The Official NBA Season Thread: Canada vs Spain at 11:15 | France vs Germany at 3

The Miami package isn’t going anywhere. Herro does nothing for Portland. Find the 3rd team and it’ll happen.
I think only 1 team was interested all along (Miami) but Portland wants to push the blame for taking the Miami deal on Dame and make it seem like their hand was forced.

Nobody is giving up anything meaningful (eg brown, maxey) for a player that will make 60 mill a year at age 35/36

Reality slowly starting to hit Portland :lol:

It's ironic they extended Dame with the purpose of making him a more valuable trade asset but those two extra years are proving to be a hindrance due to his age.

Might work out better for Dame as the team trading for him can still remain competitive.

Art of negotiation is never accepting the first offer, even if you like it. No different than a job interview or anything else.

So I understand the spirit of what Cronin is trying to do, and have no problem with it. It’s how Gobert got traded for that insane package.

But Riley isn’t a young GM & Dame is 33 next year & only has 1 team on his list.
Portland has a lot more leverage then people are letting on. Dame is under contract for 4 years. He doesn't really have an out if they send him whenever. I'd be stunned if he didn't immediately have an about-face upon being shipped to whatever contender. He would.

SO if you aren't talking about their games, what are you talking about?

0079113E-5B63-4D95-8599-587EC9053E91.jpeg
FB6901A8-1B7B-4573-AA30-756B39FA7105.jpeg

Can’t stop I, from drinking Mai Tais with Ty Ty down Nevada

in my opinion, miami should sweeten the deal. that extra time in camp is better than a mid season trade.
portland is in tank and rebuild mode, so they can wait.

Portland has a lot more leverage then people are letting on. Dame is under contract for 4 years. He doesn't really have an out if they send him whenever. I'd be stunned if he didn't immediately have an about-face upon being shipped to whatever contender. He would.
No team is giving up any real assets to intentionally disrupt their locker room by bringing in a disgruntled player, whether he’ll actually report or not.

Teams will make an offer of scraps, sure, but nothing significantly better than the Miami package

Kyrie and James thought they were Jordan or LeBron in their 30s.

Neither have won anything being "The Guy" on their respective teams, but they dribble fancy, so they thought people would be backing up the brinks trucks.

Meanwhile this 2nd Rounder that can't jump, just dominated the whole league and is only 28. He's got 2 more 200 mil+ pay days coming because of the way he plays can be played until about 40.

Back
Top Bottom