The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is when people come out with the most outlandish comments you could imagine. Lakers will be back in 2-3 years, Kyrie better than Wade, etc.

Prisoners of the moment

This will be fun.

Last edited:
The day after...

It's gonna take a ton of time to wrap my head around last night. There's so much to absorb and reflect upon. Time and some distance will sort it out and eventually help w/ the clarity.

I just wanna focus on Raymone for a second on this. A seasoned *** hater like myself has to do it if we're trying to keep it 100 at all times.

I don't think it's hyperbole at all to say LeBron James reached the absolute zenith of the sports world for one night. Not just basketball. I'm talking all sports. Even if it was for a night or a few days or however long it lasts. Hate to sound overly dramatic, but how else do you describe it? He legitimately reached a special place only a handful of others can lay claim to. Safe to say he will never reach a higher peak for the rest of his career, but that's fine for him & his folks because that peak is transcendent. And he's only 31, man! That's what makes it cool as **** (gritting my teeth while typing this).

The weight of a singular game and what it meant for so many people, wow. Can't think of too many other things in the league that could match the spectacle. Closest thing the NBA's had to an actual Super Bowl. And he goes and does all that? Carrying all that mileage, in all those minutes? SALUTE.

I seriously doubt I've seen an athlete in my lifetime accomplish as much as he did in those ~3 hours. Unreal. **** him though.

As far as the Warriors go, they pretty much brought back whatever PTSD remained from 18-1. Losers. Enjoy the offseason.

Sports, bruh!

So many facts. The only thing i'll say in kerrs defense is that e had no choicce but to start barnes since iguodala back was messed up. he couldnt give him those minuetes. Also, do you wanna give 30min a game to Barbosa instead
laugh.gif

The Warriors looked shell shocked after game 5. Like they knew they blew their chance at a back 2 back.
actually barbosa BALLED OUT. dude hardly missed this entire series and every time he stepped on the floor he gave big contributions. im not mad at kerr starting barnes, im mad at him for keeping him in. in the past 3 games barnes shooting % was so trash. i mean dude was missing buckets even from 3 ft last night. dude is 6'10. dont miss from 3 feet when ur 6'10 its practically a layup for him. then when barnes had a stretch of like 6 or 7 straight open 3s and none of them were even close to dropping? thats kerrs fault. i woulda benched barnes so hard the chair woulda broke like the clipboard. either get ur head straight or ride bench. this is the finals.

Yes, Ray Allen's shot was the more electrifying shot.
But a 3ptr on the road in game 7 of the Finals in a tie game with under a minute left while being defended by the B2B league MVP, GREATER

Was saying the same last night. Kyrie's hit the biggest 3pointer in NBA history, FEARLESSLY. It wasn't a sloppy saved possesion and there was no backpedaling or hesitation. Kyrie wet the 2x reigning, unanimous MVP's face up. IN HIS HOUSE WITH A TIED SCORE IN A GAME 7 WITH SECONDS LEFT ON THE CLOCK. Kyrie is on drugs.

Nah bro, both Miami championship teams would give this Cavs team a fit.

You gotta remember, Lebron had a consistent jumper in Miami and they spaced the floor much better.

I'm not ready to say his jumper is that much worse than his Miami days. His 3rd year in Miami was where it was most apparent but they were spreading the floor way more. But who on that Miami team is boxing out Tristan Thompson? And Kyrie is cooking Mario Chalmers, Norris Cole and Knees Wade any day of the weak. Kyrie isn't Kobe, he's Wade with an automatic jump shot.

wonder how last years finals would've turned out if Kyrie didn't get hurt.

Lebron and the Cavs could go 0-164 over the next 2 seasons and it wouldnt matter. I'm happy for Cleveland.

When we gonna get a 'ship in Atlanta :frown:

2019. Atlanta will host the Super Bowl and the Falcons will play and win in it. The city is gonna be so turnt :wow:

But Miami LeBron > This LeBron and Bosh >>>>>>

Nah.

Barbosa probably outplayed Curry this series. He was a real threat and probably should have had more minutes.

What happens when Riley grows up to be Kyrie fan?

She could barely understand last finals, now she seeing her pops get torched by a ***** who spent the season getting taken to court by his IG thot baby mom and getting played by B-Grade R&B singers.

Myrie the young legend.

Last edited:

and on the flip side, last night cavs won because

- answered nearly every 3pt shot with a 2 immediately after to keep it close

- kyrie being kyrie

- lebron blocking all who dared to take it up soft

- 4pt play by shump to get some momentum

- love setting the tone by muscling ezeli (still shocked)

- ezeli being subbed in to guard lebron, and lebron having the iq to immediately go to work. quick 6

- loves perimeter defense in the clutch

- tristan on the boards

- jr's 3pt flurry to start the 3rd
Don't forget the constant switching that placed Steph on Bron, that was never going to work.

Cleveland was excellent at getting the switches they wanted, just as bad as GSW was at not switching or getting the right matchups on their end.

Don't forget the constant switching that placed Steph on Bron, that was never going to work.
i wont say that. lebron actually was NOT handling steph last game at all. remember the possession where curry was on lebron iso'd, lebron backed him down IN THE PAINT, and couldnt finish over him? curry on lebron wasn't the problem. it was when ezeli was on lebron that turned the tide. and curry on kyrie. kyries confidence/bloodlust was at 100% whenever curry guarded him past game 3. i said it back then, it was a MISTAKE to let kyrie get 41, because kyrie is an emotional hooper. as long as u keep him feeling overwhelmed he wont show. but if u mess up and let him see he CAN cook you....its over.

yeah but Barbosa was only getting like 10 min a game. those numbers start to change once he gets starters minutes. But kerr should've done something cause we all saw barnes wasn't working out there

yeah but Barbosa was only getting like 10 min a game. those numbers start to change once he gets starters minutes. But kerr should've done something cause we all saw barnes wasn't working out there
exactly. make an adjustment. if plan a isnt working, go to plan b. kerr decided to stick with plan a....for 2 whole games.

Cleveland was excellent at getting the switches they wanted, just as bad as GSW was at not switching or getting the right matchups on their end.
This is what I didn't understand at all.  Lebron's jumper wasn't falling at all, yet they kept switching every screen instead of going under and playing for the drive.

This is what I didn't understand at all.  Lebron's jumper wasn't falling at all, yet they kept switching every screen instead of going under and playing for the drive.

Yup, dude hit that 1 three over Ezeli but besides that it was mostly bricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom