The Official NBA Season Thread: Canada vs Australia at 7:30 | Japan vs France at 11:15 | USA vs South Sudan at 3

This is also something I don't understand.

1) he did this in Denver.
2) Why does how dangerous Memphis is factor into this? How many of the NBA's 26 cities aren't dangerous? Would this be only be wrong if he played for the Jazz or something?
I agree with you that there are logical flaws with connecting the latest Ja incident to crime in Memphis, but it’s a narrative that’s out there.

Think it’s just as simple as some people feeling like its a particularly bad look for one of the most famous people currently living in Memphis to be doing anything that can be viewed as glamorizing gun violence because it’s already a high crime city.

White America's gun culture is goofy but this is a bad comparison

Ja was on a work trip, in public flashing a gun.

He is part of a union that agreed their players won't engage in such behavior

Ja already was under scrutiny and he decides to go full buffoon.

If Ja was in his home, displaying a legally owned firearm, probably nothing happens to him

Ok, THIS I get. I thought he was in his home/hotel. I didn't know he was in public.

The scrutiny part I knew about, and agreed he shouldn't be pushing the envelope, but I thought he was at his own home (or hotel room what have you)

White America's gun culture is goofy but this is a bad comparison

Ja was on a work trip, in public flashing a gun.

He is part of a union that agreed their players won't engage in such behavior

Ja already was under scrutiny and he decides to go full buffoon.

If Ja was in his home, displaying a legally owned firearm, probably nothing happens to him
Agree with all of this.

And what’s more, it’s not accurate to act like nobody else gets in trouble for this kind of stuff. Other, non-famous civilians have, in fact, faced consequences from their employers for stuff posted on social media, including flashing guns, that violates company policies.

You didnt see the vid and you typing paragraphs? Cmon pleighboi. :lol:

I've repeatedly said I don't agree with him flashing the gun, I'm ASKING why he's being taken to such task when others have done worse. (That little ***** Rittenhouse) and received GoFundMe wages.

I'm not saying Ja was smart to do any of this (the kid, the beams, etc) I hope he gets clear of all this bs, but this country is full of folks who defend guns at all levels, even after actual shootings. Ja doesn't seem to be getting that defense, at all.

I'm asking why.

I've repeatedly said I don't agree with him flashing the gun, I'm ASKING why he's being taken to such task when others have done worse. (That little ***** Rittenhouse) and received GoFundMe wages.

I'm not saying Ja was smart to do any of this (the kid, the beams, etc) I hope he gets clear of all this bs, but this country is full of folks who defend guns at all levels, even after actual shootings. Ja doesn't seem to be getting that defense, at all.

I'm asking why.

Brb going over to the HBO thread to discuss The Last Of Us even though I havent watched it yet.

Ya know what y’all are right. Ja was wrong. EYE saw some mayonated people speaking on him and it triggered me.

My bad.

I can feel that 100% bruh. Trust me it gets to me as well. I just hate this one so much because he voluntarily gave them the ammo (no pun intended). Front facing cameras and wifi one of the worst things they done gave mfs I swear. So many mfs Jam themselves up with that **** its mind boggling.

Im sure a lot of folks in the L moving around with a crew and more than likely somebody strapped, but the breadwinner is the LAST person that needs to be giving the mass public that confirmation.

I'm asking why.
Who are you asking or trying to hold to task?

The Memphis thing is real.

Ja really is changing the culture here for the youth, so they are watching him all the time. His presence is so large on social media, stuff like this gives the city a big black eye. I literally went to the barbershop Sunday and old heads were so upset about it. Last thing you want is kids to think what Ja doing is cool because it ain’t :lol:

It’s not fair to put the weight of the city on Ja shoulders, but this is where we are today. Memphis needs a positive public figure in the worst way that youngins can look up to. Penny was the closest thing, but that was years ago and Memphis didn’t have a team.

Ja, Not Ok

Screenshot 2023-03-06 141520.png

Family Christmas Card, no prob.

Screenshot 2023-03-06 141530.png

And we're all in agreement with this? I'm not so sure I'm just ok with Ja gettin lit up for this, and millions of others got no probs when they do it. Iono. If he actually did/does aim at someone and let off a round or two, then ok, but just takin pics with his gun, like millions of other Americans do on a daily basis.....doesn't sit right with me. And again, I'm not sayin he's smart for flashin it, I just don't think the double standard should be so blatant and everyone just shrugs it off.
Kyle doesn’t work for the nba. Ja does. So ja gets suspended.

It’s pretty simple.

I'm asking why.

Can't really compare these situations. Rittenhouse is mass shooter that's defended by other redneck trash like him. Ja is a NBA superstar that made a foolish, easily avoidable mistake. Not the end of the world but it was foolish. Especially after a couple of those stories involving him and his people.

When my mans referred to himself as black jesus in the restaurant...

I knew he was already gone.

I cant blame him though, he got the world at his fingertips at age 23...that ego on another level

chalk it up to being young and dumb.

Back
Top Bottom