The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair argument, I mean to pay "part" of it is the medias fault. And your right they shouldn't report the good because that's what the refs are supposed to do but they are humans as well at the end of the day and some calls get missed.

Even watch this video:

They try man and not to mention the main problem is not the report but rather the exaggeration. Yes one or two crucial calls can be called wrong but rarely can you point to games and say this one play decided it all. Basketball is a 48minute game, if you played right - it doesn't even need to come down to that call. You hear coaches/others say it all the time "the call was wrong but that's not why we lost."

Totally agree on the human aspect---people make mistakes. As a matter of fact that is what a Foul is...a mistake in game play. Refs are a judge of mistakes. Ironic, huh?

But it seems like more and more ref calls are made based on emotions and past history. That video you posted; proves that. I cannot believe how those Refs throw their weight around...even instigating Technical Fouls....They are ruling with Iron Fist---as if they were the stars---and guess what? That is exactly what happens when they make stupid calls like that---they become the headliner because they decided to make a call that CAN change the game play of (X) team, and ultimately the result.

Refs also need to understand that there is a possibility that they may have made a wrong call and allow players to voice their discontent without getting their ego's hurt.

I will give credit where credit is due. Danny Crawford is, in my opinion, one of the better refs. He is always willing to listen to the player and is never quick to T someone up, unless he has already warned them. He just seems to approach his job with utmost professionalism. And he ref'ed tonight.

Good healthy debate btw

nope. the league will make moves. warriors almost lost already in the post season. okc smells blood and will adjust. cavs cakewalked to the finals. it wont be the same next year.

I think a lot of this is dependent on KD. If he goes out east ... Bron might finally have competition. Otherwise Cavs will get there with ease again

My mind still can wrap around what we just witnessed. We just saw history. And we're in a whole new Lebron era....

And then there's that 3 from Kyrie. What the ****?!

Nike has won more than anyone today.

Dubs need to find them someone to give them easy paints in the paint or at least try. They should of tried to run some offense through bogut. Not necessarily today, but throughout the year where they are comfortable.

Regardless they need easy twos. Too many times these guys brought it back to the 3 point line when they could of had a layup.

in the west, spurs are on the decline, but ur talking about okc who smells blood and is confident, and a possibly healthy clippers who are reinvigorated. warriors still will have to fight to get there.
I think a lot of this is dependent on KD. If he goes out east ... Bron might finally have competition. Otherwise Cavs will get there with ease again
dragic

wade

johnson

bosh

whiteside

Did anyone ask Kerr why he inexplicably put Ezeli back in the game after those b2b buckets by Steph and Klay?

in 2-3 years the Lakers will be back in the WCF?? LOL

Lets bet on that. $500? Can you swing it? We'll be it into an account that does this type of thing. I'll even pay the fees for it.

I'll give you 3 years.

Say the word.

I think i know the answer.
2019 season. And forget about the account thing. We'll meet up in person. I'm in LA too.

You gotta remember one thing....The Spurs of tomorrow won't be as good as the Spurs of yesteryear. You just can't replace prime Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili and think Aldridge and Leonard are gonna carry you. OKC's big two will most likely split and if Westbrook ends up a Laker in 2017, they will be right back on the map. The Clippers, well...they're the Clippers. The Rockets? As long as Harden is there they ain't going nowhere. The Jazz are coming, but they won't get a Superstar anytime soon. The Grizzlies are pretenders and will hit the abyss next year. The Pelicans are future playoff contenders that teams will eventually worry about, so are the T-Wolves. The Warriors are the ONLY team anyone in the West has to worry about for the next 2-3 years. The Mavericks will be rebuilding soon as Dirk and Williams retire.

People who are clowning the Lakers now will eat their words by 2019.

1st player to lead both teams in pts, Rebs, ast, steals, and blocks....regardless of the round or length of the series...in NBA history?!?!

Win a title in Cleveland?!?!

King

nope. the league will make moves. warriors almost lost already in the post season. okc smells blood and will adjust. cavs cakewalked to the finals. it wont be the same next year.

This is assuming Westbrook stays in OKC. He's a legit threat to leave for the Lakers. I'm no Laker fan. Just stating an opinion. I'd hate for him to be a Laker. Want him to stay in OKC. But he wants back in LA.

Sorry a-friend a-friend . Flame me all you want. I know you don't want to hear that.

Just an opinion. Its why KD probably does a 2 year deal with an opt out (like Lebron did) because he's not sure about Westbrooks situation.

If Melo went to the Bulls or Heat, either team would get DUSTED by the Cavs. Melo offers no balance.

Quick example: LeBron has a bad shooting night can still get you solid defense and plenty assists and rebounds.

Melo has a bad shooting night, *crickets*

Same salary. I would say no to Melo honestly...

im from the bay area, raised here, but im prob the only non-warriors fan here.haha i never was and im not gonna act like i am since they have been good the past 2-3 years.

ive always been a bulls fan through the jordan years, and i was a little butt hurt when the warriors broke the record.

so lets just say im one of the few in the bay area celebrating the cavs win.

Lol bron was tired from playing the whole 2nd half, going full board on the iggy block, etc

That writst thing was to buy some time for sure

2019 season. And forget about the account thing. We'll meet up in person. I'm in LA too.

You gotta remember one thing....The Spurs of tomorrow won't be as good as the Spurs of yesteryear. You just can't replace prime Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili and think Aldridge and Leonard are gonna carry you. OKC's big two will most likely split and if Westbrook ends up a Laker in 2017, they will be right back on the map. The Clippers, well...they're the Clippers. The Rockets? As long as Harden is there they ain't going nowhere. The Jazz are coming, but they won't get a Superstar anytime soon. The Grizzlies are pretenders and will hit the abyss next year. The Pelicans are future playoff contenders that teams will eventually worry about, so are the T-Wolves. The Warriors are the ONLY team anyone in the West has to worry about for the next 2-3 years. The Mavericks will be rebuilding soon as Dirk and Williams retire.

People who are clowning the Lakers now will eat their words by 2019.

Bet confirmed?

If Melo went to the Bulls or Heat, either team would get DUSTED by the Cavs. Melo offers no balance.

Quick example: LeBron has a bad shooting night can still get you solid defense and plenty assists and rebounds.

Melo has a bad shooting night, *crickets*

Same salary. I would say no to Melo honestly...
nobody is debating whether he wouldve won or not, just that itd be a better situation that him staying on the knicks like he did.

Both teams missed their last 12 shots before Kyrie hit that 3. It was tied at 89-89 from the 4:39 mark. What it essentially ended up being was next team that scores wins. LeBron saved the finals with the block and Kyrie won it with the shot.
I guess it's safe to say....

Offense wins games. Defense wins championships

why are we talking about scrub *** Melo?

That dude is finished. He needs someone to come save his career. He'll win a ring when he's making $8M per season late in his career. Grab a cheap ring

dude toyin' with dell curry :rofl:

giphy.gif

Reactions: ct3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom