The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah he's better as much as it pains me to say, top 5 now. I don't think we realize how much of an upset this was. And his performance the last 3 games is the stuff of legend.
agreed. id say lebron is top 5 now and has a better resume then kobe and duncan. 

They about to start digging up his kids report cards and scrutinizing LeBrons ability to help his kids with their homework
If that's the case did you see how his kids were well behaved in the presser? I'm sure his kids report cards are excellent.

agreed. id say lebron is top 5 now and has a better resume then kobe and duncan. 
And to top it all off, he's 31.

He has a ton of mileage granted, but he's 31 and is incredibly durable. His resume is just going to get even more grandiose in the next couple of years. 

The Laker Brigade is saying LBJ is top 5?

What's going on in here?

Ugh. The Kobe vs LeBron talk begins in earnest AGAIN.

This is the kind of stuff that should've been left in the past.

Kobe is retired. LeBron was supposed to be washed.

Ugh..

I hatttttteeeee youuuuuuu Stephhhhhhhhh. You let this happen!!!!!

Last edited:

Nice way to contribute positively to the conversation
Well its not like I can say much more than they washed all of the teams in the regular season and almost **** the bed twice in the postseason.

Not much more to say than other of their losses except for one came from teams who won less than 45 games this season.  They lost to the Lakers, Nuggets, Bucks, Mavs, Pistons, Trailblazers, Spurs, Celtics and Twolves so it isn't like they weren't murdering good teams all season long.

Man's just went on the road and won a game 7 against this warrior team.

Led everyone in pts rebs ast stls and blks

Put up like 36/11/9 for the series including 41/41/triple double in 3 straight elimination games.

There's not a player in the history of the league with a more impressive finals performance. And that's not counting all the other **** on his resume.

Top 5 top 5 top 5

Ugh. The Kobe vs LeBron talk begins in earnest AGAIN.

This is the kind of stuff that should've been left in the past.

Kobe is retired. LeBron was supposed to be washed.

Ugh..

I hatttttteeeee youuuuuuu Stephhhhhhhhh. You let this happen!!!!!
lmao.

Yea, I won't get into the Kobe vs. LeBron debate but I think I was just as happy for

LeBron: Last Night

as I was for

Kobe: In 2009 when he won his first ring "without Shaq." (Just to prove he was able to do it).

In no particular order; Jordan, Magic, Kareem, Wilt, and Russell. But I think you can argue LeBron will be in there when it's all said and done.

Man's just went on the road and won a game 7 against this warrior team.

Led everyone in pts rebs ast stls and blks

Put up like 36/11/9 for the series including 41/41/triple double in 3 straight elimination games.

There's not a player in the history of the league with a more impressive finals performance. And that's not counting all the other **** on his resume.

Top 5 top 5 top 5
But Kyrie carried him 
glasses.gif
 - 
laugh.gif

He already has 3 more mvps', 1 more finals mvp, was the best player on all 3 of his championship teams, is a better rebounder, passer, playmaker, teammate, etc. etc., He led a team that just won a series in which he was down 3-1 to a 73 win team, I mean...

you gasping at straws bro. 

So I guess rings aren't a valid reason, even though it's the main reason they both compete at a high level?
So you're just gonna act like the rape case didn't hurt him at all during the MVP voting process?
As for finals MVP, Shaq won the over Kobe because he did better in the Finals, over East teams that were undeniably worse than the WCF runner up. Look at the stats for the WCF those years. Kobe more than held his own. Kobe was not carried in any way. Shaq got easy pickings when they got to he finals.
Lebron better rebounder? Yes
Better passer/ playmaker? Yes (good job on using 2 adjectives for the same ting)
Better teammate? Subjective
And don't act like he dragged the team by himself after going down 3-1. Kyrie had a HUGE HUGE part in the final 3 wins. To say that Lebron himself led the team from 3-1 is delusion.

I will continue to live in denial. As much as it pains me to say this, Lebron is top 5. HOWEVER, I don't think I can ever put him above Kobe.

Last edited:
Has anyone in here actually seen Russell or Wilt play?  Serious question.  I can't get behind putting someone in my top 10 that I've never seen play an extended period of time.  I get that they have random games from them here and there, but I don't get how someone can definitely say that Wilt is top 5 or Russell is top 5 without seeing the era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom