The Official NBA PG Thread

Legacy points.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

If you dont think D-Will or CP3 in the top 2 you shouldnt be taken seriously. I dont give a !%$% about stats they are the best 2 players at the position. There is no debate to this.

If we hop in a time machine and boogey back to 2008, right with you. In 2010, no sir. Admit it, you haven't even seen CP3 play this season. You're just remembering the good ol' days. Hopefully coaches are smart enough not to, but it's that type of thinking that has Russ still not cemented into his first All Star berth in his home town of LA

Do you care about winning?
If you wanted to talk about winning, Chris Paul is the last person you should being up. Have you heard of the stat Assist to Turnover ratio? No one is touch Paul. But yea I've seen alot of Chris Paul this season. Im not taking you seriously right now.

If you dont think D-Will or CP3 in the top 2 you shouldnt be taken seriously. I dont give a !%$% about stats they are the best 2 players at the position. There is no debate to this.

If we hop in a time machine and boogey back to 2008, right with you. In 2010, no sir. Admit it, you haven't even seen CP3 play this season. You're just remembering the good ol' days. Hopefully coaches are smart enough not to, but it's that type of thinking that has Russ still not cemented into his first All Star berth in his home town of LA

If you wanted to talk about winning, Chris Paul is the last person you should being up. Have you heard of the stat Assist to Turnover ratio? No one is touch Paul. But yea I've seen alot of Chris Paul this season. Im not taking you seriously right now.

Aren't the Hornets 3-9 in their last 12 after their hot start? And I'm wrong. By the way, he had 11, 8, 5 in a LOSS tonight. Like, if you can't use stats, can't use wins/losses, can't use individual matchups against the others in the conversation, can't use 4th quarter performances, what the hell can you use?

This reminds me of a religion arguments. I got stats, I got head to head, I got actual quotes from parties involved, but dudes keep just insisting, "HE JUST IS!! I DON'T CARE! I BELIEVE!! LLAAA LAAAA LAAAA" and covering their ears and !#*!.

I don't know if we're allowed to use this either, but 1 might also point out that after an 11-1 start, Hornets are only 2 games up from falling out of the playoffs entirely.

Aren't the Hornets 3-9 in their last 12 after their hot start? And I'm wrong. By the way, he had 11, 8, 5 in a LOSS tonight. Like, if you can't use stats, can't use wins/losses, can't use individual matchups against the others in the conversation, can't use 4th quarter performances, what the hell can you use?

This reminds me of a religion arguments. I got stats, I got head to head, I got actual quotes from parties involved, but dudes keep just insisting, "HE JUST IS!! I DON'T CARE! I BELIEVE!! LLAAA LAAAA LAAAA" and covering their ears and !#*!.

I don't know if we're allowed to use this either, but 1 might also point out that after an 11-1 start, Hornets are only 2 games up from falling out of the playoffs entirely.

Originally Posted by miamin2

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Derrick Rose is the best in the NBA for Lay-ups. This dude's lay-up highlight reel would be just as exciting as someones with dunking. What he did to Lamar was glorious.

My top 5 right now

1 - DWill
2 - CP3
3 - Rose
4 - Westbrook
5 - Rondo

Show me how CP3 is in the top 2. D-Will too. 
Rondo

Rose

Will

Paul

Westbrook
I see how some people can make a case for rondo being a top 1 or 2 guard because the numbers he's been putting up with assists are amazing and his teams got the best record but how can you not have either of williams or paul in the top 2?
Like what the hell is your case for them not being there?
His stats aren't touching those guys ... sorry. You guys are going off of his name.
No wow factor for him to be top 2.

Originally Posted by miamin2

Derrick Rose is the best in the NBA for Lay-ups. This dude's lay-up highlight reel would be just as exciting as someones with dunking. What he did to Lamar was glorious.

My top 5 right now

1 - DWill
2 - CP3
3 - Rose
4 - Westbrook
5 - Rondo

Show me how CP3 is in the top 2. D-Will too. 
Rondo

Rose

Will

Paul

Westbrook
I see how some people can make a case for rondo being a top 1 or 2 guard because the numbers he's been putting up with assists are amazing and his teams got the best record but how can you not have either of williams or paul in the top 2?
Like what the hell is your case for them not being there?
His stats aren't touching those guys ... sorry. You guys are going off of his name.
No wow factor for him to be top 2.

RIGHT NOW, right NOW. Westbrook deserves that spot over Paul. 

Plus, last time I checked OKC has a better record than NOH.

He's shotting 50% from the field, averaging 10 assists per, and is averaging way less turnovers than Russ, Rose, and Rondo. Has the biggest assist to turnover ratio in the league, and is averaging the most steals in the league.

Those are point gaurd stats. I dont care if he's putting up 30 or not every night. John Stockton never averaged more than 17 points in one season and he's one of the best Point Gaurds of all time.

Jehlers02 wrote:
Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul wrote:
Jehlers02 wrote:

Last time i checked Chris Paul isnt playing with Durant. Last time i checked the Hornets are 6th in the West. Look at how terrible that team is.
Both of you shush

He's shotting 50% from the field, averaging 10 assists per, and is averaging way less turnovers than Russ, Rose, and Rondo. Has the biggest assist to turnover ratio in the league, and is averaging the most steals in the league.

Those are point gaurd stats. I dont care if he's putting up 30 or not every night. John Stockton never averaged more than 17 points in one season and he's one of the best Point Gaurds of all time.

Jehlers02 wrote:
Jehlers02 wrote:

Last time i checked Chris Paul isnt playing with Durant. Last time i checked the Hornets are 6th in the West. Look at how terrible that team is.
Both of you shush

D-Will with 30 and 10 tonight.
pimp.gif

He, along with 2-3 other PGs are playing at an MVP level.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Just stop. Chris Paul is still the far and away best point guard in the league. Referencing surface statistics like points, assists, and rebounds to prove your point is foolish. Get your stats game up. Why don't you take a gander at his shooting percentage numbers from everywhere, his turnovers, assist to turnover rate, and minutes played. Or you can just look up the all-inclusive measures like player efficiency ranking and win shares. Once you take everything into consideration, the conclusion is that he has been the best and most efficient point guard in the league THIS season.

Team success (or lack thereof) has nothing to do with who the best pg in the league is. Regardless, despite their recent shortcomings, he has led that roster to a respectable record, while most experts (and NTers) predicted the Hornets would be at the bottom of the league.

1. Chris Paul
2. Prob Deron Williams
3-5. Don't care
I'll stick with my surface statistics
laugh.gif

Using advanced statistics, Hollinger argued that the d'antoni suns played better defense than the 2004 pistons.

Since then, I've decided that crap is a bunch of baloney. 

Chris Paul may be the most efficient point guard but I guarantee he's going to continue to lose head to head matchups with the more physically gifted point guards in the future, ej. the john walls, the derrick roses, the russell westbrooks, the deron williams, the rondos. 

He has a history of losing head to head matchups against Deron. 

Didn't watch the game but I'm hearing CP3 admitted westbrook tore him a new one. 

We all know how Chauncey tore him up the last playoff series. 

That guy is incapable of guarding the more physically imposing guards.  Playing passing lanes aside he is an absolute defensive liability. 

I am willing to put him in the top 2 with Deron for now. 

But saying far and away the best point guard when he's averaging 16 and 10, give me a break. 

For the record, Russell Westbrook's PER is 25.4

CP3's PER is 27.2 

Deron's is 23.6

Deron's WS is 1.6 and Westbrook's WS is 3.3

Guess using your logic Russell Westbrook is the second best point guard. 

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Just stop. Chris Paul is still the far and away best point guard in the league. Referencing surface statistics like points, assists, and rebounds to prove your point is foolish. Get your stats game up. Why don't you take a gander at his shooting percentage numbers from everywhere, his turnovers, assist to turnover rate, and minutes played. Or you can just look up the all-inclusive measures like player efficiency ranking and win shares. Once you take everything into consideration, the conclusion is that he has been the best and most efficient point guard in the league THIS season.

Team success (or lack thereof) has nothing to do with who the best pg in the league is. Regardless, despite their recent shortcomings, he has led that roster to a respectable record, while most experts (and NTers) predicted the Hornets would be at the bottom of the league.

1. Chris Paul
2. Prob Deron Williams
3-5. Don't care
I'll stick with my surface statistics
laugh.gif

Using advanced statistics, Hollinger argued that the d'antoni suns played better defense than the 2004 pistons.

Since then, I've decided that crap is a bunch of baloney. 

Chris Paul may be the most efficient point guard but I guarantee he's going to continue to lose head to head matchups with the more physically gifted point guards in the future, ej. the john walls, the derrick roses, the russell westbrooks, the deron williams, the rondos. 

He has a history of losing head to head matchups against Deron. 

Didn't watch the game but I'm hearing CP3 admitted westbrook tore him a new one. 

We all know how Chauncey tore him up the last playoff series. 

That guy is incapable of guarding the more physically imposing guards.  Playing passing lanes aside he is an absolute defensive liability. 

I am willing to put him in the top 2 with Deron for now. 

But saying far and away the best point guard when he's averaging 16 and 10, give me a break. 

For the record, Russell Westbrook's PER is 25.4

CP3's PER is 27.2 

Deron's is 23.6

Deron's WS is 1.6 and Westbrook's WS is 3.3

Guess using your logic Russell Westbrook is the second best point guard. 

Like, if you can't use stats
You can, you're just using them horribly. You're only using per game stats even though Chris has played less minutes per game than the other three guys you compared him to earlier. Also, for some reason you're ignoring his shooting percentages which are basically off the charts at 49/46/91, giving him a TS% of 61.4%, best in the league among PGs. He's second in the league in assist % at 51.7%, behind only Rondo. Throw in his defense, which has been among the best in the league at the PG position, and it's ridiculous to act like he hasn't been great this year.

As for team success, look at that roster and tell me if you think they have any business being 14-10 in the West. People thought he'd be traded because they didn't think this team would even be in contention. David West is the only other guy on that team that can even be described as decent.

I got actual quotes from parties involved
You have one quote from a guy putting the blame on his own shoulders, something that most players do after a loss. You think that cliche changes anything?

Like, if you can't use stats
You can, you're just using them horribly. You're only using per game stats even though Chris has played less minutes per game than the other three guys you compared him to earlier. Also, for some reason you're ignoring his shooting percentages which are basically off the charts at 49/46/91, giving him a TS% of 61.4%, best in the league among PGs. He's second in the league in assist % at 51.7%, behind only Rondo. Throw in his defense, which has been among the best in the league at the PG position, and it's ridiculous to act like he hasn't been great this year.

As for team success, look at that roster and tell me if you think they have any business being 14-10 in the West. People thought he'd be traded because they didn't think this team would even be in contention. David West is the only other guy on that team that can even be described as decent.

I got actual quotes from parties involved
You have one quote from a guy putting the blame on his own shoulders, something that most players do after a loss. You think that cliche changes anything?

Brandon Jennings with a huge game tonight.  23 and 10 in a win @ Mavs ending their 12 game winning streak. 

Brandon Jennings with a huge game tonight.  23 and 10 in a win @ Mavs ending their 12 game winning streak. 

Originally Posted by PMatic

pimp.gif

niiice. fav PG in the league 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

pimp.gif

niiice. fav PG in the league 
pimp.gif

Jehlers02 wrote:
Jehlers02 wrote:

Both of you shush
KD wasn't playing for about 2 weeks and Westbrook was still putting up those numbers. 

Back
Top Bottom