer than a decade to build a contender shows me that you underestimate the organization and what it stands for.

Hey Casper, who's your favorite team?

Its absolutely irrelevant. Why is it important? Just know, I deal with clowns like you all the time here in So. California. I'll add you to the pile of homers I can;t stand. We could be fans of the same team. I'll call you out.

Anyone else pleasantly surprised by the officiating in game 7? It was a very difficult game to referee, but I don't remember seeing any big controversial calls. And I haven't seen Warriors fans complain about the officiating costing them this particular game at least, even though it was a very close game.
I want to preface this by saying I wanted a game 7 regardless of winner when this series started:

to ignore the imbalance of no calls and bad calls in this series is problematic. This game 7 should have been how the entire series was called, helping a limping cavs team over an existential crisis was shady and obvious. and it was an excellent game 7 because of it

Last edited:

You know I have love for OKC. Love their basketball. But it seems like its coming.

Hoping he stays with you guys.......

Its absolutely irrelevant. Why is it important? Just know, I deal with clowns like you all the time here in So. California. I'll add you to the pile of homers I can;t stand. We could be fans of the same team. I'll call you out.
Hahaha....it ain't important. But you won't say it because I'll probably call you out on your own team. And if I'm a clown, I'll put on a clown nose if you win the bet. But if I win the bet, you better be ready to get bashed...

Bro, it would benefit you to read carefully. 9 years from 2010, which is the last time the Lakers made it to either the WCF or Finals.

So for you to think that it will take the Lakers longer than a decade to build a contender shows me that you underestimate the organization and what it stands for.

to make it clear, I've been on record saying the Lakers are the best franchise in ALL of sports. The achievements they have under their belt are astounding.

BUT.......we're talking about making the WCF by 2019. All of what i think about the Lakers organization doesn't even matter after reading this statement by you

Unless you know something I don't know, which i know for a fact you don't, the Lakers ain't improving like that with this roster and spending money on players like Derozan. Keep putting your faith in Jim Buss and Kupchak. But hey, Kupchaks days could be numbered VERY soon now. Like 10 days soon. I'll suspect you'll be a happy camper and I'll come congratulate you.

But still, WCF ain't happening by 2019 son. You guys aren't even that close to being a comfortable playoff team

im from the bay area, raised here, but im prob the only non-warriors fan here.haha i never was and im not gonna act like i am since they have been good the past 2-3 years.

ive always been a bulls fan through the jordan years, and i was a little butt hurt when the warriors broke the record.

so lets just say im one of the few in the bay area celebrating the cavs win.

we are cut from the same cloth

View media item 2074556

I think it has more to do with GSW fans are in hiding right now.

Give it some time. The whining will come.

Just like the Curry slander will come in greater amounts.

He's going to be the new whipping boy.

Popcorn ready
I'm sure they'll complain about the other games + the Draymond suspension, but I can't see them complaining about the officiating in game 7.

Hahaha....it ain't important. But you won't say it because I'll probably call you out on your own team. And if I'm a clown, I'll put on a clown nose if you win the bet. But if I win the bet, you better be ready to get bashed...

I don't require clown nose. Just paypal me the $500 immediately. So is that the 2019-2020 season, or 2018-2019 season? I'll let you pick. 2018-2019 is technically 3 season from now. You said 2-3 years, I gave you that extra year so that I don't feel like a savage taking money from you.

As a matter of fact, you have until beginning of next season to take the bet off and pay me just half to get out.

Standing offer.

congrats to the cavs. what a comeback.

lebron is now a gawd in cleveland. a statue is being ordered tonight. he was on one that last 3 games. well deserved.

happy for my dude myrie. dude came through when the lights shined brightest. without kyrie, cavs dont even have a chance.

also happy for jr. after being passed around by teams, he found a good home.

congrats cavs and the land. youre finally champions.

Last edited:
I'm sure they'll complain about the other games + the Draymond suspension, but I can't see them complaining about the officiating in game 7.

but fail to admit the Cavs didn't have Kyrie or Love last year.

Its ok GSW fans, you guys are not use to all of this. Life came at you fast. BUT you do have the memories of last year, and still have a very bright future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom